Question concerning what to avoid posting

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Goinheix

Apr 6, 2011
  • Blasphemy will not be tolerated. This forum is intended for a Christian audience. Those who are not of the Christian faith are welcome to sign up but will be relegated to private forum discussion with staff members only. Any derogatory remarks about God (including the Son and Holy Spirit) will be removed. The same goes for remarks about Christianity. Do not hold the Bible to be the Word of God? We are not interested, then.
  • Do not lie. True Christians will not post rumors or false accusations, one would think that would be a given. However, this is one thing we will not tolerate. Remember that our father hates false balances/scales (Proverbs 11:1). This includes lying about yourself to gain access to forums as well.
  • No flaming, harassing, or trolling. We recognize that these terms may be unfamiliar to some, but they are a virtual extension of the insults prohibition. Flaming is when a member or members follow another member around the forum by making rude and inflammatory posts verbally attacking another member. Harassment is similar to flaming, but may be carried out through other means such as private message (PM) or email. Last but not least, trolling is the practice of making posts only meant to annoy, offend, or simply disrupt. Simply do not do any of them.
  • Denominational Posts – Excessive posts either attempting to either push a single denomination (or group) or attacking another denomination are included in this rule.
Supose I believe that Jesus cames from Mars and I have several verses of the Bible demostrating my believe. opening a thread and discusing it, is it breaking any of the above rules?

Supose that I am adventist and open a post defending that Jesus did come back already. If I am a Witness and open a post against taking blodd transfusion. Are those threads breaking any rule.

What if I say that Mary, after delivering Jesus have had more childrens. Is that breaking the rules?

If I do some of the above pots, or similar, will I get warning, an infraction or be banned?

I do not believe that Jesus is from Mars. This is crazy thing I am using as example-
I dont believe that Jesus did came back, and have not problem with blood. I am not adventidst nor witness.
But it happens that I strongly believe that Mary have had more kids from Joseph after Jesus birth. And I have solid biblical evidence demostrating that Mary did have more kids, brother of Jesus. Even I have theyrs names on the Bible. If I do post saying that Mary were virgin only until Jesus birth (this is an example, i will not touch thid topic again), will i be concider an heretic, a blaspheme? Will i br stoped by the administrators for such thread and posts? If I say, and demostrate that Mary is no longer virgin will i get a warning, get a infraction or be banned? Or is it room for open discussion with mutual respect and based on the scriptures?

This is not a Catholic site so you are actually stating a common belief on this board. All you guys are wrong, but you will fit in nicely here, Goinheix

Is it OK to post about the non virgin Mary just because it is not a catholic church?
What if i post contrary to some sencitive doctrine that afect the interest and believes of this forum?

You can post what you like - teaching doctrine that is not orthodox Protestant is going to get you in trouble, especially if you are warned and continue to teach.

This is a question best answered by a moderator or administrator of the board (which I'm not), but it would be a shame if those beliefs weren't allowed. The Bible does indeed say Jesus had half brothers and even sisters, and the names of at least his brothers is given. The most famous of course would be James. Paul did say that Christ did return, and dwells in us, so in a way that is in the Bible. Jesus even said I will never leave you nor forsake you. If you are going to say that he has returned in fleshly form (immortal or mortal flesh), you may get an arguement or a call for Bible proof.

Are you saying that i am not aloud to post and teach anything different that the commonn believe of the administrators? If the administrators are wrong concerning the age of Jesus when at the cross...then there is not a chance to correct that mistake? If the administrators insist in a detrmined age and i provide solid evidence in contrary i will be warned, infracted, banned and eventually expulsed for good?

Godd example. The Bible never say that Jesus had half brother and sisters. The Bible simply say that Jesus had brothers and sister. I am not really interested in posting in referesce to that topic; but it is a excellent example. If it happens that I insist in posting that the Bible talks about brother and sister, independently of being the thruth (that the Bible dont include the word "half") I will be in deep throuble posting different than the personal opinion and interpretation of a administrator.

In such case, it will good for all the times one of us is discussing with an admonistrator for him to identofy as one. Then, whatever he say, whatever he post, we know not to refute, even if he is totally wrong.

I Shall like to have an answer of a administrator as you say. Any how, if that is your opinion, I already have the tip that you will never ever, by not reason be posting any different that the administrator. You will not be posting your sincere and honest opinion but what the administrator aloud you to say.

You can disagree; you can even lay out your case, but it is unwise to teach doctrine outside of orthodox Protestant doctrine. I am Catholic and I do not hide it, but I do not teach Catholic doctrine either. I am not telling you what to do - feel free to do what you want.

You also said: " it would be a shame if those beliefs weren't allowed".

I really like to have an administrator to give an answer; because in other forums those posting different from the common believe of the administrator - specifically me - have been insulted, have been cal nonchristian, have been call heretic; and the admonistrator did aloud all those rules braking because they were oposite to my postings and teachings. Eventually I did prove out of any possible refutation that my teching was biblically correct. Immedietely, having not scape ot, having not any more argumentation, they did close thethread and ban me authomatically. Only because I insited and susceded to prove that they werer wrong.

I have been posting and teaching thigs that were not in contradiction to:
to any verse or text of the Bible

to any teaching of the fathers of the Church

to any christian creed

to any of the teaches of the reformers

to any christian and/or protestant statement of faith

to any confesional of any christian life

But in contradiction of some modern scholars and theologist.
I was call heretic and unhotthodix with no reason other that discreping to authors of the last centuries.

Is ther any administrator that can give an answer and save me a despointment?

IHSscj

Nov 2, 2012
O.K., now, I have a website of my own. Is it O.K. to post a link to it (or even just the url) when it is pertinent to a discussion ? :)

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We only allow links to personal websites in your signature or in the Christian Webmaster Forum.

You may cite your own article in a legitimate related discussion, and provide a link since it would be silly for you to be redundant. However, this is strictly monitored by our staff, and citing your own website/blog/forum/etc every other post is not allowed, and would be viewed as spam.

I hate to be so strict, but this is a place for dialogue; if everyone posted links all of the time, we would not really be discussing things.

IHSscj

Nov 2, 2012
HammerStone said:
We only allow links to personal websites in your signature or in the Christian Webmaster Forum.

You may cite your own article in a legitimate related discussion, and provide a link since it would be silly for you to be redundant. However, this is strictly monitored by our staff, and citing your own website/blog/forum/etc every other post is not allowed, and would be viewed as spam.

I hate to be so strict, but this is a place for dialogue; if everyone posted links all of the time, we would not really be discussing things.
Thank you -- that is most wise. Oh, & Merry Christ-mas!