Psalm 110:1

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Psalm 110
Of David. A psalm.
1 The Lord says to my lord:

“Sit at my right hand
until I make your enemies
a footstool for your feet.”

Doesn’t this verse prove that Jesus will sit at His Fathers right hand until He defeats satan and all of His enemies at the end of our world as shown in Revelation 20:9-10?

Jesus is only going to come back one more time.

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Psalm 110
Of David. A psalm.

“Sit at my right hand

Doesn’t this verse prove that Jesus will sit at His Fathers right hand until He defeats satan and all of His enemies at the end of our world as shown in Revelation 20:9-10?

Hi Marty,

God the Father has given all judgment into His Son`s hand. (John 5: 27). Thus, when the Father brings the nations to His Son, the judgments will begin. And that we see from God`s word is the beginning of the tribulation. (Rev. 8)

From then on, we see that the Lord sets about to put down all rule and all authority and power. (1 Cor. 15: 24 & 25) And that is a process over a long period of time.

As the Body of Christ is included in judging the World System and the fallen angels, (1 Cor. 6: 2 & 3) then we know that they are in glory on Christ`s own throne. (Rev. 3: 21)

Then we see that the Lord will come twice -

1. to the air for the Body of Christ, and
2. after the trib, to deliver Israel and judge the nations.

Marilyn.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Marty,

God the Father has given all judgment into His Son`s hand. (John 5: 27). Thus, when the Father brings the nations to His Son, the judgments will begin. And that we see from God`s word is the beginning of the tribulation. (Rev. 8)

From then on, we see that the Lord sets about to put down all rule and all authority and power. (1 Cor. 15: 24 & 25) And that is a process over a long period of time.

As the Body of Christ is included in judging the World System and the fallen angels, (1 Cor. 6: 2 & 3) then we know that they are in glory on Christ`s own throne. (Rev. 3: 21)

Then we see that the Lord will come twice -

1. to the air for the Body of Christ, and
2. after the trib, to deliver Israel and judge the nations.

Marilyn.

Thanks Marilyn you have stated your views but the verse says that Jesus will sit at the Fathers right hand until He makes His enemies His foot stool.

Satan and his empire are defeated after the thousand years and after he is released as shown in Revelation 20 thus that is when Jesus will come again.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Of course, this applies to the Second Coming of Christ which begins with Armageddon. But that definitely does not say anything about the Rapture which is an entirely different event.

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thanks Marilyn you have stated your views but the verse says that Jesus will sit at the Fathers right hand until He makes His enemies His foot stool.

Satan and his empire are defeated after the thousand years and after he is released as shown in Revelation 20 thus that is when Jesus will come again.

The footstool is the position of His enemies under the Lord`s feet, ready for judgment.
It is the Son who will bring the judgments upon the nations. (John 5: 27)
It is the Son who will cast Satan and his demons into hell, and (Rev. 20: 2)
it is the Son who will rule the nations with a rod of iron, (under His feet). (Rev. 2: 27)

The Son does not come back to earth after the thousand years for then it is the Great White Throne. (Rev. 20: 7 - 11)

Marilyn.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 110
Of David. A psalm.

“Sit at my right hand

Yes.

In other word...

The Father said unto the Son "Sit as a Son of God beside me until I bring both my chosen of Israel and of all the nations under your care, and until your enemies are defeated."​

Reactions: rwb and Marty fox

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Of course, this applies to the Second Coming of Christ which begins with Armageddon. But that definitely does not say anything about the Rapture which is an entirely different event.

So do you think that He comes back at Armageddon and then to defeat satan a 1000 years later?

Last edited:

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The footstool is the position of His enemies under the Lord`s feet, ready for judgment.
It is the Son who will bring the judgments upon the nations. (John 5: 27)
It is the Son who will cast Satan and his demons into hell, and (Rev. 20: 2)
it is the Son who will rule the nations with a rod of iron, (under His feet). (Rev. 2: 27)

The Son does not come back to earth after the thousand years for then it is the Great White Throne. (Rev. 20: 7 - 11)

Marilyn.

Do you believe that the second coming is at Armageddon and then satan is defeated over a 1000 years later?

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you believe that the second coming is at Armageddon and then Satan is defeated over a 1000 years later?

Well, Satan is contained at the Lord`s coming in power and great glory with His mighty angels. Yes, at Armageddon. Then Satan is finally dealt with after the thousand years.

Remember Satan was defeated when the Lord rose from the dead. However, the outworking of that defeat is over time because of the Lord`s purposes for the Body of Christ, for Israel and for the nations.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Well, Satan is contained at the Lord`s coming in power and great glory with His mighty angels. Yes, at Armageddon. Then Satan is finally dealt with after the thousand years.

Remember Satan was defeated when the Lord rose from the dead. However, the outworking of that defeat is over time because of the Lord`s purposes for the Body of Christ, for Israel and for the nations.
@Marilyn C Psalm 110 is one of those Psalms indeed where the sheer clarity about the victorious Messianic character of Christ comes across so strongly..........

Reactions: Marilyn C

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So do you think that He comes back at Armageddon and then to defeat satan a 1000 years later?
After the battle of Armageddon the Beast (the Antichrist) and the False Prophet are both cast into the Lake of Fire. But Satan is chained in the Bottomless Pit so that the Millennium can proceed undisturbed while Christ reigns on earth. (Presumably all the evil angels and demons are also with him). After the 1,000 years, Satan is released, the battle of Gog and Magog take place, and then Satan is also cast into the Lake of Fire.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Well let’s look at this. Yes Jesus defeated satan at the cross but that’s not what this verse is talking about because Jesus ascended to the right happened of His Father in Acts chapter one.

Satan is defeated but there are still events to happen while Jesus is on His throne.

This verse in the OP speaks of Jesus sitting on the throne until all of His enemies are defeated thus He will be on the throne until judgement day after the thousand years and after satans release and defeat.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
After the battle of Armageddon the Beast (the Antichrist) and the False Prophet are both cast into the Lake of Fire. But Satan is chained in the Bottomless Pit so that the Millennium can proceed undisturbed while Christ reigns on earth. (Presumably all the evil angels and demons are also with him). After the 1,000 years, Satan is released, the battle of Gog and Magog take place, and then Satan is also cast into the Lake of Fire.

Okay thanks I now know your view on that but that wasn’t what I asked.

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well let’s look at this. Yes Jesus defeated satan at the cross but that’s not what this verse is talking about because Jesus ascended to the right happened of His Father in Acts chapter one.

Satan is defeated but there are still events to happen while Jesus is on His throne.

This verse in the OP speaks of Jesus sitting on the throne until all of His enemies are defeated thus He will be on the throne until judgement day after the thousand years and after satans release and defeat.

I think you forget that the glorified Lord Jesus will one day leave His Father`s Throne and ascend to His own throne.

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with me on my throne as i also overcame and sat down with my Father on His throne.` (Rev. 3: 21)

When the Father has brought the nations to His Son`s feet, then the Son will execute the judgments from HIS OWN THRONE. (Rev. 4)

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think you forget that the glorified Lord Jesus will one day leave His Father`s Throne and ascend to His own throne.

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with me on my throne as i also overcame and sat down with my Father on His throne.` (Rev. 3: 21)

When the Father has brought the nations to His Son`s feet, then the Son will execute the judgments from HIS OWN THRONE. (Rev. 4)

Of course Jesus will sit on His throne on the judgement day I’m not sure why you brought that up.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 110
Of David. A psalm.

“Sit at my right hand

Not necessarily. I, as a Premill advocate, view these enemies that Jesus will defeat the ones who are preventing the Kingdom Age from coming. So when Jesus comes the 2nd time, he will defeat the forces of Antichrist and essentially all barriers to his coming Kingdom.

It's a big deal in the OT Prophets that Israel finally obtain her time of rest, when all of her enemies have been vanguished. And it is to this that these kinds of statements are owed. Only, I think the Kingdom of God is way bigger than just tiny Israel. Jesus is coming back, I believe, to bring about an international Christian age, in which the knowledge of God fills the earth "as the waters cover the sea."

It may not mean a thing for us on this side of Jesus' Coming. But it's the *hope* that matters. God is not obsessive compulsive, but I believe what He started He intends to finish. ;) And neither Israel nor the Church has finished the job on this earth yet.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not necessarily. I, as a Premill advocate, view these enemies that Jesus will defeat the ones who are preventing the Kingdom Age from coming. So when Jesus comes the 2nd time, he will defeat the forces of Antichrist and essentially all barriers to his coming Kingdom.

It's a big deal in the OT Prophets that Israel finally obtain her time of rest, when all of her enemies have been vanguished. And it is to this that these kinds of statements are owed. Only, I think the Kingdom of God is way bigger than just tiny Israel. Jesus is coming back, I believe, to bring about an international Christian age, in which the knowledge of God fills the earth "as the waters cover the sea."

It may not mean a thing for us on this side of Jesus' Coming. But it's the *hope* that matters. God is not obsessive compulsive, but I believe what He started He intends to finish. ;) And neither Israel nor the Church has finished the job on this earth yet.

Yes the kingdom of God is much bigger than Israel.

Think of it this way Jesus has been defeating His enemies since the first advent as many kingdoms have risen and fallen over the last two thousand years. Too add to that John said that the spirit of antichrist was present in his day and Jesus did defeat it back then and continues too until this day. Jesus does this through other nations like the beast and the 10 kings who destroy Babylon the great.

With all that being said the verse in the OP does say that Jesus will sit at the Fathers right hand until all of His enemies are defeated and that doesn’t happen until the judgement day after satan is cast into the lake of fire. Thus Jesus will only come one more time.

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Of course Jesus will sit on His throne on the judgement day I’m not sure why you brought that up.

Hi Marty,

I`ll try to make it clearer. You said - This verse in the OP speaks of Jesus sitting on the throne until all of His enemies are defeated thus He will be on the throne until judgement day after the thousand years and after Satans release and defeat.

In Ps.110: 1 we see the Lord Jesus on the Father`s Throne till all His enemies are brought to His feet. And you seem to think that is not until judgment day after the thousand years.

However, it is the Lord Jesus who will be judging His enemies in the tribulation, and right throughout the millennium, with the rod of iron. (Ps. 110: 2 - `rule in the midst of your enemies.)

The Lord will sit on His own Throne with the Body of Christ and begin the judgments BEFORE the tribulation. (Rev. 4, 8)

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Marty,

I`ll try to make it clearer. You said - This verse in the OP speaks of Jesus sitting on the throne until all of His enemies are defeated thus He will be on the throne until judgement day after the thousand years and after Satans release and defeat.

In Ps.110: 1 we see the Lord Jesus on the Father`s Throne till all His enemies are brought to His feet. And you seem to think that is not until judgment day after the thousand years.

However, it is the Lord Jesus who will be judging His enemies in the tribulation, and right throughout the millennium, with the rod of iron. (Ps. 110: 2 - `rule in the midst of your enemies.)

The Lord will sit on His own Throne with the Body of Christ and begin the judgments BEFORE the tribulation. (Rev. 4, 8)

But that’s not what the verse says it says Jesus will sit on the right hand of the Father until all of His enemies are defeated. When will that happen on the judgement day after the thousand years and when satan is cast into the lake of fire.

Jesus has been constantly bringing judgement and defeating His enemies since the first advent as He is the ruler and judge of God creation now.

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But that’s not what the verse says it says Jesus will sit on the right hand of the Father until all of His enemies are defeated. When will that happen on the judgement day after the thousand years and when satan is cast into the lake of fire.

Jesus has been constantly bringing judgement and defeating His enemies since the first advent as He is the ruler and judge of God creation now.

Yes the Lord`s footstool is when the His enemies are defeated however, then comes their judgments. Then next verse says `Rule in the midst of your enemies.` (Ps. 110: 2)

And please show me where the Lord has been - `constantly bringing judgement and defeating His enemies since the first advent.`