Question for any smokers on here

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Has God ever said anything to you about it and if so what did he say

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wasn't really walking with Him when I quit. I used e-cigarettes to wean off. They worked better than anything the drug companies have.
I wouldn't call it a sin as, then we would have to tell every single overweight Christian that they are sinning, not to mention dangerous sport, sure could bang up this temple of The Holy Spirit. Lots of other chances people take that I would think God does not desire for us just because they are dangerous. JMO..

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I stopped smoking by vaping and quit that. Smoking started bothering me (rough voice, windedness) I felt like God was telling me it was a sin. BUT, God takes us where we are. If it is really bothering you and you feel like it is a sin, then see if you and He cain work out a plan to stop. If others are telling you it is sinful, and you're not there yet, that's okay, too.
God recognizes us as individuals on different stages of paths. I know the vaping plan God and I worked out--it may be different for others. I have a past history of mental illness--maybe that is why I had to do it by other than what they call cold turkey.
(Never understood the phrase "cold turkey." Cold turkey is yummy)

Reactions: Lambano and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I stopped smoking by vaping and quit that. Smoking started bothering me (rough voice, windedness) I felt like God was telling me it was a sin. BUT, God takes us where we are. If it is really bothering you and you feel like it is a sin, then see if you and He cain work out a plan to stop. If others are telling you it is sinful, and you're not there yet, that's okay, too.
God recognizes us as individuals on different stages of paths. I know the vaping plan God and I worked out--it may be different for others. I have a past history of mental illness--maybe that is why I had to do it by other than what they call cold turkey.
(Never understood the phrase "cold turkey." Cold turkey is yummy)
"Cold turkey is yummy" :dusted:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Knowing that smoking damages one's health, and is a prime cause of cancer, emphysema and heart disease, could we in all conscience continue to contribute to the ill health of the body God designed? Isn't that a bit of a slap in the face to our Creator?
What do you think? :IDK:He knows quitting is difficult, but addictions are something we choose to start. We shouldn't start what we cannot finish. Respect for God's creation should be enough incentive to stop.

Reactions: Nancy

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Knowing that smoking damages one's health, and is a prime cause of cancer, emphysema and heart disease, could we in all conscience continue to contribute to the ill health of the body God designed? Isn't that a bit of a slap in the face to our Creator?
What do you think? :IDK:He knows quitting is difficult, but addictions are something we choose to start. We shouldn't start what we cannot finish. Respect for God's creation should be enough incentive to stop.

Well, for example, I was told by one Christian that he has been smoking for 20 years and God has never said anything to him about it

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Scripture, it says nothing about tobacco. This is because tobacco is a New World crop.

Like drinking alcohol, the problem is not with the consumption but excess. No one can rationally suppose our Creator's intent is for us to be addicted to anything except his love for us and us acting as he wills.

I, myself, smoke a cigar every now and then.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, for example, I was told by one Christian that he has been smoking for 20 years and God has never said anything to him about it
2 Cor 7:1...
“Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and spirit, bringing holiness to completion in the fear of God.” (ESV)

Smoking is a defilement of the body, well documented in medical circles. It causes many health problems and costs millions in health costs, not to mention the suffering that goes along with those health issues.

No one can hear from God if they have their fingers in their ears, and have found a way to justify their addictions. :hmhehm

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
2 Cor 7:1...
“Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and spirit, bringing holiness to completion in the fear of God.” (ESV)

Smoking is a defilement of the body, well documented in medical circles. It causes many health problems and costs millions in health costs, not to mention the suffering that goes along with those health issues.

No one can hear from God if they have their fingers in their ears, and have found a way to justify their addictions. :hmhehm

Yeah but on the other hand who really wants to stay in this pathetic world for decades

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yeah but on the other hand who really wants to stay in this pathetic world for decades
Good point....but at the same time, this life is not the one we were supposed to live. Adam threw all of his children under the bus when he took what did not belong to him. He knew that his actions carried the death penalty but he deliberately disobeyed anyway.
God’s original purpose in creating humankind was for them to live forever in paradise on earth....we are a long way from paradise now, but God has seen to it that his purpose would be reinstated. (Isa 55:11)

What is coming is worth waiting for....do you want what he is offering? (Rev 21:2-4)

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Good point....but at the same time, this life is not the one we were supposed to live. Adam threw all of his children under the bus when he took what did not belong to him. He knew that his actions carried the death penalty but he deliberately disobeyed anyway.
God’s original purpose in creating humankind was for them to live forever in paradise on earth....we are a long way from paradise now, but God has seen to it that his purpose would be reinstated. (Isa 55:11)

What is coming is worth waiting for....do you want what he is offering? (Rev 21:2-4)

I want to leave this world yes. I'm tired. Tired of the days flying by. Tired of not having a job. Tired of being single. Tired of not being able to redo the last few years of my life without any humans, dogs or supernatural beings getting on my nerves 24/7

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I want to leave this world yes. I'm tired. Tired of the days flying by. Tired of not having a job. Tired of being single. Tired of not being able to redo the last few years of my life without any humans, dogs or supernatural beings getting on my nerves 24/7
aw, sorry you're feeling badly today. Wishing that things will turn around for you. remember that in Christ, you are the head and not the tail. Say out loud, 'I am the head and not the tail. I am above and not below in Jesus' name!'. strive to the end to do what is right and be a servant being kind, loving to others and helping others and God will bless you, God has blessings for those who are in the kingdom of heaven. God bless you!

Last edited:

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
aw, sorry you're feeling badly today. Wishing that things will turn around for you. remember that in Christ, you are the head and not the tail. Say out loud, 'I am the head and not the tail. I am above and not below'. strive to the end to do what is right and be a servant being kind, loving to others and helping others and God will bless you, God has blessings for those who are in the kingdom of heaven. God bless you!

Yeah I don't have time for that. I wake up and before I know it, its time for bed.