QUESTION 1 for YOU - IF YOU BELIEVE JESUS is GOD

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

findingmyfaith1

Mar 20, 2014
Why do you believe Jesus is God, when you can read
word for word in the Book of Numbers,

Chapter 23, 19: God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man,

that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken,
and shall he not make it good?

Do you believe this or is this a lie?
1. Jesus was a man.
2. Jesus was a son of man.

Is everything in this verse from the Bible...TRUE?
Yes or no?

Please do not write me back giving me your theories or doctrine

or explanations of your opinions or theories of your explanations.

Just answer the questions
I presented to you as they are written.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can Jesus Be God if God is not a Man (Numbers 23:19)?

by Matt Slick
"God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent; Has He said, and will He not do it? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?" (Numbers 23:19).
Those who deny that Jesus has two natures, the divine and human, will often quote Numbers 23:19 as proof that Jesus cannot be God in flesh. But this verse is not a challenge to the doctrine that Christ is God in flesh. First of all, at the time Numbers was written, God had not yet become incarnate. So, it is true that God was not then a man--because the Word had not yet become flesh (John 1:1, 14). Remember, the verse says, "God IS not a man . . . " Second, the verse says that "God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should repent." In other words, the verse is dealing with the issue that God does not lie nor does he repent (of his sins). The verse isn't denying that the Word becomes incarnate later on. Instead, it is saying that God is not like people because he does not lie, nor does he need to repent from sin.

P.S.
Jesus was a man.
Jesus was not a son of man (his Father is God), but He is "the" Son of Man

Yes

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
justaname said:

by Matt Slick
"God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent; Has He said, and will He not do it? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?" (Numbers 23:19).
Those who deny that Jesus has two natures, the divine and human, will often quote Numbers 23:19 as proof that Jesus cannot be God in flesh. But this verse is not a challenge to the doctrine that Christ is God in flesh. First of all, at the time Numbers was written, God had not yet become incarnate. So, it is true that God was not then a man--because the Word had not yet become flesh (John 1:1, 14). Remember, the verse says, "God IS not a man . . . " Second, the verse says that "God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should repent." In other words, the verse is dealing with the issue that God does not lie nor does he repent (of his sins). The verse isn't denying that the Word becomes incarnate later on. Instead, it is saying that God is not like people because he does not lie, nor does he need to repent from sin.
If Jesus wasn't like a normal man, then what is the big deal about him overcoming the world?

God overcomes the world, with even less effort than Benny Hinn, knocking scads of people down with the mere bent tip of his little pinky.

God needs to do even less, knowing the backdoors to both hardware and software of the universe.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Why do you believe Jesus is God, when you can read

...because God the Father did not come down to die on the cross, his Son did.

Please do not write me back giving me your theories or doctrine or explanations of your opinions or theories of your explanations. Just answer the questions I presented to you as they are written.
Im sorry...you cannot dictate the terms of engagement on these forums however, all members must abide by forum rules.

Thank you :)

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
Angelina said:

Two Gods, not kosher. I know you don't care. But you should. Two Gods cannot be.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You see two Gods because your eyes have not been opened... yet they are one... -_-

John 17
Jesus spoke these things, looked up to heaven, and said:

Father,
the hour has come.
Glorify Your Son
so that the Son may glorify You,
2 for You gave Him authority
over all flesh;
so He may give eternal life
to all You have given Him.
3 This is eternal life:
that they may know You, the only true God,
and the One You have sent—Jesus Christ.

4 I have glorified You on the earth
by completing the work You gave Me to do.
5 Now, Father, glorify Me in Your presence
with that glory I had with You
before the world existed.

Jesus Prays for His Disciples

6 I have revealed Your name
to the men You gave Me from the world.
They were Yours, You gave them to Me,
and they have kept Your word.
7 Now they know that all things
You have given to Me are from You,
8 because the words that You gave Me,
I have given them.
They have received them
and have known for certain
that I came from You.
They have believed that You sent Me.
9 I pray for them.
I am not praying for the world
but for those You have given Me,
because they are Yours.
10 Everything I have is Yours,
and everything You have is Mine,
and I have been glorified in them.
11 I am no longer in the world,
but they are in the world,
and I am coming to You.
Holy Father,
protect them by Your name
that You have given Me,
so that they may be one as We are one.

12 While I was with them,
I was protecting them by Your name
that You have given Me.
I guarded them and not one of them is lost,
except the son of destruction,
so that the Scripture may be fulfilled.
13 Now I am coming to You,
and I speak these things in the world
so that they may have My joy completed in them.
14 I have given them Your word.
The world hated them
because they are not of the world,
as I am not of the world.
15 I am not praying
that You take them out of the world
but that You protect them from the evil one.
16 They are not of the world,
17 Sanctify them by the truth;
Your word is truth.
18 As You sent Me into the world,
I also have sent them into the world.
19 I sanctify Myself for them,
so they also may be sanctified by the truth.

Jesus Prays for All Believers
20 I pray not only for these,
but also for those who believe in Me
through their message.
21 May they all be one,
as You, Father, are in Me and I am in You.
May they also be one in Us,
so the world may believe You sent Me.
22 I have given them the glory You have given Me.
May they be one as We are one.
23 I am in them and You are in Me.
May they be made completely one,
so the world may know You have sent Me
and have loved them as You have loved Me.

24 Father,
I desire those You have given Me
to be with Me where I am.
Then they will see My glory,
which You have given Me
because You loved Me before the world’s foundation.
25 Righteous Father!
The world has not known You.
However, I have known You,
and these have known that You sent Me.
26 I made Your name known to them
and will make it known,
so the love You have loved Me with
may be in them and I may be in them

Shalom!!!

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
Angelina said:
You see two Gods because your eyes have not been opened... yet they are one... -_-

John 17
Jesus spoke these things, looked up to heaven, and said:

Father,
the hour has come.
Glorify Your Son
so that the Son may glorify You,
2 for You gave Him authority

over all flesh;
so He may give eternal life
to all You have given Him.
3 This is eternal life:
that they may know You, the only true God,
and the One You have sent—Jesus Christ.

4 I have glorified You on the earth
by completing the work You gave Me to do.
5 Now, Father, glorify Me in Your presence
with that glory I had with You
before the world existed.

Jesus Prays for His Disciples

6 I have revealed Your name
to the men You gave Me from the world.
They were Yours, You gave them to Me,
and they have kept Your word.
7 Now they know that all things
You have given to Me are from You,
8 because the words that You gave Me,
I have given them.
They have received them
and have known for certain
that I came from You.
They have believed that You sent Me.

9 I pray for them.
I am not praying for the world
but for those You have given Me,
because they are Yours.
10 Everything I have is Yours,
and everything You have is Mine,
and I have been glorified in them.
11 I am no longer in the world,
but they are in the world,
and I am coming to You.
Holy Father,

protect them by Your name
that You have given Me,
so that they may be one as We are one.

12 While I was with them,
I was protecting them by Your name
that You have given Me.
I guarded them and not one of them is lost,

except the son of destruction,
so that the Scripture may be fulfilled.
13 Now I am coming to You,
and I speak these things in the world
so that they may have My joy completed in them.
14 I have given them Your word.
The world hated them
because they are not of the world,
15 I am not praying
that You take them out of the world
but that You protect them from the evil one.
16 They are not of the world,

17 Sanctify them by the truth;
Your word is truth.
18 As You sent Me into the world,
I also have sent them into the world.
19 I sanctify Myself for them,
so they also may be sanctified by the truth.

Jesus Prays for All Believers
20 I pray not only for these,
but also for those who believe in Me
through their message.
21 May they all be one,
as You, Father, are in Me and I am in You.

May they also be one in Us,
so the world may believe You sent Me.
22 I have given them the glory You have given Me.
May they be one as We are one.
23 I am in them and You are in Me.
May they be made completely one,
so the world may know You have sent Me
and have loved them as You have loved Me.

24 Father,
I desire those You have given Me
to be with Me where I am.
Then they will see My glory,
which You have given Me
because You loved Me before the world’s foundation.
25 Righteous Father!
The world has not known You.
However, I have known You,
and these have known that You sent Me.
26 I made Your name known to them
and will make it known,
so the love You have loved Me with
may be in them and I may be in them

Shalom!!!

They can only be one if the one God has two heads, like the ancient first paintings of the Trinitarian God.

Now we are not quite as pagan. We make God into a symmetrical chart, in order not to seem infantile. (Infants can't draw charts too good).

So then if you separate the bodies of God as Jesus must have been while walking the earth, now the separated GOD BODIES are by definition a pantheon.

Less of course you keep God as a MYSTERY and a CONUNDRUM OF REALITY. In which case your God is totally incomprehensible. As a Trinity that is.

Of course no one really understands how the Trinity is not Three Gods. Nevertheless the statement still had to be stated from the beginning. Since of course to NOT say it would be to be a simple P o l y t h e i s t.
justaname said:

by Matt Slick

P.S.
Jesus was a man.

Yes

Yah, you quote HIM? What you moniker, homeboy? At Carm. Gosh how did I miss it? We have met. I have defeated you many times and none of these in a previous incarnation, eh?

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nothead said:
They can only be one if the one God has two heads, like the ancient first paintings of the Trinitarian God.

Now we are not quite as pagan. We make God into a symmetrical chart, in order not to seem infantile. (Infants can't draw charts too good).

So then if you separate the bodies of God as Jesus must have been while walking the earth, now the separated GOD BODIES are by definition a pantheon.

Less of course you keep God as a MYSTERY and a CONUNDRUM OF REALITY. In which case your God is totally incomprehensible. As a Trinity that is.

Of course no one really understands how the Trinity is not Three Gods. Nevertheless the statement still had to be stated from the beginning. Since of course to NOT say it would be to be a simple P o l y t h e i s t.

Yah, you quote HIM? What you moniker, homeboy? At Carm. Gosh how did I miss it? We have met. I have defeated you many times and none of these in a previous incarnation, eh?
Sorry nothead you have me confused with someone else...this is the only forum I am active on and the only forum I have ever joined...

findingmyfaith1

Mar 20, 2014
justaname said:

by Matt Slick

P.S.
Jesus was a man.

Yes
Is God still a man?
Yes or no?
Angelina said:

:)
So God is not a man? True or false?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
God is Spirit. Jesus came from Heaven born by the Spirit. Prior to being born as a man...Jesus was Spirit. We are flesh made in the image of God who is Spirit, One day we will leave these earthly tents and become spirit just as God is Spirit and the Lord is Spirit...

Reactions: IanLC

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Angelina said:
God is Spirit. Jesus came from Heaven born by the Spirit. Prior to being born as a man...Jesus was Spirit. We are flesh made in the image of God who is Spirit, One day we will leave these earthly tents and become spirit just as God is Spirit and the Lord is Spirit...
Plainly and elegantly stated...

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
Angelina said:
I totally agree! Which leads me to this point it takes the Holy Spirit who is the Spirit of Truth to lead into ALL truth especially the truth of God's Word. For the Holy Spirit breathed the Word and gave that inspiration for men to record what the Spirit was speaking! You can't rightly divide the Word of Truth or understand the mysteries of God except by His Spirit dwelling within you! For the letter by itself killeth but the Holy Spirit gives life and illumination to His Word for He spoke it!

(1 Corinthians 2:6) "Yet we do speak wisdom among those who are mature; a wisdom, however, not of this age nor of the rulers of this age, who are passing away; 7but we speak God's wisdom in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God predestined before the ages to our glory; 8the wisdom which none of the rulers of this age has understood; for if they had understood it they would not have crucified the Lord of glory; but just as it is written, "THINGS WHICH EYE HAS NOT SEEN AND EAR HAS NOT HEARD, AND which HAVE NOT ENTERED THE HEART OF MAN, ALL THAT GOD HAS PREPARED FOR THOSE WHO LOVE HIM; 10For to us God revealed them through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God. 11For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so the thoughts of God no one knows except the Spirit of God12Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God, 13which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words. But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised; 15But he who is spiritual appraises all things, yet he himself is appraised by no one. 16For WHO HAS KNOWN THE MIND OF THE LORD, THAT HE WILL INSTRUCT HIM? But we have the mind of Christ."

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are hopelessly limited by your conception that one essence cannot possess multiple persons or bodies. It's a difficult concept to understand, granted, but one that would make sense with a living and powerful God.

John 5:18 HCSB
This is why the Jews began trying all the more to kill Him: Not only was He breaking the Sabbath, but He was even calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God.

John 1:1, John 8:24, John 8:58, John 10:30-33, John 20:28, Colossians 2:8-9, Philippians 2:5-8, Hebrews 1:8 (lifted from Psalm 45:6) and many, many others testify to a Jesus where, as Colossians 2:8 says, the Godhead dwelled fully. We clearly know from historical sources that Jesus existed. We uphold the Bible to be Truth and therefore if we have an extant Jesus making pretty bold claims and numerous witnesses testifying to this claim, then something is amiss to claim that Jesus was either a liar or that a number of people necessarily lied (at threat of death) throughout the centuries.

You, unsuccessfully, attempt to dictate to this forum community that no one can reply unless it pretty much agrees with your illogical assertion. That might work on a Jehovah's Witness forum, but it won't work here.

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
Angelina said:
God is Love. God of course is more than love. God is Spirit, especially on earth, since no man normally sees Him or hears His audible voice.

God is more than Spirit. See how it works? Your comprehension of Absolute and Qualified is lacking. Limiting God to be ONLY ONTOLOGICALLY Spirit, are ye? What were the OT visions of Him then? Illusion? Drunken dream?
You are hopelessly limited by your conception that one essence cannot possess multiple persons or bodies. It's a difficult concept to understand, granted, but one that would make sense with a living and powerful God.

Who is it you speak to? One essence CAN possess different Persons. This would be, em Gods of like kind. Or in Chinese patois, Gods of Rike Kind.

Same as a Pantheon, sir. Can I call you sir, thou whom has to continually determine if I belong on your forum at all?

John 5:18 HCSB
This is why the Jews began trying all the more to kill Him: Not only was He breaking the Sabbath, but He was even calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God.

Jn 10 making himself God. Jn 5 an idiom to make oneself EQUAL to God is to usurp his God-self-given right to authority. Big diff.

This is what galled them regarding Jesus' "working on the sabbath." The statement:

[SIZE=.75em]17 [/SIZE]But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

So then it is easily determined "Jesus is making himself EQUAL to God."

But the view was wrong and a misinterpreted view of his statement.

His Father SHEWED him the work first, and in faith Jesus did the work. This means he is OBEDIENT to God, not equal to God.

His faith had eyes to see and he was obedient, no less.

YOUR eyes do not have faith to see the truth, sir. Proof in the same passage:

18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.
[SIZE=.75em]19 [/SIZE]Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
[SIZE=.75em]20 [/SIZE]For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

So then it might behoove you to understand Context, in exegesis, sir. C o n t e x t . Spell it and consider it.

John 1:1, John 8:24, John 8:58, John 10:30-33, John 20:28, Colossians 2:8-9, Philippians 2:5-8, Hebrews 1:8 (lifted from Psalm 45:6) and many, many others testify to a Jesus where, as Colossians 2:8 says, the Godhead dwelled fully. We clearly know from historical sources that Jesus existed. We uphold the Bible to be Truth and therefore if we have an extant Jesus making pretty bold claims and numerous witnesses testifying to this claim, then something is amiss to claim that Jesus was either a liar or that a number of people necessarily lied (at threat of death) throughout the centuries.

This is the methodology of this forum to list as many verses as you think applies to the issue? I have already addressed EACH AND EVERY ONE already. So then at the next level you have to address my posts not start over. Or go slower. Since I don't like to repeat.

Each verse in fact has a compendium of possibility. A history of C o n t e x t . A linguistic milieu. A seque into magical meaning, the wonderous meaning of God.

Shotgun verses do not impress me. Or the discerning reader.

You, unsuccessfully, attempt to dictate to this forum community that no one can reply unless it pretty much agrees with your illogical assertion. That might work on a Jehovah's Witness forum, but it won't work here.

Inneundo. I stand alone to take down the mountain of false Christianity. Which unfortunately many here adhere to.
justaname said:
Sorry nothead you have me confused with someone else...this is the only forum I am active on and the only forum I have ever joined...
Sorry bumpkins, I hate to hear this name Snatt LIck. People like him need to get a flagellate and start flagellating. His own back.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is it you speak to? One essence CAN possess different Persons. This would be, em Gods of like kind. Or in Chinese patois, Gods of Rike Kind.

Same as a Pantheon, sir. Can I call you sir, thou whom has to continually determine if I belong on your forum at all?
Well happy to see that you acknowledge that God is not limited, but I must admit you are one of the first to say this and still hold to the Jesus is not God mentality! The primary argument when one, just like the OP, cites passages like Numbers 23:19 is that God cannot be more than one person and still be one.

YOUR eyes do not have faith to see the truth, sir. Proof in the same passage:
We could trade barbs like that, or we could just settle for pointing out that the Trinity would be obedient between one another. Thus, the same sort of language is used with the Holy Spirit precisely because it is an example for us. That does not disqualify a trinitarian assertion in any way.

This is the methodology of this forum to list as many verses as you think applies to the issue? I have already addressed EACH AND EVERY ONE already. So then at the next level you have to address my posts not start over. Or go slower. Since I don't like to repeat.
If I had created a comprehensive listing, I'd still be at it. With all due respect, multiple verses would go far and beyond running a verse or two, which is the MO with trinity deniers.

Inneundo. I stand alone to take down the mountain of false Christianity. Which unfortunately many here adhere to.
A number of cults make this claim of exclusivity.

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
Angelina said:

Im sorry...you cannot dictate the terms of engagement on these forums however, all members must abide by forum rules.

Thank you :)

Yes Gods son was sent by God--- God did not come down here..Jesus was made lower than the angels--thus--NOT FULLY GOD-- that is a false teaching.

Reactions: Pelaides

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
Well happy to see that you acknowledge that God is not limited, but I must admit you are one of the first to say this and still hold to the Jesus is not God mentality! The primary argument when one, just like the OP, cites passages like Numbers 23:19 is that God cannot be more than one person and still be one.
No God is not more than one person. This is what the NUMBER one means when applied or an adjective of the One True God. Even a child would know this, but Hammerstone has a mind like em what, a hammer? Smart hammer at that, hammer.

We could trade barbs like that, or we could just settle for pointing out that the Trinity would be obedient between one another. Thus, the same sort of language is used with the Holy Spirit precisely because it is an example for us. That does not disqualify a trinitarian assertion in any way.

Trinity is obedient to one another. Em find this one in Bible hammer and I might consider. HS is obedient here. Son is obedient there. No comprehensive obedience of equal partners mentioned in any verse EVER NO WAY JOSE AND THIS IS THE TRUTH SIR.

Did I stutter or you want to refute something else I might have said?

Lettuce look at this one from another angle. Where is the Father EVER said to be obedient to ANY other much less your other two 'pahtners?'

HUh hammer huh hammer huh hammer?

If I had created a comprehensive listing, I'd still be at it. With all due respect, multiple verses would go far and beyond running a verse or two, which is the MO with trinity deniers.

I can name three off the top of my head and you ain't got no terp which makes sense.

Jn 17:3 This is eternal life that they know thee the ONLY true God and Jesus Christ who you sent.

1 Tim 2:5 [SIZE=.75em]5 [/SIZE]For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1 Cor 8

5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
[SIZE=.75em]6 [/SIZE]But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

One God and one other our Lord while we reside this earthly abode. So then I got as many and more which will refute you unequivocally. Do your best, to fall down and make a munchkin outa youself.

A number of cults make this claim of exclusivity.

I stand for the POV of Jesus and his Father the One True God. Two Gods do not a one God make. Not unless you fall down and make a mess of your bean, I mean head.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
WHY...TELL ME WHY? Would I want to answer such a direct question as such.
Oh---and why do I say direct?
The question reminds me of a german prison camp question.

It's so imature, no gooth, no love, and has no meaning if a answer was given.

And if I'm not mistaken........the answer will never be quinched unless it agrees to the brainwashing which took place at an earlier date.

Could this be the new birth of a JW ? Seems like the same M O

Here is the answer to all questions............JESUS IS LORD !

Made a little lower than the angels...................hmmmmmmmmmmmm...was that so he could be seen by man/ physically?

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
RANDOR said:
WHY...TELL ME WHY? Would I want to answer such a direct question as such.
Oh---and why do I say direct?
The question reminds me of a german prison camp question.

It's so imature, no gooth, no love, and has no meaning if a answer was given.

And if I'm not mistaken........the answer will never be quinched unless it agrees to the brainwashing which took place at an earlier date.

Could this be the new birth of a JW ? Seems like the same M O

Here is the answer to all questions............JESUS IS LORD !

Made a little lower than the angels...................hmmmmmmmmmmmm...was that so he could be seen by man/ physically?
You know more than most here, 71 times LORD and GOD are juxtaposed, LORD being Jesus and the Father being God NEVER reversed as Jesus God, the Father Lord in the same verse.

And ONE apparent time ever Jesus was called both Lord and God in the same verse. My view: Thomas called him 'elohim.' And this got translated "God."