Purge out therefore the old leaven

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Feast of Unleavened Bread, which was formally introduced to the children of Israel upon their departure from Egypt, was rooted in a message from God going back to the beginning of time. That message, which was given to Adam, is simply “eating the wrong stuff will kill you”. (Here we are speaking about spiritual eating; however, God does have a physical dietary law, which is important as well.) And no we are not talking about eating an apple. We are commanded by God to abstain from leavening and to eat unleavened bread for seven days every spring, at the beginning of God’s year cycle (immediately after the Passover…Exodus 12:13-15). God is not a vain God and he is not in the business of just giving us something to do to pass time. Therefore, we should realize that this observance has great significance, even as it pertains to our salvation. By observing this feast we acknowledge our abstinence from sinful ways (leavening) and show our commitment to true worship (unleavened) of God. We all must reach this crossroad in our life, just as Israel reached it, after leaving Egypt. They immediately ate only unleavened bread (Exodus 12:39) signifying the beginning of their new walk with God.

Notice that this observance came on the heels of Israel’s redemption by the blood of the Passover lamb. Well, Jesus is the Passover lamb and he died on this very day (the Passover…Matthew 26:1,2). Either this was quite a coincidence or God is revealing his perfect plan to us. After we come under the blood of Jesus, by baptism, we must be committed to walking with him in truth (unleavened bread), leaving behind all falsehood (leavening). Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth” (I Corinthians 5:7,8).

Oh’ what a wonderful God we serve, who after he redeems us, tells us how the redeemed must walk to get life. Praise God! Many people believe that this feast along with God’s other Holy Days have been done away with. Why would God do away with his Perfect plan? Only Satan would promote such teaching, as he did with Adam and Eve after God had given them specific instructions. Many attempt to make this commandment too hard to fulfill, but how hard is it to change the bread you eat for one week? If we can buy a tree, haul it home, set it up and decorate it, which God never commanded, surely we can keep this feast, which he did command.

The Apostle Paul and other Apostles didn’t do away with the Lord’s feasts. To the contrary, they knew the importance of these days and continued to observe them, even after Jesus was resurrected. Paul said, “...I must by all means keep this feast...” (Acts 18:21) and it is also written, “And we sailed away from Philippi after the days of Unleavened Bread...” (Acts 20: 6). Obviously Paul understood what a lot of people don’t understand today, and that is The Feast of Unleavened Bread is to be observed “by an ordinance forever” (Exodus 12:17). This observance is so important to God; he issued it with the death penalty if ignored. “...for whosoever eateth leavened bread from the first day until the seventh day, that soul shall be cut off from Israel” (Exodus 12:15).

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many people who choose to ignore this feast should reexamine their teaching. Unfortunately, the majority of people (many are called but few are chosen) have not learned that there is only one true way to worship God. We leave you with the same warning Jesus gave to his Apostles, “...Take heed and beware of the leaven (doctrine) of the Pharisees and Sadducees” (Matthew 16:6, 12). Observing this great feast is a sign that you are worshipping the true God correctly. Praise God! Remember Jesus says in Hebrews 13: 8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Leaven is sin and we know that Paul says in Romans 6: 23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Now take a look at (1John: 1:10) If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. According to bible you can’t be living a sinless life, because if you make such a statement, you just lied.

Also Paul says in (Rom. 5:13) (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. If there is no law, there is no sin!

(1Cor. 14:37) If any man thinks himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

Paul didn’t come preaching and teaching his own thing, but he abided in the doctrine of Christ. (Rom. 3:20) Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sights for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

The deeds of the law is referring to the animal sacrificial laws, all those sacrifices can never remove sins, so they could never be justified. This is true because the blood of Jesus can only justify us. The animal sacrificial laws was added because people continue to sin, and the wages of sin bring for death. So instead of God killing people every time they sin, he gave Moses a law to use, animals. So by the other law (Ten Commandments, statutes and Judgement) is the knowledge of sin.

Paul says in Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. You wouldn’t know what sin was if there was no law.

Reactions: amigo de christo

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the Unleavened Bread we want to eat is that spiritual bread that is from Christ. Jesus says in John 6: 32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. 34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. 35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

I know many people believe on the name of Jesus, but you have to come to Jesus in faith and do his will as Jesus did the will of the father.

One of the first things Jesus said was to repent.

Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. 46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father. 47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. 48 I am that bread of life. 49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Eating off this bread which is Jesus is a spiritual meal brothers and sisters. This is a daily meal we must eat consistently. Because learning about the living God is a life long journey.

Let’s take a look at what else Jesus says in verse 53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. 54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. 56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Jesus says the words he speak to us, is spirit and they are life. This is why it’s important to become a doer of the word and not just a hearer only. So we understand that drinking the blood of Jesus is the Passover and after the Passover is the Feast of Unleavened Bread, 4 These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons. 5 In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD's passover. 6 And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread. 7 In the first day ye shall have an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. 8 But ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD seven days: in the seventh day is an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. ( Leviticus 23: 4-8)

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let’s take a look at this time is Jesus days. Let’s go into Matthew 27: 17 Now the first day of the feast of unleavened bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare for thee to eat the passover? 18 And he said, Go into the city to such a man, and say unto him, The Master saith, My time is at hand; I will keep the passover at thy house with my disciples. 26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. 27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; 28 for this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

So Jesus died on the Passover because he is the Passover. Now, after the Passover come a High Sabbath Day, which is the feast of unleavened Bread. Let’s go to John 19: 31 The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.

So we can see how all this ties together and how important it is to eat Unleavened Bread, that spiritual Bread that came from heaven. Now it’s good to eat physical clean Bread in general, but let’s take a look a something Jesus says in Matthew 4: 4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.