Quakers - I feel akin to.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wise Haven

Sep 26, 2007
I apologize,In my last thread I said I was completing the series of questions on different Christian beliefs.I cannot close this series of questions until I mention the Quakers.Over ten years ago when I was searching for a spiritual home and I went to several Quaker meetings. Two of these were at the first Quaker meeting houses in Birmingham (Cadbury).Being tone deaf and non musical the Quaker meeting was for me a deeply moving and spiritual experience.The service is not led by a pastor and anyone can, and is encouraged to share their personal revelation and experience of God with the rest of the congregation.I identify with the Quaker expression of faith and this is probably the most profound experience I have had within Christianity.After spending a larger portion of my adulthood involved with militaristic agencies this is probably an ironic fate to seek salvation through an avowed peaceful denomination of Christianity.We can all be humbled.