Psalm 110:1

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes the Lord`s footstool is when the His enemies are defeated however, then comes their judgments. Then next verse says `Rule in the midst of your enemies.` (Ps. 110: 2)

And please show me where the Lord has been - `constantly bringing judgement and defeating His enemies since the first advent.`

Really don’t you see that evil men and nations like hitler for example have there time and then Jesus brings judgement on them through other nations?

For example let’s look at the apostate Israel and especially the Pharisees

Luke 19:41-44
41 As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it 42 and said, “If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace—but now it is hidden from your eyes. 43 The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. 44 They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.”

Yes Jesus used Rome to Judge Israel for His purpose and events like this have been happening against Jesus enemies for the past 2000 years just like in the verses below about Babylon the great.

Revelation 17:16-17
16 The beast and the ten horns you saw will hate the prostitute. They will bring her to ruin and leave her naked; they will eat her flesh and burn her with fire. 17 For God has put it into their hearts to accomplish his purpose by agreeing to hand over to the beast their royal authority, until God’s words are fulfilled.

Reactions: covenantee

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Really don’t you see that evil men and nations like hitler for example have there time and then Jesus brings judgement on them through other nations?

I thought you said that the Lord wasn`t judging till the Father brought the nations to His footstool?

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I thought you said that the Lord wasn`t judging till the Father brought the nations to His footstool?

Coming in judgement like God did on Jerusalem in 70AD or like God did on Sodom and Gomorrah which is much different than the great white throne judgement.

Mark51

Nov 8, 2020
BROOKLYN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 110
Of David. A psalm.
1 The Lord says to my lord:

“Sit at my right hand
until I make your enemies
a footstool for your feet.”

Doesn’t this verse prove that Jesus will sit at His Fathers right hand until He defeats satan and all of His enemies at the end of our world as shown in Revelation 20:9-10?

Jesus is only going to come back one more time.

I agree in part. It seems to me that Jesus was given authority-at least partially-and finally, totally as mentioned in Revelation. Consider these scriptures where Jesus, Paul, Peter and Stephen make reference and support an earlier “right hand” position. Matthew 22:41-46; 28:18; Acts 2:34-36; 7:55, 56; 1 Corinthians 15:25; Ephesians 1:20, 21; Philippians 2:9-11; Hebrews 8:1; 10:12, 13; 1 Peter 3:22.

Reactions: Marty fox

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I agree in part. It seems to me that Jesus was given authority-at least partially-and finally, totally as mentioned in Revelation. Consider these scriptures where Jesus, Paul, Peter and Stephen make reference and support an earlier “right hand” position. Matthew 22:41-46; 28:18; Acts 2:34-36; 7:55, 56; 1 Corinthians 15:25; Ephesians 1:20, 21; Philippians 2:9-11; Hebrews 8:1; 10:12, 13; 1 Peter 3:22.
Yes amen thanks