Qualities Of The True Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wednesday 8-23-23 4th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Elul 6 5783, 64th. Summer Day

Although the Church Of God and people of God will keep the commandments of God, as expressed in the commandments to love God and to love our neighbor, and will obey the Ten Commandments (Matthew 19:17-21), which fulfill God's law of love (Romans 13:8-10) 1 John 5:3), it will not be a self-righteous, Pharisaical Church seeking to dominate and exercise dominion over the lives of members.

Jesus made this perfectly clear when He said, "Come unto me, all ye that are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart, and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light" (Matthew 11:28-30}.

Just because a Church observes the weekly Sabbath does not of itself prove it is of God, or God's Church! On the other hand, just because a particular Church observes Sunday, and meets on Sunday, does not of itself prove it is a Church of the devil!

The truth is, the Waldensians and others of the Middle Ages came out of Catholic superstition and error -- but they still did not understand about the weekly Sabbath! History shows that they generally met on Sundays for services. But this fact does not mean they were not of God. It simply illustrates the principle that we do not come out of error all at once! At that time it was not necessary for them to know and understand about the weekly Sabbath, or annual holy days. God put no more upon them than they could do. He is a merciful God, not a God of rigorous bondage and burdens. God is not a Pharisee!

Similarly, in the 19th century, God raised up George Muller to serve Him; and inspired him to begin a great work with orphanages in England. During the course of Mr. Muller's ministry, which was based completely on faith, God provided all their needs to feed, house, clothe, and educate thousands of needy orphans, and to teach them the Word of God. Over the course of his ministry, God sent George Muller the equivalent of several hundred millions of dollars, in terms of today's currency. His was an outstanding work of faith and labor of love!

But, although the Pharisees will all howl, and gnash their teeth in anger, the fact of the matter is that George Muller and his flock also observed Sunday as their regular meeting day. They were not Sabbatarians. They did not understand about the weekly Sabbath.

Love, Walter And Debbie

Last edited: