Put God First

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth OT

Oct 24, 2019
Cypress
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
I have heard this phrase uttered countless times related to all sorts of things like relationships, a child going off to school, and various other endeavors. I know the roots come from Matthew 6:33, but I'd like to inquire of the forum what each of you who say this mean when you say it. Is it sort of a "Simba, remember who you are" reminder, or is it something different for you like advice to be a good person? All thoughts are welcomed.

Reactions: marks

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is first (and last), this is all his creation. The saying just says it like it is.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have heard this phrase uttered countless times related to all sorts of things like relationships, a child going off to school, and various other endeavors. I know the roots come from Matthew 6:33, but I'd like to inquire of the forum what each of you who say this mean when you say it. Is it sort of a "Simba, remember who you are" reminder, or is it something different for you like advice to be a good person? All thoughts are welcomed.

To me, the first thing to remember, to do, to be, I am God's child, He is here with me. He made me because it pleases Him for me to exist, and to know Him. He is here because it pleases Him that I be with Him. It pleases Him that I live in righteousness and holiness. It's what He wants, to fill me with power, and my life with fruit, and all my relationships filled with love.

I matters nothing what I want outside of what He wants for me. I exist for His purposes, not mine! But the more I understand His purposes, the more those things become what I want.

To put God first, to me, is to realize first and foremost that I am NOT first! That He leads where He wants.

What matters is what God says of me. What matters is what God wants of me. What matters is not just that God gave me life, but that He has a specific intent for this little life of mine.

Good thread!

Much love!

Reactions: Truth OT