Purity: Shema is the Backbone of OT AND NT, Agree?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
Floyd said:
Well; that explains!
Floyd.

Charismatic teachings.
[SIZE=14pt]
Various Groups and Cults, have many and various teachings from the Bible, particularly the Gospels, which can seem to have veracity, especially for the vulnerable, and people under various troubles.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]What many demand is the dictation of the lives and minds of their members, who are not allowed to question the leaders "edicts and interpretations" of Scripture. They go so far as to say in some current groups, that unless the person "can perform miracles, can heal, and speaking in tongues (languages) other than the native, they are not saved"! Some years ago, this type of group, (Pentecostal, Charismatic etc.) did not make such strong claims. They were content to pronounce that "some people had not received the second blessing", called by others "the Toronto blessing", as that manifestation apparently had its origin in Toronto, which created at that time at least a two tier system within the group![/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]The first manifestation of this type of teaching was circa. AD 200, which continued until approx. AD 800, in the "Montanists". The current manifestation emerged in the late 1800s, under the auspices of a Mrs. McPherson, called "Pentecostals". A notable feature of these groups is often the high profile of women, in the various activities, which may run contrary to the Apostle Paul's teachings, (1Tim 2:9-15).[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Many of these groups misinterpret many Scriptures to try to enforce their claims, which if the teachers concerned are knowingly Satanically controlled will have its own reward, (remembering the condemnation of the false Prophets and Priests of Israel, Deut. 18:20-22 and Jer. 23). [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]In Revelation 14:9-11 is the account of cognisant agents of Satan being dealt with in the Millennium Reign. This particular reference in Revelation applies to people who are knowingly worshipping and working for Satan during the Tribulation of the Jewish Nation known as "Jacob's Trouble", and those who receive his mark, and does not apply to this present Dispensation. However, it does show how seriously Almighty God eventually deals with such activity.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]It is incumbent on all of us who are Christians to try to understand Scripture and the Truth of it, as opposed to the many erroneous teachings, (2Tim. 2:15 and 2Tim. 3:16-17). The onus is on us as individuals not to be carried along by false teachers, and to take what is said to us, to the Bible, in sincere prayer to check the teaching that has been given. It has to be remembered also that one of the major errors of today in teaching, is to attribute one part of Scripture or another to Christians now, which may or may not be the case. That is why it is important to know the Administrations (Dispensations) of Almighty God, one such being the Acts period compared to now. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]It is evident on examination that the events of Acts 2 do not apply at the present time. It is also evident from careful reading of Acts 2, that the comments by Peter applied at that time to the Jews only, (see "Use and Abuse of Joel's Prophecy" now called “Joel’s Prophecy Past and Future” by Mike Penny, [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]www.obt.org.ukhttp://www.obt.org.uk/[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]). At Acts 28:28 the direction of the Gospel message was changed, and turned to the Gentiles, and they became the prime object, of Almighty God's great Love and Mercy in Christ. That condition still prevails, and at the present time there is a veil over the understanding of the Jewish people, which makes it harder for them to accept Christ Jesus as Messiah, and that is due to their rejection of Jesus; and as a Nation they will not repent that rejection until the time of Zech. 12:10 "They will look upon Him who they pierced". [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]It is the opinion of the writers that where people are truly misled, and have not been able for one reason or another to study for themselves, that they do not fall into the condemnation of the Almighty (although the Shepherds/Teachers and Leaders probably have considerable condemnation). However, the Almighty with the help of the Holy Spirit does expect us to continue to study the Word for Truth on all subjects.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The well-known "Alpha Course" which is now widespread in the world, purports to be a lead-in to true Christianity. However, when viewing a Documentary over a number of weeks on British Television which was introduced by David Frost, there is serious doubt in the minds of the writers that this course could be considered authentic Bible teaching. In the Documentary mentioned, a part of the Alpha course was kept away from the cameras. That particular segment concerned the “endowment of the Holy Spirit”, and was characterised as that of the events in Acts 2 known as the Pentecostal Endowment; which the writers are of the strong opinion is false teaching.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]That particular event was for the Jews gathered for the Passover Festival, and was what had been promised by Jesus, for His people Israel! [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]See: [/SIZE] Alpha Courses [SIZE=medium](Separate study)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The point is that many groups, such as the above, are claiming miracles, which are unsubstantiated; unproven; and are not allowed to be openly scrutinised![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]It is a cunning devise of the Enemy, that the call to "salvation" in such groups is identical to that in all worthwhile and True groups, but after the person is beguiled/controlled by the group leaders, (sometimes called prophets/s,) the demands for compliance/brainwashing into "sign's following" is incessant, to the point of oppression! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Instead of being set free, as is the True Christian who takes Christ as Saviour; the person becomes a slave of the group leaders, on pain of exclusion, or worse! These groups, the growth of which is startling in the world wide context, are a real threat to the true seeker, as the "salvation" of the individual is in real doubt. Once these leaders have control of the individual’s mind, and the false "spirituality" they propagate, it takes prayerful effort by the individual to break free, because they have been trained to subdue all doubts, and to lean on their leaders in all things. The comment by our Lord in Matt. 7:22 then almost certainly applies to the leaders of those groups![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]To arrive at Truth, always remembering that God knows all our true intentions, (our hearts), we should study for ourselves from a good Bible translation. If we can find a Bible believing group we should join it, for study and worship. The group organization should allow open discussion on the Bible, and any other subject related. It should allow any genuine question on the groups teaching, principles, organization, activities etc.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]The group or leaders should never demand obedience beyond normal good behaviour or manners. If claims or demands are made which do not appear to chime with reason, common-sense or the Bible, they should be challenged in open forum.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The will of the individual should never be subjected to a person or group, except in openly approved, Christian "norms and principles" which are common to the group, and posted and known prior to joining. In such a Christ centred atmosphere, growth of group and individual will flourish, and the Holy Spirit, the Comforter will be in the midst in Truth![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Some Charismatic Groups do not try to oppressively control their members, or insist on “healing” as a critical part of their belief system. They concentrate on prayer and praise of the Lord; in truth;[/SIZE] and have steady headed leaders. This is to be encouraged, but with constant wariness against infiltration of the extreme form developing; especially with unstable persons in fellowship!
I was part of this group called Gospel Outreach which had come from Eureka California, a ranch from which a former Episcopalian minister became a pentecostal
leader of various hippies, wanderers and vagabonds escaping the draft or just seeking their way...Jim Durkin was his name, and Jesus Movement Religion was his game.

...come to Eugene, Oregon where I planted trees for a living, just coming out of an ashram there, having been a 3HO Sikh and testing other religions, this one being the latest...

....and they took me under their wing, having then a Shepherding Ministry to the confused. They asked me if I wanted the Baptism in the Spirit one night, and I said yes, not without a little trepidation, since I knew this would be a supernatural event, having had this described to me..

...and they prayed with me, men and women mostly my age, a few a little older, only young people who had a common faith. It was like an evening Bible Study but they were praying I would receive this baptism, and I was praying the same thing. I don't remember any laying on of hands. I don't remember any singing or anything except the fact that although I felt at peace, nothing else had happened. They asked me if anything had and I just said I "felt good."

And the meeting was over. I was disappointed but they said we would try again. I went to bed...and woke up some hours later a shockingly pleasurable wave upon wave bathing me from head to foot and again and again...

...knowing right away THIS was the thing they spoke of, that God was communicating directly to me. I tried to 'speak in tongues' and sounds I've done before came out, don't know if these were especially words of angels or words of an imaginative mind or what...but this experience I know then and now to be

1) from God not any Devil or apparition evil this way comes
2) from a God who wants me and all people to know the Joy Inexpressible, the ecstacy of heaven the kingdom of YHWH Elohim

And I still to this day know that the original Seal of Covenant is just this. God's promise to us, if we remain loyal in covenant.

And I've come to believe, since then, hearing the words of Jesus' sacrifice and then crying tears of joy which did not originate from my own self, this experience repeating itself over and over through the years, the glorious tinges and shivers of pleasure seeing God's so many ideal manifestations everywhere, that this experience was then and is now the Circumcision of Heart which makes all men WANT TO love his God with all, the Heart of Shema and Command Assisted. From spirit to Spirit. From Grace and Faith to greater grace and faith.

So then Floyd ANY MAN can diatribe all he wants to, think he knows all he cares to, and step on and SPIT on the very trickled down upper room indwelling...

...but I for one will never forsake this...or my God who gave it unto me.

And let me say one thing which many here on this thread already knows. My experience is not UNCOMMON for charismatics here on this site. THEY know of what I speak.

They might NOT know that this experience is the very JUMP and LEAP to do Shema. The FULFILLMENT of the Deut 30 verse which someday every
pentecostal will know is the YONTOO to love God:

Deut 30

[SIZE=.75em]6 [/SIZE]And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love theLord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
nothead said:
Sorry, Old Jack, but again only a pentecostal in general knows the pentecostal experience, which changes all things, unless he is a pentecostal and does not know it as such, the core meaning, not the traditional meaning with all trappings....

...to be reborn in the spirit is what Jesus said to Nicodemus is the ideal, and all others are the wage earners who come in late, i.e. the criminal on the cross. I mean it is possible, just not coming in the front gate...

...coming over the fence, under the bottom rail, in the back hole, whatever. Pentecostals know of what I speak.
Thank you for your response!

Only want to remind you that the core of the Shema implies that we know the true God in all His greatness and grace, and turn to Him with all our being in truth. Again, belief ("Faith") in God is first and foremost THEN obedience in agape, that is, one must have a valid "Faith" in the promise waaaay back In Deut.6:4, in the Godman Lord Jesus Christ first.

Let's further distant ourselves from the Shahada's Shema and Islam (not condemning Islam in any way shape or form or Pentacostals) by simply placing our trust in the promise in our Lord Godman Jesus Christ turning to Him with our allll 24/7.

Old 'turnng' Jack

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
shturt678 said:
Thank you for your response!

Only want to remind you that the core of the Shema implies that we know the true God in all His greatness and grace, and turn to Him with all our being in truth. Again, belief ("Faith") in God is first and foremost THEN obedience in agape, that is, one must have a valid "Faith" in the promise waaaay back In Deut.6:4, in the Godman Lord Jesus Christ first.

Let's further distant ourselves from the Shahada's Shema and Islam (not condemning Islam in any way shape or form or Pentacostals) by simply placing our trust in the promise in our Lord Godman Jesus Christ turning to Him with our allll 24/7.

Old 'turnng' Jack
True God has changed, even His Law has changed. The men who would stone the woman caught in adultery found out, since God's annointed told them. Peter first had the dream which indicated then the rebuke by Paul which sealed it. The revelation that God's GRACE was now upon the whole world and how.

NO LONGER is the sting of Law the punishment of not being able to do it, this Hardest Law on the Planet, Shema our burden. For two reasons. God NO LONGER has a club raised over anyone's head, ready and willing to BRING IT DOWN UPON US for some minor infraction...and secondly He sends his beloved creation, the Christ, the Annointed one to tell us the way it is NOW.

....the man who picks up sticks on the Sabbath NO LONGER stoned in his ineptitude. The man who tries to right the Ark no longer struck down. The family bound to normal ignorance and stupidity no longer drowned in the sea of destruction...

...the Age of Grace has arrived in so many ways, all coming from not Jesus originally, rather YHWH Elohim the One True God. WHO gives Jesus all power and grace as the beloved Son of God. From the 'sons of the most high' in Psalm 82 to the Messiah, SON of God, this man is the harbringer of grace and mercy UNPRECEDENTED in the history of mankind.

Jn 5

[SIZE=.75em]30 [/SIZE]I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Plain text DEFEATING any idea of GODMAN sir, an UNBIBLICAL term. Heed the plain text and repent.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
nothead said:
I was part of this group called Gospel Outreach which had come from Eureka California, a ranch from which a former Episcopalian minister became a pentecostal
leader of various hippies, wanderers and vagabonds escaping the draft or just seeking their way...Jim Durkin was his name, and Jesus Movement Religion was his game.

...come to Eugene, Oregon where I planted trees for a living, just coming out of an ashram there, having been a 3HO Sikh and testing other religions, this one being the latest...

....and they took me under their wing, having then a Shepherding Ministry to the confused. They asked me if I wanted the Baptism in the Spirit one night, and I said yes, not without a little trepidation, since I knew this would be a supernatural event, having had this described to me..

...and they prayed with me, men and women mostly my age, a few a little older, only young people who had a common faith. It was like an evening Bible Study but they were praying I would receive this baptism, and I was praying the same thing. I don't remember any laying on of hands. I don't remember any singing or anything except the fact that although I felt at peace, nothing else had happened. They asked me if anything had and I just said I "felt good."

And the meeting was over. I was disappointed but they said we would try again. I went to bed...and woke up some hours later a shockingly pleasurable wave upon wave bathing me from head to foot and again and again...

...knowing right away THIS was the thing they spoke of, that God was communicating directly to me. I tried to 'speak in tongues' and sounds I've done before came out, don't know if these were especially words of angels or words of an imaginative mind or what...but this experience I know then and now to be

1) from God not any Devil or apparition evil this way comes
2) from a God who wants me and all people to know the Joy Inexpressible, the ecstacy of heaven the kingdom of YHWH Elohim

And I still to this day know that the original Seal of Covenant is just this. God's promise to us, if we remain loyal in covenant.

And I've come to believe, since then, hearing the words of Jesus' sacrifice and then crying tears of joy which did not originate from my own self, this experience repeating itself over and over through the years, the glorious tinges and shivers of pleasure seeing God's so many ideal manifestations everywhere, that this experience was then and is now the Circumcision of Heart which makes all men WANT TO love his God with all, the Heart of Shema and Command Assisted. From spirit to Spirit. From Grace and Faith to greater grace and faith.

So then Floyd ANY MAN can diatribe all he wants to, think he knows all he cares to, and step on and SPIT on the very trickled down upper room indwelling...

...but I for one will never forsake this...or my God who gave it unto me.

And let me say one thing which many here on this thread already knows. My experience is not UNCOMMON for charismatics here on this site. THEY know of what I speak.

They might NOT know that this experience is the very JUMP and LEAP to do Shema. The FULFILLMENT of the Deut 30 verse which someday every
pentecostal will know is the YONTOO to love God:

Deut 30

6 And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love theLord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.
Nothead; I realise that you have had an experience that to you is very real; and I want to treat that with respect; because of what I have seen in my life!
I also understand IMO the need you show; and, the zeal you express, in your joy and enthusiasm.
I have never been a Charismatic; but I have know two leaders (well known people) one of international standing.
Both are dead, one at 37, the other at 50.
Both were convincing, and convinced of their authenticity re their teachings; and one had similar experience to yourself.
Both contracted cancer; both were prophesied to be cured; both died within weeks!
The younger of the two had become my friend, and we wrangled on many parts of Scripture.
That was 30 years ago, and because of my love for this man (in Christ Eph.), and another experience my wife and I had with a friend's dying 7 year old child; we were very angry, especially as many local leaders told us we were the cause of the deaths; by virtue of our "lack of faith"!
So Nothead, please excuse me if you think I have been too harsh with you; but, since then, the Lord has graciously show me/us where our error was; which in a nutshell, was because of lifelong, wrong teaching, by authoritive figures.
We were given the answer to our dilemma; but we have noticed that most are left in a state of anger and despair! The authoritative figures not seeming to care!
That was left behind many years ago; but it has left me/us intolerant to the cant and satanic control of the pulpits around the world; and I mean the world; I have seen it!
Returning to your case; and please excuse the diversion, it is meant to give you a background for the comments I am about to make.
I understand your experience, having seen vicariously similar ones.
What has disturbed me, is your denial of the Lord's Deity; which is fatal Spiritually; and leads to eventual doom!
This I assure you is true!
Hold on if you must to your experience, as it has given you hope, strength, and purpose; but, I say this carefully, asking you to not dismiss it with-out much care; what is the source of the experience you have had?
I beg you to get as close as possible to Jesus the risen Lord of Glory; pray continually, at every moment left to you!
If you do this, and drop your denial of Him, in the sense of His Deity; you will be saved, and we shall meet in Eternity.
Regards. Floyd.

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
Floyd said:
Nothead; I realise that you have had an experience that to you is very real; and I want to treat that with respect; because of what I have seen in my life!
I also understand IMO the need you show; and, the zeal you express, in your joy and enthusiasm.
I have never been a Charismatic; but I have know two leaders (well known people) one of international standing.
Both are dead, one at 37, the other at 50.
Both were convincing, and convinced of their authenticity re their teachings; and one had similar experience to yourself.
Both contracted cancer; both were prophesied to be cured; both died within weeks!
The younger of the two had become my friend, and we wrangled on many parts of Scripture.
That was 30 years ago, and because of my love for this man (in Christ Eph.), and another experience my wife and I had with a friend's dying 7 year old child; we were very angry, especially as many local leaders told us we were the cause of the deaths; by virtue of our "lack of faith"!
So Nothead, please excuse me if you think I have been too harsh with you; but, since then, the Lord has graciously show me/us where our error was; which in a nutshell, was because of lifelong, wrong teaching, by authoritive figures.
We were given the answer to our dilemma; but we have noticed that most are left in a state of anger and despair! The authoritative figures not seeming to care!
That was left behind many years ago; but it has left me/us intolerant to the cant and satanic control of the pulpits around the world; and I mean the world; I have seen it!
Returning to your case; and please excuse the diversion, it is meant to give you a background for the comments I am about to make.
I understand your experience, having seen vicariously similar ones.
What has disturbed me, is your denial of the Lord's Deity; which is fatal Spiritually; and leads to eventual doom!
This I assure you is true!
Hold on if you must to your experience, as it has given you hope, strength, and purpose; but, I say this carefully, asking you to not dismiss it with-out much care; what is the source of the experience you have had?
I beg you to get as close as possible to Jesus the risen Lord of Glory; pray continually, at every moment left to you!
If you do this, and drop your denial of Him, in the sense of His Deity; you will be saved, and we shall meet in Eternity.
Regards. Floyd.

Obviously you are confusing the bad experiences of your Church with the pentecostal beginning experience of a new believer.

We begin, but we do not fare equally in our walk, the confusions, worldly desires, fog and mist hampering even the leaders and so-called annointed.

It sounds like you backed off a little concerning my testimony, that it is across the board for believers, the Baptism of Spirit a negative and evil experience from Satan.

Satan would not make me cry tears of joy every time I hear about the glorious things Jesus did and said, this is completely odd and contrary to the dual reality of life...good and evil, darkness and light, ignorance and wisdom. I tell you truly I still cry these same tears many times daily, and even this morning more than several times.

You however are adamant about one thing being evil and this is the deity of Jesus. I avow Jesus is divine, as a glorified man, or 'elohim,' the very definition of divinity which the Hebrew language allows for...

....UNDER his God and OVER even the angels who are in turn 'elohim' over normal men and women in the flesh.

And you can rest assured by the scripture itself this is true; Jesus never said he is the One True God ever. And he told his own naysayers who he is:

[SIZE=.75em]24 [/SIZE]I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
[SIZE=.75em]25 [/SIZE]Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.

So then Floyd, since Jesus NEVER EVER said he was God, what could this be, that which he had told THEM and his own disciples from the beginning?

And if he HAD said he was God, to his own, if not to all around him, then how was this not recorded in any gospel or epistle?

I appreciate that we will find tests of faith and courage as you related, the negative things in our own church which come against us...I am not a member OF ANY Church since my theology doesn't correlate with any single one yet...but this does not make the true things of faith any less true. Your friends and loved ones dying were their own tests of faith, more even than a test to you or any around them...

...how to die, how to die faithfully and in covenant, a test of faith which comes to all but the accidental deaths.

...and if leaders of the faith deny the faith or the faithful who follow them, then so much more is your faith which overcomes.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
nothead said:
Obviously you are confusing the bad experiences of your Church with the pentecostal beginning experience of a new believer.

We begin, but we do not fare equally in our walk, the confusions, worldly desires, fog and mist hampering even the leaders and so-called annointed.

It sounds like you backed off a little concerning my testimony, that it is across the board for believers, the Baptism of Spirit a negative and evil experience from Satan.

Satan would not make me cry tears of joy every time I hear about the glorious things Jesus did and said, this is completely odd and contrary to the dual reality of life...good and evil, darkness and light, ignorance and wisdom. I tell you truly I still cry these same tears many times daily, and even this morning more than several times.

You however are adamant about one thing being evil and this is the deity of Jesus. I avow Jesus is divine, as a glorified man, or 'elohim,' the very definition of divinity which the Hebrew language allows for...

....UNDER his God and OVER even the angels who are in turn 'elohim' over normal men and women in the flesh.

And you can rest assured by the scripture itself this is true; Jesus never said he is the One True God ever. And he told his own naysayers who he is:

[SIZE=.75em]24 [/SIZE]I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
[SIZE=.75em]25 [/SIZE]Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.

So then Floyd, since Jesus NEVER EVER said he was God, what could this be, that which he had told THEM and his own disciples from the beginning?

And if he HAD said he was God, to his own, if not to all around him, then how was this not recorded in any gospel or epistle?

I appreciate that we will find tests of faith and courage as you related, the negative things in our own church which come against us...I am not a member OF ANY Church since my theology doesn't correlate with any single one yet...but this does not make the true things of faith any less true. Your friends and loved ones dying were their own tests of faith, more even than a test to you or any around them...

...how to die, how to die faithfully and in covenant, a test of faith which comes to all but the accidental deaths.

...and if leaders of the faith deny the faith or the faithful who follow them, then so much more is your faith which overcomes.
You clearly either misunderstood, misconstrued, or are totally devious. The reason for giving you detail of my experience many years ago; was to show/warn you about the whiles of Satan; masquerading as the "truth", and as Christ Himself.
You clearly do not know who you serve; whereas I think others of your acquaintance do!
You are without doubt on the "road to destruction" at present; which is why I wrote you in the vein I showed!
You have chosen to ignore the warning (not from me, but from the Bible) so be it.
Floyd.
Satan's people:

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
Floyd said:
You clearly either misunderstood, misconstrued, or are totally devious. The reason for giving you detail of my experience many years ago; was to show/warn you about the whiles of Satan; masquerading as the "truth", and as Christ Himself.
You clearly do not know who you serve; whereas I think others of your acquaintance do!
You are without doubt on the "road to destruction" at present; which is why I wrote you in the vein I showed!
You have chosen to ignore the warning (not from me, but from the Bible) so be it.
Floyd.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
nothead said:
Floyd.
Floyd.

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
Floyd said:
Floyd.

Jn 17

[SIZE=.75em]3 [/SIZE]And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

1 Cor 8 the statement ALL JEWS under the sun know, God is One, and every trin under the sun glosses:

[SIZE=.75em]6 [/SIZE]But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Upper room revelation by Peter who EXPLAINS what just happened:

Acts 2

2 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
[SIZE=.75em]23 [/SIZE]Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
[SIZE=.75em]24 [/SIZE]Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

So then what in this passage implies Jesus is God? Speaking of pentecostal experience...

Jn 8 which you DID NOT REFUTE the plain meaning of:

IF he said to NO DISCIPLE OR MAN HE IS GOD, then HOW IS IT HE IS GOD?

And IF HE SAID TO ANY SINGLE ONE HE IS GOD, then HOW IS IT THIS NEVER GOT RECORDED in gospel or epistle?

'Cmon Floyd this single post should CONVERT YOU to become a unitarian pentecostal like me...

Jn 8 which I have pointed out to you, and you did not explain otherwise:

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
nothead said:
Jn 17

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

1 Cor 8 the statement ALL JEWS under the sun know, God is One, and every trin under the sun glosses:

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Acts 2

2 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
[SIZE=.75em]23 [/SIZE]Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
[SIZE=.75em]24 [/SIZE]Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

So then what in this passage implies Jesus is God? Speaking of pentecostal experience...

And IF HE SAID TO ANY SINGLE ONE HE IS GOD, then HOW IS IT THIS NEVER GOT RECORDED in gospel or epistle?

'Cmon Floyd this single post should CONVERT YOU to become a unitarian pentecostal like me...

Unitarians and Jehovahs Witnesses

Unitarians and Jehovah's Witnesses

[SIZE=16pt]The Bible clearly states that God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; which is where the apostasy of Jehovah's Witnesses, Unitarians and others that think along similar lines deny![/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Reading and listening to their weasel words is like reading Genesis 3:4 and Satan's words to Eve; "Ye shall not surely die" (KJV), after God had said the opposite only a short time before! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]The interesting point of Satan's attack on Eve,[/SIZE] is that Satan wanted to bring mankind low (out of the special relationship Adam and Eve had with God); see: [SIZE=16pt]Eve and Adam[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Satan also wanted to do the same with Jesus just after His baptism by John the Baptist; and showed his power with his temptation of Jesus; and offered Him "all the kingdoms of the world", if He would fall down and worship him (Matt. 4; and Luke 4). This action by Satan also confirmed that at that time (and the present) he was/is "the prince of this world[/SIZE]"; as both Paul and Jesus acknowledged!

Jehovah Witnesses and Unitarians et-cetera, have different teachings on Satan; even though the Bible is clear on his origins, his fall, and his purpose now and in the future. See: [SIZE=16pt]Satan's origins;[/SIZE] [SIZE=16pt]Satan's Motivation:[/SIZE] [SIZE=16pt]The father of Lies[/SIZE] and [SIZE=16pt]Worship of Satan[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]That means that some in their teaching do not believe that, Satan tempted Eve! Some teach that evil is in man from the Eden stage, but not by Satan! This confusion means that many believe that God introduced temptation and evil; which means in their teaching that God created evil[/SIZE], with all its consequences!

That of course does not hold true to Scripture; so that all their teaching is not valid to the Bible; so where does that leave their teachings but in the rubbish tip of the worst of the heretical sects and false churches, and false Christ's that Jesus warned about during His first Advent on earth, (Matt. 24:4; Mk.13:6; and Luke 21:8)!

[SIZE=16pt]As well as denying Christ's Deity, they deny also the Deity of the Holy Spirit. They protest that they "praise and worship God as other Christians do". However; as they deny the Holy Spirit's Deity; and as God is "Spirit" (Jn. 4:23); and "all that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth"; (Jn. 4:24); they cannot worship Him, as they deny Him! Therefore; if they think they worship the True God (1 Cor.8:4); they are deluded; and using false scripture, which is often the case (their own translations; corrupting the main points of God's Truth throughout)!

This places these people and especially their leaders in the same category as the "false shepherds of Israel"; and as per. Scripture prophecy means that they have severe judgement to look forward to; when Christ Jesus begins His clearing to Truth from "the lie of Satan"; at the beginning of His Reign on earth; see: [/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]Prophets, Prophetesses, Shepherds and Teachers[/SIZE] and [SIZE=16pt]Sheep and Goat Judgement[/SIZE]

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
nothead said:
Jn 17

[SIZE=.75em]3 [/SIZE]And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

[SIZE=.75em]6 [/SIZE]But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Acts 2

Thank you for caring again!

The Council of Nicaea already explained otherwise in 325 A.D. as you're already aware strongly affirming the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. If Jesus was not both truly God and truly man, His death couldn't atone for our sins. Only God would be capable of the infinite sacrifice necessary to the sins of the world.

Just in case you forgot, The Oneness of God in Deut.6:4 in no way conflicts with the Trinity of God since it's the Oneness of being, and not of Persons. The one God has revealed Himself as three Persons (Mk.12 & Deut.6:4).

The union of the three divine Persons (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) in one Godhead (state of being God) where all three are "co-equal," "co-eternal," and "co-substantial."

Old Jack

You're taking a real beating here, ie, let me give you a good Christian hug my brother.

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
Thank you for caring again!

The Council of Nicaea already explained otherwise in 325 A.D. as you're already aware strongly affirming the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. If Jesus was not both truly God and truly man, His death couldn't atone for our sins. Only God would be capable of the infinite sacrifice necessary to the sins of the world.

The Council of Nicea was a Child of Satan. How this can be, well do I have to explain? Satan got pregant and bore a chile, and her name was the Council of Nicea. Any more questions?

Seriously, a perfect lamb goat or dove served as limited propitiation before...where do they get this idea that GOD has to be sacrificed for the whole thing to make sense? How much more was the perfect MAN who overcame the world unblemished than the Christ, and how much more does HE SERVE as innocent blood for us?

Just in case you forgot, The Oneness of God in Deut.6:4 in no way conflicts with the Trinity of God since it's the Oneness of being, and not of Persons. The one God has revealed Himself as three Persons (Mk.12 & Deut.6:4).

Your assumption, which doesn't even make sense. Being and Person are synonyms, didn't I tell you before?

The union of the three divine Persons (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) in one Godhead (state of being God) where all three are "co-equal," "co-eternal," and "co-substantial."

You get this from another Council AFTER the Child of Satan Nicean Council. This was a child of the Child of Satan. How may you ask is a Council a child? Satan's child got pregnant, and had a child, child.

Old Jack

You're taking a real beating here, ie, let me give you a good Christian hug my brother.

Sniff, I NEED one, no one understands me.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014

Old Jack

Wow Jack; you're bang on.
Floyd.

Old Jack

From Floyd.
He can't be your brother Jack; he doesn't have Christ (yet).
Floyd.

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
Floyd said:

Old Jack

Wow Jack; you're bang on.
Floyd.

Old Jack

From Floyd.
He can't be your brother Jack; he doesn't have Christ (yet).
Floyd.

The Baptism in the Spirit is 'getting Christ.' To remain in faithful covenant is 'getting Christ.' To be in faithful covenant to Jesus and then thusly to God is 'having Christ.'

Maybe you could explain what 'getting Christ' means...oh waitaminute I KNOW I KNOW: realizing he is God, although the BIBLE never says it. Extra biblical revelation required, Floyd. You got that, I didn't.

Shows how dumb I AM. Ooooo. I just said "I am," blasphemy.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
nothead said:
The Baptism in the Spirit is 'getting Christ.' To remain in faithful covenant is 'getting Christ.' To be in faithful covenant to Jesus and then thusly to God is 'having Christ.'

Maybe you could explain what 'getting Christ' means...oh waitaminute I KNOW I KNOW: realizing he is God, although the BIBLE never says it. Extra biblical revelation required, Floyd. You got that, I didn't.

Shows how dumb I AM. Ooooo. I just said "I am," blasphemy.
Childish!
Floyd.

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
Floyd said:
Childish!
Floyd.
Nooooo. I AM theology is childish. Jesus says I AM four times in John and it gets translated I AM only once. The BLIND MAN says it and it gets translated I AM HE.

(The one Jesus healed). The Christ says it to the SAMARITAN WOMAN and she knows him to be GOD?? WHAT??

I AM does not jibe with the Septuagint translation of the second clause of Ex 3. I AM is not HO OWN the BEING.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
nothead said:
Nooooo. I AM theology is childish. Jesus says I AM four times in John and it gets translated I AM only once. The BLIND MAN says it and it gets translated I AM HE.

(The one Jesus healed). The Christ says it to the SAMARITAN WOMAN and she knows him to be GOD?? WHAT??

I AM does not jibe with the Septuagint translation of the second clause of Ex 3. I AM is not HO OWN the BEING.
What are you rambling on about?
Floyd.

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
Floyd said:
What are you rambling on about?
Floyd.
I AM theology must account for the term EITHER being a statement of existence, "I AM before Abraham was (born)....or I AM the name of YHWH Elohim.

I just took DOWN the possibility that it could be a name of God, since the Exodus verse goes, in the Septuagint, "....tell them the BEING sent me to you." Not, "...tell them the I AM sent me to you."

And my theology is not hampered by a mere statement of existence. Jesus PRE-existed Abraham in intent...God THOUGHT of him as being existent primal over Abraham. Before the foundation of the world.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
nothead said:
I AM theology must account for the term EITHER being a statement of existence, "I AM before Abraham was (born)....or I AM the name of YHWH Elohim.

I just took DOWN the possibility that it could be a name of God, since the Exodus verse goes, in the Septuagint, "....tell them the BEING sent me to you." Not, "...tell them the I AM sent me to you."

And my theology is not hampered by a mere statement of existence. Jesus PRE-existed Abraham in intent...God THOUGHT of him as being existent primal over Abraham. Before the foundation of the world.
Again; what are you talking about?
Floyd.

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
Floyd said:
Again; what are you talking about?
Floyd.

I AM Theology...what are YOU talking about, Floyd? So far this morning, "You are the spawn of Satan."

Em I heard this from you before. Then, "Good try, P" as a response to MY post. What are YOU talking about sir, and to WHOM??

OTHER THAN we are spawns of Satan? Spawns? Is there such a thing? What a concepts!!