QUESTION 1 for YOU - IF YOU BELIEVE JESUS is GOD

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Purity said:
Ah, save me writing a lengthy post. ;)
[SIZE=16pt]εἶπεν αὐτοῖς Ἰησοῦς ἀμὴν ἀμὴν λέγω ὑμῖν πρὶν Ἀβραὰμ [/SIZE]
I said, to, for, Jesus truly truly I say to, for you before, Abraham
I spoke by with them until

[SIZE=18pt]γενέσθαι ἐγὼ εἰμί[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]come into a new state of being[/SIZE] I I am

​This is how I render the wenham.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
εἶπεν αὐτοῖς Ἰησοῦς ἀμὴν ἀμὴν λέγω ὑμῖν πρὶν Ἀβραὰμ
I said, to, for, Jesus truly truly I say to, for you before, Abraham
I spoke by with them until

γενέσθαι ἐγὼ εἰμί
come into a new state of being I I am

​This is how I render the wenham.
How does it relate to Abraham seeing Christ afar off?
“I Am” – 1 Pet 1:20 Grk: “proginosko” = “know beforehand” cp John 1:30

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Purity said:
Oh sorry bro I just got up, I was still thinking about the last conversation I was having with nothead.

My apologies :wacko:

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Oh sorry bro I just got up, I was still thinking about the last conversation I was having with nothead.

My apologies :wacko:
The Scripture still is with you...
“I Am” – 1 Pet 1:20 Grk: “proginosko” = “know beforehand” cp John 1:30
How?

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
StanJ said:
They're called connotations, not meanings, and the one you use here is wrong. I gave you the proper one based on the context.
1 Cor 15:24-28 is about the Son as the Son, not the Son as God. You fail to properly understand the different roles fulfilled by Jesus Christ.
Although Paul’s argument in this section is difficult in its details, its thrust is clear and powerful. The Corinthians must understand that the Resurrection is not an isolated event with limited repercussions. It is rather an integrating and culminating event in God’s sovereign rule over history. Redemption is not complete “until he has put all his enemies under his feet” (v. 25, a clear reference to Ps. 110:1), and since death is “the last enemy” (v. 26), Christ’s work is not done until death is destroyed. Paul’s statement that the Son “will also be subjected” to the Father (v. 28) does not mean that the Son is inferior in dignity and being. Rather, in His messianic work the Son subjects Himself to the will of the Father “when he delivers the kingdom to God the Father” (v. 24). The climax of Christ’s submissive, messianic work is this total conquest over His enemies, “that God may be all in all,” when His absolute rule is universally acknowledged.
Well described Stan, thanks.

ATONEMENT

[SIZE=14pt]The word "atonement", derives from the Anglo - Saxon and means "a making at one". This points to a process of bringing those that are estranged into a unity.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]The Oxford English Dictionary; 1) expiation, reparation for a wrong or injury. 2) the reconciliation of God and man. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]The Atonement[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]; the expiation by Christ of humankind's Sin.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Day of Atonement;[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] = YOM KIPPUR. (JEWISH).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The first reference to the word atonement (Heb. Kaphar) in Scripture is Ex. 29:33. However, the metaphor is earlier in Gen. 6:14, where the rendering is "Pitch it", (Kopher) but is derived from Strongs Concordance 2722 with the meaning of covering; in the Gen. 6:14 example to cover to keep out the water (of judgement).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The Ex. 29:33 reference, shows that the eating of this offering atones for the sin of the eaters and puts them in a temporary state of acceptance (Grace). This allowed the Aaronic priesthood to stand at the entrance to the Tabernacle in the presence of Jehovah, and for Jehovah to sanctify the Tabernacle,[/SIZE] and to be in the presence of His people Israel, and for them to know Jehovah as their God. It is important to note, that the sacrifices were conducted for seven days, prior to Jehovah's presence, (seven in Scripture denotes spiritual perfection, and is a mark of the work of the Holy Spirit). It is interesting to note that the Lamb of God (Rev. 5:7) takes the seven sealed scroll from the right hand of Jehovah, and it is not until the seven seals are eventually opened, that the Lord Christ Jesus returns to earth as Messiah King.

[SIZE=14pt]The Mercy Seat, (Ex. 25:17) was the place that Jehovah stated (Ex. 25:22) that He would be, and communicate with His people. The Mercy Seat, with inward facing cherubims, was the place that the Propitiatory blood of the sacrifice was sprinkled by the officiating priest, this representing the later shed blood of Christ, for the New Covenant with the Jews, later offered to the world, (Acts 28:28). The Arc below the Mercy Seat contained the Law, and all[/SIZE] the commandments of Jehovah (Ex. 25:11).

[SIZE=14pt]The system of sacrifices was ordained by Jehovah, to cover in a continuous way for the fact of the breaking of the Law continuously by the Jews. The blood sacrifices were a forerunner and symbol of the eventual ultimate[/SIZE] sacrifice of Jehovah's only Begotten Son Jesus Christ outside the City (Jerusalem) wall at Golgotha. In that one act Christ became the Exodus type Sacrificial Lamb for the Jews, and would have replaced the continual sacrifice offering for the people of Israel, as their looked for Messiah. Thus Christ became THE ATONEMENT and at the same time the promised New Covenant symbol (Jer. 31:31) (Heb. 8:8-12) (Heb. 10:16-17) (Mt. 26:28). The Jews rejected Him and are yet in their miserable Lo-Ammi state (Hos. 1:9-10). Due to that rejection, the gift of Christ in God, is offered to all the world, for a limited period (Acts 28:28). In the future the Jews will see Him whom they pierced (Zech. 12:10), and will realise that their misleading Shepherds (Rabbis) and the Yom-Kippur, were all fictions of the great enemy of Jehovah (Satan), and great will be their mourning.

[SIZE=14pt]At that stage the Lord (Christ - Messiah), will return to earth, and as THE rejected ATONEMENT, He will be present in Jerusalem and in the Temple showing the wounds of hand and feet and pierced side as a constant reminder to (His Friends) Israel, and the world's surviving peoples of HIS earlier REJECTION (Zech. 13:6). As it is clear from Scripture that the sacrifices for sin, etc. are reintroduced during the Millennial reign of Christ (Ezek. 41 & 42), the great and precious gift of Atonement and Salvation in Christ's Body and into Christ's Body, is no longer available to the world's people and that offer closed at the end of the Age of Grace. It is clear from Scripture that Israel's sin and trespass is dealt with by the priests of Israel (Zadok of Levi decent) (Isa. 61:6). However, regarding the rest of the world’s peoples Scripture says little, other than to say that people will want to visit the New Temple in Jerusalem, where Jehovah / Christ resides, for prayer to Jehovah God (Zech. 8:22-23) and brief comments in (Isa. 56:6-8) and (61:5), where the will of Gentile peoples to pray and serve Jehovah will not be ignored, and also they will acknowledge the Jews. In that day (Millennial), Jerusalem shall be known worldwide as, "the city of truth, the mountain of Jehovah Zebaoth (God of all the world), the holy mountain", (Zech. 8:3).[/SIZE]

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
and will realise that their misleading Shepherds (Rabbis) and the Yom-Kippur, were all fictions of the great enemy of Jehovah (Satan), and great will be their mourning.[/b]
I was enjoying 95% of what you pasted until you spoiled it with this.

Show us in the OT this great enemy called Satan? A chapter dedicated to the event? A section of Scripture in the Law which is what most of your thesis is derived.

Give us something to define this arch enemy of God out of the Law of Moses maybe? Show us where God warns Israel of this being? Speaks to them about his devices?

Anything Floyd!...I'm almost on my knees please show us this Satan out of the Law - where is the principle of overcoming this Satan found in the sacrifices? Surely Heb 2:14,15,16 is speaking to those sacrifices in the Law?

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Purity said:

Show us in the OT this great enemy called Satan? A chapter dedicated to the event? A section of Scripture in the Law which is what most of your thesis is derived.

Give us something to define this arch enemy of God out of the Law of Moses maybe? Show us where God warns Israel of this being? Speaks to them about his devices?

Anything Floyd!...I'm almost on my knees please show us this Satan out of the Law - where is the principle of overcoming this Satan found in the sacrifices? Surely Heb 2:14,15,16 is speaking to those sacrifices in the Law?
Purity, on 24 May 2014 - 01:04 AM, said:
Purity said:
If only you had 39 books to support your notions but you haven't one.
I only need one; The Bible!

It states clearly that God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; which is where your apostasy is!
Watching your weasel words is like reading Gen..and Satan's words to Eve; "surely thou shalt not die"!
Ahh. but of course; you don't believe in Satan do you?
That means he never tempted Eve!
That means in your "theology" God introduced temptation and evil!???
That of course would not hold water! So where now your theology?

You say you "praise God regularly"; that means (if you tell the truth), that you "worship in spirit and in truth ( Jhn.4:23-24), unless the "one" you worship, is one of those that Jesus warned would be evident (false Christ's).
You said in an earlier post that you treat the Holy Spirit in the same way as Christ Jesus; ie deny their Deity!
In that case; you cannot "worship in spirit and in truth"; as "God is Spirit"!???
Floyd.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne

Floyd

If you cannot simply say so! Don't lie to yourself and to others here.

Forsakenone

Dec 25, 2013
Madad21 said:
They say to Jesus "'Thou art not yet fifty years old, and Abraham hast thou seen?

Mate Im telling you its all in the translation by context, that has alway been the first rule of Greek in to english. if it dont fit in the context, it dont make sense.
I also found it somewhat peculiar that in the scripture you reference wherein they say unto that thou art not fifty years old when referring unto a person in their early 30's . Sure, he wasn't yet 50 years old according to the testament, yet in John 6:41-42 there is another peculiar reference, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know?

41 The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven.
42 And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven?

Some say that there are things in the scriptures that are irrelevant, yet in the scriptures everything means something. Jesus also said that man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceedeth from the mouth of God yet
there is no new truth revealed in NT that wasn't already said and revealed in the OT such Deuteronomy 8:3 "that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live."

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Purity said:
Floyd

If you cannot simply say so! Don't lie to yourself and to others here.
Please be specific; where is the lie?
Floyd.

Floyd said:
From Purity; you need 39 books to cover your theory:

From Floyd;

It states clearly that God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; which is where your apostasy is!
Watching your weasel words is like reading Gen..and Satan's words to Eve; "surely thou shalt not die"!

You say you "praise God regularly"; that means (if you tell the truth), that you "worship in spirit and in truth ( Jhn.4:23-24), unless the "one" you worship, is one of those that Jesus warned would be evident (false Christ's).
You said in an earlier post that you treat the Holy Spirit in the same way as Christ Jesus; ie deny their Deity!
In that case; you cannot "worship in spirit and in truth"; as "God is Spirit"!???
Floyd.
Please be specific; where is the lie?
Floyd.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne

Read again

Show us all out of the Torah your supernatural being.

Waiting....

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Purity said:
Read again

Show us all out of the Torah your supernatural being.

Waiting....
Great Floyd - and you can believe whatever you want but the Scripture only ever attributes the serpent to be an animal:
Thank you for your permission to "believe what I want"; gracious of you!
Regarding Gen. statement re "the serpent"; Dr. Ginsburg gives clear understanding (as the world's foremost Hebrew Scholar of his day); that the Hebrew word "nachash" is interchangeable with "serpent"; and is so in many parts of Scripture! Satan had/has the ability to "transform" himself into an "angel of light",
and did so in Eden; to the awe of Eve!
So; your "teaching" is in gross error, re Satan's abilities (and freedoms of action), which he exercised in Eden. If you challenge this; you challenge Scholars who are accepted world wide!
Over to you on this one!

2 Cor 11:3 But I(Paul) am afraid that just as the serpent deceived Eve by his treachery, your minds may be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ.

Explained above.
Your mind Floyd has been carried away and deceived with notions of devils.

No Purity; your's is by Satan!
Paul mentions nothing of this creature here but attributes the suggestive thoughts introduce to Eve were from an animal with voice.

Explained above.

Cunning - "Panourgia" (lit, "all working"; crafty, clever, always thinking about how to "trick" someone else) has its roots in Eden.

No; its roots are in Satan and his rebellion against God (you have been given these refs.)

And it is appropriate to men who are the seed of the serpent.

There are not any "seed of the serpent"; in the physical sense; but there are in the metaphoric; which is why you are in danger; unless you repent; accept the Deity of Christ; and beg forgiveness!

Floyd.

Purity, on 25 May 2014 - 10:18 AM, said:
Purity said:
This does not bode well for you Floyd - your continual avoidance of supporting OT evidence for your Satan is not forthcoming

P.
How very interesting Purity; now you resort to implied threat; because you are again cornered!

Please answer the points presented to you; after all it should be easy for you; they are your teachings!

Purity said:

Floyd.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
I am not asking much from you Floyd.

The question is simple.

Does the Torah teach anything about a supernatural being named Satan?

Yes or no?

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Purity said:
I am not asking much from you Floyd.

The question is simple.

Does the Torah teach anything about a supernatural being named Satan?

Yes or no?
I'm not asking much of you Purity; will you answer your own teachings; yes or no;
Floyd.

Purity said:

Floyd.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Great Floyd - and you can believe whatever you want but the Scripture only ever attributes the serpent to be an animal:
Regarding Gen. statement re "the serpent"; Dr. Ginsburg gives clear understanding (as the world's foremost Hebrew Scholar of his day); that the Hebrew word "nachash" is interchangeable with "serpent"; and is so in many parts of Scripture! Satan had/has the ability to "transform" himself into an "angel of light",
So; your "teaching" is in gross error, re Satan's abilities (and freedoms of action), which he exercised in Eden. If you challenge this; you challenge Scholars who are accepted world wide!
Over to you on this one!

2 Cor 11:3 But I(Paul) am afraid that just as the serpent deceived Eve by his treachery, your minds may be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ.

Explained above.

Paul mentions nothing of this creature here but attributes the suggestive thoughts introduce to Eve were from an animal with voice.

Explained above.

Cunning - "Panourgia" (lit, "all working"; crafty, clever, always thinking about how to "trick" someone else) has its roots in Eden.

No; its roots are in Satan and his rebellion against God (you have been given these refs.)

There are not any "seed of the serpent"; in the physical sense; but there are in the metaphoric; which is why you are in danger; unless you repent; accept the Deity of Christ; and beg forgiveness!

Floyd

Purity said:
So what is it?

Does the Torah discuss the Satan you believe in?

If not - why not?
Over to you on this one!

Explained above.

Explained above.

Floyd
Purity said:

Floyd.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers (diaboloi). Tit. 2:3.

Do you believe this letter to Titus was encouraging the aged woman to not become Supernatural Devils?

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Floyd said:
Over to you on this one!

Explained above.

Explained above.

Floyd

Over to you on this one!

Explained above.

Explained above.

Floyd

Floyd.
Why won't you answer your own teachings; we will not move on until you do!
Floyd.