Questions about incense

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PossibleThrowawayAccount

Oct 1, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I enjoy different kinds of fragrances; candles, incense, etc. I am looking into building a home altar and know exactly what I want for it, but I am unsure about what incense to burn.

I know that it fundamentally doesn't actually matter what I burn, but I want to have something different than the stuff I burn for the sake of making the room smell nice. There doesn't seem to be any incense specifically for Christians, and I suppose Frankincense and Myrrh sticks could easily suffice. I do have resins and a burner but I worry about burning it inside because of the charcoals as they burn too hot, they spark, and they emit toxic carbon. Plus the smoke fills the room.

For a bonus question, does anyone have any idea what the incense, which God gave Moses a recipe to, would have smelled like? I cannot find any information online.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I enjoy different kinds of fragrances; candles, incense, etc. I am looking into building a home altar and know exactly what I want for it, but I am unsure about what incense to burn.

I know that it fundamentally doesn't actually matter what I burn, but I want to have something different than the stuff I burn for the sake of making the room smell nice. There doesn't seem to be any incense specifically for Christians, and I suppose Frankincense and Myrrh sticks could easily suffice. I do have resins and a burner but I worry about burning it inside because of the charcoals as they burn too hot, they spark, and they emit toxic carbon. Plus the smoke fills the room.

For a bonus question, does anyone have any idea what the incense, which God gave Moses a recipe to, would have smelled like? I cannot find any information online.
Exodus 30:34
"Then the LORD said to Moses, “Gather fragrant spices—resin droplets, mollusk shell, and galbanum—and mix these fragrant spices with pure frankincense, weighed out in equal amounts."

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What about your prayers . . .

Rev 5:8 Now when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.