Proof!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
Ok so I have been talking to my mom and she doesn't really believe me when I tell her about the end times getting close. She doesn't believe what I tell her about the parable of the fig tree, she thinks I might be interpreting it wrong. So what I am asking of yall is could yall just fill this topic with evidence of the approaching times. Making it easier for me to show her the truth.I know we have tons on this site, but it would be cool if we could just get it in one topic. Thanks for helping! ~follower

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
I can safely tell you that my family believes that everybody believes something different and it is truth...bummer isn't it?

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(followerofchrist;49923)
Ok so I have been talking to my mom and she doesn't really believe me when I tell her about the end times getting close. She doesn't believe what I tell her about the parable of the fig tree, she thinks I might be interpreting it wrong. So what I am asking of yall is could yall just fill this topic with evidence of the approaching times. Making it easier for me to show her the truth.I know we have tons on this site, but it would be cool if we could just get it in one topic. Thanks for helping! ~follower
I have to give it to you, kiddo. It's hard to have that kind of faith when mom doesn't agree. Right? You are someone to be proud of, actually.well, maybe mom down deep loves this life and just isn't ready yet. Or again, maybe she's heard so many failed predictions that it turned her off. Or again, her end-times belief maybe be different. I'm not sure of the situation. I think the fig tree parable is a good one. We see Isarel as a nation reforming in recent history, and we see morality going down the tubes just as predicted. As a matter of fact, I've seen a very radical shift in the public's thinking and beliefs in say, the last 15 years. I'm 49 years old now, and what I remember people believing back when I was a person your age changed quite a bit. Those are some signs to me, not to mention the "global economy" and other global ideas (the idea of a one-world government) taking shape. And what is another thing that maybe brought this shift of thinking on? Perhaps the availability of knowledge, even with the internet here. The book of Daniel also prophesies in the end days that "knowledge will increase" and that people will run "to and fro". whenever I'm on a highway, I'm still trying to figure which car is going "to" and which one is going "fro".
biggrin.gif
But that's beside the point. Point being I'm seeing some big changes going on.Nevertheless, she's mom, and I'm sure she must be a good woman. Respect her, and just let her know your points of view. Maybe one day she'll see it when something finally hits her in the face.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
"What does she believe?" Well that is a good question! I don't really know. None of my family talks about it. The only time they even touch a bible is on sundays to church, and not always then either. They take what the preacher says and thats it. Never heard a sermon on end-times so they don't have any thoughts on it. And they don't believe what I tell them. They have told me many times that since I am still young that "I don't have an opinion and even if I did it wouldn't matter." To be seen NOT heard kind of thing. So I figured if they won't listen to me and they won't read their bibles I would take it all straight to them and save them the (terrible trouble) of actually reading the bible, at least what they consider to be just troublesome.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(followerofchrist;50014)
"What does she believe?" Well that is a good question! I don't really know. None of my family talks about it. The only time they even touch a bible is on sundays to church, and not always then either. They take what the preacher says and thats it. Never heard a sermon on end-times so they don't have any thoughts on it. And they don't believe what I tell them. They have told me many times that since I am still young that "I don't have an opinion and even if I did it wouldn't matter." To be seen NOT heard kind of thing. So I figured if they won't listen to me and they won't read their bibles I would take it all straight to them and save them the (terrible trouble) of actually reading the bible, at least what they consider to be just troublesome.
I hope that your family one day realizes what a good person you are to tell them this. Usually its the parents that try to get the kids to read and believe the bible, not the other way around.What you describe to me is the sad state of affairs with Christianity these days. Not many take it truly seriously any longer and just believe what is fed to them and then they can't defend their position. This is why there are so many alternate religions and skeptics these days attacking Christianity. All too often, the skeptics especially perceive ALL Christians as just believing what is fed to them because indeed many are that way. This is why they come on forums like these to attack us. But what they don't realize is they stereotype us as these complacent Christians and don't realize that SOME of us read the bible and think things out. Indeed, most Christians that are too complacent and just spoon fed everything don't even bother coming on forums to begin with, at least not to talk about biblical things like we like to do.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(tim_from_pa;50024)
I hope that your family one day realizes what a good person you are to tell them this. Usually its the parents that try to get the kids to read and believe the bible, not the other way around. What you describe to me is the sad state of affairs with Christianity these days. Not many take it truly seriously any longer and just believe what is fed to them and then they can't defend their position. This is why there are so many alternate religions and skeptics these days attacking Christianity. All too often, the skeptics especially perceive ALL Christians as just believing what is fed to them because indeed many are that way. This is why they come on forums like these to attack us. But what they don't realize is they stereotype us as these complacent Christians and don't realize that SOME of us read the bible and think things out. Indeed, most Christians that are too complacent and just spoon fed everything don't even bother coming on forums to begin with, at least not to talk about biblical things like we like to do.
I hope and pray they do too. Yes, it is the sad truth of today.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
She doesn't believe what I tell her about the parable of the fig tree

"What does she believe?" Well that is a good question! I don't really know. None of my family talks about it. The only time they even touch a bible is on sundays to church, and not always then either. They take what the preacher says and thats it.
Hello FOLLOWER.LK 21:29
"Behold the fig tree and all the trees; 30 as soon as they put forth leaves, you see it and know for yourselves that summer is now near. 31 "So you also, when you see these things happening, recognize[19][Lit know ] that the kingdom of God is near
Jesus said that when you see these signs, you will know.What signs were they?Lets back up a little, and see what Jesus was saying, before he said this.;verse 20 LK 21"But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then recognise that her desolation is near. 21 "Then those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains, and those who are in the midst of the city must leave, and those who are in the country must not enter the city; 22 because these are days of vengeance, so that all things which are written will be fulfilled. 23 "Woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days; for there will be great distress upon the land and wrath to this people; 24 and they will fall by the edge of the sword, and will be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled under foot by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled. 25 "There will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among nations, in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves, 26 men fainting from fear and the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27 "Then they will see THE SON OF MAN COMING IN A CLOUD with power and great glory. 28 "But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near." Most of that discourse was true of AD 70, when the temple walls came down and the Jews were dispersed to the nations...and gentiles began to trample Jerusalem.So I believe sign 1=, the times of Gentiles over Jerusalem will end.Search history , to see where we can apply a fulfilment , and find 1967 to be a significantdate in Jerusalems history.Sign 2 =
"There will be signs[16][Or attesting miracles ] in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among nations, in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves,
Signs in the sun---mooon---stars---what could these be?I know that man landed on the moon 2 years later, and ever since we have satellites being sent up....now we are seeing perplexity and some devastating waves.Around the same time we have technology beyond belief that can wipe all life on earth--(unless God shortened the days, no-one would survive)The point is that "WHEN YOU SEE THESE THINGS"---This generation will not pass away, till all happens---heaven and earth will pass away, but Jesus word will not.I reckon i'm seeing these things, at a time when Jerusalem became Jewish again-the first sign in him coming Quickly.

samy

Apr 8, 2008
Just the fact that God destroyed Sodom and Gamorrah should cause us to be somewhat expectant of something. I'm quite sure that rampant, aggressive, homosexuality did not just happen overnight in S&G, any more than it has today in so many places (CA). Society has been spoiling for a long time and is now at the putrid stage that brings a reaction from the Holy God. samy

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
Show her the prophecy of Daniel. The big statue made up of different metals. We're already past the toes of iron and clay.

samy

Apr 8, 2008
The last verse in the book of Judges in the Old Testament says it all today, "In those days there was no king in Israel; everyone did what was right in his own eyes." Judges 21:25. Today we see the chaos that results when mankind does not have the true King reigning, and does what is right in his own eyes. Jesus said He would come again. Amen.