Is The Bible Reliable? Cold-Case Investigation That It Is

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gandalf-

Nov 16, 2022
Marlboro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This Cold Case video on is the Bible reliable, by examining first the gospels with early writings of Paul, to examining forensically why and how the bible is true. This video is brilliant, and I highly recommend it. Please watch it in it's entirety. It starts out slowly, and begins to examine and explain how all forensic and more importantly circumstantial evidence and investigations, work.

And it explains there are only two types of evidence, direct, and indirect, or circumstantial evidence. And he further in depth explains that circumstantial evidence, without a live witness, or forensic evidence such as DNA, is the best and most reliable evidence. He explains how truly awesome circumstantial evidence is. And the bad reputation circumstantial evidence gets, is only when it is weak and without a lot of evidence. But if you can keep building a case with a lot of good circumstantial evidence, it is then a very strong case indeed.

And it also begins with how he didn't always believe, and with humor says come on, Christianity believes in talking donkeys and talking snakes. And it goes on to explain how police investigations work, etc..,

**** But when it finally gets into examining Christianity, from the early dates of, and witnesses from the gospels, etc.., it gets very strong. He and his wife came to believe - And when he finally gets into it, this video transforms into some of the best apologetics you are likely ever to hear for the gospel and acts.

He takes you from doubt, to how his cold case investigations work, and onto becoming a believer, with some of the best evidence for the truth, and early dates forensically and circumstantially for the Bible and Christianity. It does begin slowly, but when it finally hits the proof for Christianity, Wow. He shows by a cumulative circumstantial evidence investigation, or a death by a thousand papercuts against not believing, to how he proves Christianity is true :)

He is very personable, and as such is a good lecturer. However it drives me a bit crazy on how slowly he gets into the heart of the matter on proving the bible is true. But there is a method to his madness. He sets you up with the mind of a sceptic, as he and his wife were, and then slams down on you like a hammer why the evidence shows the Bible is true. About 20 to 26 minutes into the video he discusses how to treat witnesses. He informs you, in police cases which have reached court, on how you can not trust witnesses, because witnesses will burn you. So he doesn't mind if you are sceptical of the gospel witnesses.

But then he begins to hit you with your first set up on the witness, by describing how one has to test witnesses, and how to apply that to the bible. He lets you know this is a cold case, because the witnesses, the authors of the gospels are dead. But he shows you how those witnesses still can be tested, and in doing so, how he and his wife became believers.

And then starting at about just 26 minutes into the lecture, after he has set you up with his early teases, he begins to discuss with his time line graphics, are the gospels and acts really reliable witnesses? He then mentions the council of Laodice begins to look into what were the reliable witnesses they will rely on, and include. Are these the accounts they are going to include as reliable witnesses? And as the council was 330 years after the events, that's a lot of time, were these indeed reliable witnesses?

At about 26:07 he hits you with that's a lot of time, were these reliable witnesses? As a Sceptic, he never believed these were reliable witnesses. He believed they were written late, well after the events, and therefore were fiction written well after the events in question,

And then so as an investigator, began to examine them circumstantially, very closely so, and he was absolutely blown away with what he found. He also said if you were going to lie about Jesus, you are going to want to do so late, well after the events, and as a sceptic had believed they were fiction, again, written well after the events in question.

And so he began to examine them circumstantially, and was absolutely blown away with what he found. And as he had explained if you were going to lie about Jesus, you were going to want to do so late, so no one around at the actual times involved could challenge you. But he says but that is not what the evidence showed.

And then at about 28 minutes in, after discussing the false criticisms of Bart Ehrman, and how Ehrman accused forgers and liars of manufacturing all of the accounts, and therefore how Jesus became God over time. But Ehrman was wrong.

And again just after about 28 minutes in, he began to slam the hammer down, and demonstrated early dates for them all. He asks in Luke writing Acts, why didn't he mention the destruction of the Temple? It was only the single biggest event of the era ( if one discounts Christianity as a sceptic. ) So why not mention the destruction of the Temple? Jesus even predicted it? So why was Acts, then Luke and the rest of the gospels all silent on the destruction of the Temple? John was written late, but followed the witness of events as reported in the other gospels.

He then goes on to ask why doesn't Acts mention the deaths of James the brother of Jesus, or Peter, or Paul? Acts mentions other deaths? Because Acts and the gospels were all written early. Then he asks why do the gospels contradict each other on minor details? He says that is good, because you want your witnesses to contradict each other on details, so you know a story, like a crime scene, is not manufactured. And like a real crime scene, they really don't contradict each other when you compare the witnesses. You take any two gospel accounts which contradict each other on fine details, to find they merely reported different details each, which make a composite witness account that adds up. Forgeries wouldn't have done that, and couldn[t do that so well, etc.., etc.., etc..,

He then goes on to mention lots of other circumstantial and forensic evidence for early dates, and further authenticity as well, such as location names, and person names as well. The gospels are correctly filled with all kinds of local place names, while the fake gnostic gospels from Egypt, mention Jerusalem, and that's about it, because they didn't know the local place names in Palestine. And likewise the gnostic gospels out of Egypt, get the local Palestinian Jewish names wrong, knowing only names used in Egypt at the time, while the gospels get all of the Jewish names from Palestine at the time correct, etc..,

The video is based on his same cold case Christianity book. The book likewise starts out slow, and a bit boring as well. But when it finally gets into it's evidence for Christianity, wow. So even though it likewise starts out slow, I truly highly recommend the book as well. Once seeing the video, you can skip the early parts of the book, and dig right into the evidence for the truth of Christianity, if you'd like a hard copy of the best evidence as presented in the video lecture.

God Bless

Last edited:

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This Cold Case video on is the Bible reliable, by examining first the gospels with early writings of Paul, to examining forensically why and how the bible is true. This video is brilliant, and I highly recommend it. Please watch it in it's entirety. It starts out slowly, and begins to examine and explain how all forensic evidence and investigations, work. And it explains there are only two types of evidence, direct, and indirect, or circumstantial evidence. And he further in depth explains that circumstantial evidence, without a live witness, or forensic evidence such as DNA, is the best and most reliable evidence. He explains how truly awesome circumstantial evidence is. And the bad reputation circumstantial evidence gets, is only when it is weak and without a lot of evidence. But if you can keep building a case with a lot of good circumstantial evidence, it is then a very strong case indeed.

And it also begins with how he didn't always believe, and with humor says come on, Christianity believes in talking donkeys and talking snakes. And it goes on to explain how police investigations work, etc.., **** But when it finally gets into examining Christianity, from the early date and witnesses from the gospels, etc.., it gets very strong. He and his wife came to believe - And when he finally gets into it, this video transforms into some of the best apologetics you are likely ever to hear. He takes you from doubt, to how his cold case investigations work, and onto becoming a believer, with some of the best evidence for the truth, and early dates forensically and circumstantially for the Bible and Christianity. It does begin slowly, but when it finally hits the proof for Christianity, Wow. He shows by a cumulative circumstantial evidence investigation, or a death by a thousand papercuts against not believing, to how he proves Christianity is true :)

The video is based on his same cold case Christianity book. The book likewise starts out slow, and a bit boring as well. But when it finally gets into it's evidence for Christianity, wow. So even though it likewise starts out slow, I truly highly recommend the book as well. Once seeing the video, you can skip the early parts of the book, and dig right into the evidence for the truth of Christianity, if you'd like a hard copy of the best evidence as presented in the video lecture.

God Bless
There is deception within the bible. All you need to do is read Romans 13. All in all tho it is the spiritual Truths that make it the "living" word.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is deception within the bible. All you need to do is read Romans 13. All in all tho it is the spiritual Truths that make it the "living" word.
There is no deception in the bible- there is a deceiver who deceives and our own fallen nature that is carnal, fleshly that misunderstands the truth. The Bible is the truth based upon the One who is the Truth- Jesus Christ who is both Lord and God. He is the True God and Eternal life- 1 John 5:20 and the Way, the Truth and the Life- John 14:6. His words are Spirit and they are Life- John 6:63. He is the very fountain and source of all life- John 1:4.

hope this helps !!!

Gandalf-

Nov 16, 2022
Marlboro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans, and the Bible has no such deceptions or lies. The Bible is the word of God, and is correct.

But to get back to this video, this cold case detective, and as such, a well trained expert circumstantial evidence investigator, applied all such type of crime scene investigative techniques to the gospels, and their alleged witness accounts, as a sceptic, expecting them to be provable late forgeries, and instead found tons of evidence of their early and authentic witnesses and dates. He really begins his teases and set ups by about 26 minutes in, to set you in the seat of the sceptic he was, to about 28 minutes in to set you up to be blown away with how strongly the forensic and circumstantial evidence all, instead proves the truth and reliability of the Bible.

Gandalf-

Nov 16, 2022
Marlboro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe this video was some of the best apologetics I have ever seen, and got very excited to post it. But what I meant to say was some of the best apologetics I have ever seen on Acts and the Gospels, because as that was it's primary focus, did an awesome Job as such.

However in rushing to post it, I initially hadn't said I meant to say it is the best on Acts, and the Gospels, which are a cornerstone for apologetics, because the Gospels are a primary focus by many, on their attacks on Christianity. I am correct on what it does for the Gospels and Acts, as the critics tear into them a lot, to try and constantly prove them false, because they contain both Miracles, and Great Sermons and Teachings by Christ, which are very powerful witnesses against critics in a very powerful and primary way. So defending the Gospels and Acts, should be very important indeed. They after all did convert and thus help save this criminal investigator, and his wife.

****And to prove the pedigree and and truth of Acts, and the gospels, at about 20 to 26 to 28 minutes in, to build his set ups to make one really question as a sceptic, and thus be prepared to be convinced if the depth of his arguments hold up, and then that about 28 minutes in, and beyond, he begins to slam hard against such criticisms, and more than proves his case.

He demonstrates the truth and integrity of their early dates, by simply asking and examining why doesn't Acts mention the destruction of the Temple? It was the single biggest event of the entire era, ( if one discounts Christianity as a sceptic. ) And if one were to produce Forgeries to thus "manufacture" Christianity, as Bart Ehrman, etc.., accuses, then likewise because Jesus predicted the destruction of the The Temple, then the alleged Forgers, as so charged, would have been all over that, and used the Temples actual destruction to every, and all such advantage!

So why not mention the destruction of the Temple? Any Forgery or work of late date, which a forgery would have been, would have mentioned it, again to bolster the Prediction of it's destruction by Christ? They simply could not have resisted that.

Jesus predicted it, and yet Acts, and none of the gospels mentioned it? ****There was a bloody two year siege against Jerusalem, before the destruction of the Temple, and yet none of that is mentioned? The Romans surrounded Jerusalem to cut it off, and starve the Jews out. Zealots destroyed other fellow Jews grain stockpiles to help starve their enemy Jews out, and yet none of that is mentioned? None of that could have been taken advantage of, by forgers to manufacture even more moral lessons? Acts and the Gospels are replete with almost endless moral lessons, and yet none could have been forged as well to manufacture almost endless lessons as well from mentioning the destruction of the Temple?

The siege, starvation of, and destruction of the Temple, and war against and within Jerusalem were far more significant than one could imagine, and yet Acts and the Gospels are silent on all of this because they were all written early, and thus were all significant eyewitness accounts of the life, ministry, and crucifiction, to resurrection, and Pentecost, and the ascension of Christ back to heaven. And that fact alone, on the destruction of the Temple not being mentioned is thus of primary importance on proving the true pedigree of Acts and the Gospels indeed.

And acts is even silent on the deaths of James the brother of Jesus, Peter, and Paul, etc.., which all occur before the siege and fall of Jerusalem, and the destruction of the Temple, again as Acts and the gospels were written early.

And these line of questionings are some of the best evidence of the reliability of the Gospels and Acts having to be very early, and thus real eyewitness accounts indeed, because the big lies that Bart Ehrman. etc.., posit, would not have been able to resist mentioning the Temple destruction if they were indeed late date forgeries as Ehrman, etc.., try and claim!

Last edited:

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is no deception in the bible- there is a deceiver who deceives and our own fallen nature that is carnal, fleshly that misunderstands the truth. The Bible is the truth based upon the One who is the Truth- Jesus Christ who is both Lord and God. He is the True God and Eternal life- 1 John 5:20 and the Way, the Truth and the Life- John 14:6. His words are Spirit and they are Life- John 6:63. He is the very fountain and source of all life- John 1:4.

hope this helps !!!

I think the bible speaks alot of Truth and is a beautiful book. I dont however blindly believe things that I am told, I use my own conscience and come to a judgment based in morality and Truth. This following script is not Truth and is simply man trying to be God. This is not my opinion or belief, this i know, understand and is actual fact. Anyone who can't see the immorality within this text is delusional or in a state of cognitive dissonance.

Ro 13:1-7: "Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God. So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished. For the authorities do not strike fear in people who are doing right, but in those who are doing wrong. Would you like to live without fear of the authorities? Do what is right, and they will honor you. The authorities are God’s servants, sent for your good. But if you are doing wrong, of course you should be afraid, for they have the power to punish you. They are God’s servants, sent for the very purpose of punishing those who do what is wrong. So you must submit to them, not only to avoid punishment, but also to keep a clear conscience. Pay your taxes, too, for these same reasons. For government workers need to be paid. They are serving God in what they do. Give to everyone what you owe them: Pay your taxes and government fees to those who collect them, and give respect and honor to those who are in authority."

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is a pretty wild false accusation against the Bible. "Deception" within the Word of God? Sounds like a minion of Satan trying to deceive Christians. What did you find in Romans 13 that is deceptive?

I think the bible speaks alot of Truth and is a beautiful book. I dont however blindly believe things that I am told, I use my own conscience and come to a judgment based in morality and Truth. This following script is not Truth and is simply man trying to be God. This is not my opinion or belief, this i know, understand and is actual fact. Anyone who can't see the immorality within this text is delusional or in a state of cognitive dissonance.

Ro 13:1-7: "Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God. So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished. For the authorities do not strike fear in people who are doing right, but in those who are doing wrong. Would you like to live without fear of the authorities? Do what is right, and they will honor you. The authorities are God’s servants, sent for your good. But if you are doing wrong, of course you should be afraid, for they have the power to punish you. They are God’s servants, sent for the very purpose of punishing those who do what is wrong. So you must submit to them, not only to avoid punishment, but also to keep a clear conscience. Pay your taxes, too, for these same reasons. For government workers need to be paid. They are serving God in what they do. Give to everyone what you owe them: Pay your taxes and government fees to those who collect them, and give respect and honor to those who are in authority."

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Can you prove Roman’s 13 is a lie and deceptive?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Anyone who can't see the immorality within this text is delusional or in a state of cognitive dissonance.
What exactly is immoral about justice? Justice means giving criminals the just punishment that they deserve. Especially those who commit heinous crimes. The death penalty is a just penalty for those who murder and commit other heinous crimes.

Reactions: Gandalf-

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What exactly is immoral about justice? Justice means giving criminals the just punishment that they deserve. Especially those who commit heinous crimes. The death penalty is a just penalty for those who murder and commit other heinous crimes.
Justice is in alignment with Truth and morality. Tax and external controle such as governments and institutions will always be immoral. Tax is theft.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No that is simply man claiming to be God. Man put it in the bible so they could controle and steal from the population more easily. Tax is and always will be theft.
It is quite clear that you DO NOT believe that the Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God, written by men, but under the direct control of God. So any further discussion will be a sheer waste of time.

Reactions: Nancy and Gandalf-

Gandalf-

Nov 16, 2022
Marlboro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet it is God who authorizes governments to administer justice.
The good that Government can also supply can include the wrath of God, when he abandons a nation under judicial abandonment, as per Romans as well, so the saved may become martyred under that system, but at the same time the wrath gives an opportunity for the lost to possibly repent under that pressure, so again, even a bad government can be good to provide that pressure. Romans is believed to be Paul's 5th epistle, but whichever, it was definitely written under the government of Nero, which Christians were not only given no rights whatsoever, but Nero likewise targeted them as scapegoats for his crimes, and often martyred them in horrific ways. and so it was their calling / job, to allow themselves to be martyred, so that Nero and his executioners of no justice at all, simply bore more evil fruit, as further evidence condemning them. Men bear either good fruit thru faith, or bad fruit as further proof that they refuse to repent, and simply further condemning themselves with that said further proof. .......Government is neutral in this, as a test for faithfulness, to allow us to bear our good fruit, whether a government is good, or bad, or to be there to provide the wrath that particular nation needs, which may lead some to repentance and faith.

The individual above is highly questionable, and acts like some kind of anarchist? I have noidea what he's thinking, but he is 100% wrong. Taxes are not theft. Taxes are how a government pays for itself, to likewise provide for the needs of it's populations. taxes can be theft, if it is a bad and truly corrupt government indeed, but taxes are not theft, simply because they are taxes. And the fact that he thinks all taxes are theft, and Romans 13:1-7 are corrupt verses as well, all show his thinking is 100% flawed. I have no idea what he believes? Other than it's nuts, whatever it is he does believe in the end. He posts as if he is an anarchist of some sort to believe all taxes are bad, all of the time.

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The good that Government can also supply can include the wrath of God, when he abandons a nation under judicial abandonment, as per Romans as well, so the saved may become martyred under that system, but at the same time the wrath gives an opportunity for the lost to possibly repent under that pressure, so again, even a bad government can be good to provide that pressure. Romans is believed to be Paul's 5th epistle, but whichever, it was definitely written under the government of Nero, which Christians were not only given no rights whatsoever, but Nero likewise targeted them as scapegoats for his crimes, and often martyred them in horrific ways. and so it was their calling / job, to allow themselves to be martyred, so that Nero and his executioners of no justice at all, simply bore more evil fruit, as further evidence condemning them. Men bear either good fruit thru faith, or bad fruit as further proof that they refuse to repent, and simply further condemning themselves with that said further proof. .......Government is neutral in this, as a test for faithfulness, to allow us to bear our good fruit, whether a government is good, or bad, or to be there to provide the wrath that particular nation needs, which may lead some to repentance and faith.

The individual above is highly questionable, and acts like some kind of anarchist? I have noidea what he's thinking, but he is 100% wrong. Taxes are not theft. Taxes are how a government pays for itself, to likewise provide for the needs of it's populations. taxes can be theft, if it is a bad and truly corrupt government indeed, but taxes are not theft, simply because they are taxes. And the fact that he thinks all taxes are theft, and Romans 13:1-7 are corrupt verses as well, all show his thinking is 100% flawed. I have no idea what he believes? Other than it's nuts, whatever it is he does believe in the end. He posts as if he is an anarchist of some sort to believe all taxes are bad, all of the time.
Government is an institution. Institution is controle. Controle is based in fear and is ultimately the opposite of freedom. True Christianity has no part in government and the belief in slavery. And all government is, is a belief system it is not Truth. If you believe in external rulership of man you believe in slavery. This is not an opinion, this is sheer fact and Truth. Man made law and government waver from state to state. Truth does not waver. Government causes harm to those that do not comply within its control, this is technically a cult. A belief system that causes harm to the individual and those around them. Its all based in hierarchical compartmentalization. What happend to God making us all equal? What happend to freedom? What happend to Truth and our rights? External rulership of man is complete fallacy and does not at all comply with Truth. We are Sovereign beings that rule the self in accordance to Truth and the will of God.

Jesus did not conform to the religious leaders or the Roman government so the Roman government killed Jesus! The roman police literally put Jesus on the cross! Bloody hell, how much more obvious does it need to get.

Last edited:

Gandalf-

Nov 16, 2022
Marlboro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Government is an institution. Institution is controle. Controle is based in fear and is ultimately the opposite of freedom. True Christianity has no part in government and the belief in slavery. And all government is, is a belief system it is not Truth. If you believe in external rulership of man you believe in slavery. This is not an opinion, this is sheer fact and Truth. Man made law and government waver from state to state. Truth does not waver. Government causes harm to those that do not comply within its control, this is technically a cult. A belief system that causes harm to the individual and those around them. Its all based in hierarchical compartmentalization. What happend to God making us all equal? What happend to freedom? What happend to Truth and our rights? External rulership of man is complete fallacy and does not at all comply with Truth. We are Sovereign beings that rule the self in accordance to Truth and the will of God.

Jesus did not conform to the religious leaders or the Roman government so the Roman government killed Jesus! The roman police literally put Jesus on the cross! Bloody hell, how much more obvious does it need to get.
You Are 100% Barking Moonbat Crazy!!!! No One Listens To Your Barking Moonbat Nonsense, And I Mean No One!!!! And I Seriously Doubt Anyone Here Even Buys You Are A Real Christian At All. And You Trip Yourself On Your Nonsensical Lies All Of The Time - Including The Fact You Deny, In Which We Are All Slaves - 100% Of The Human Race Are Either Slaves To Sin, Or Voluntary Slaves To Christ.

People Like You Come To Sites Like This Show Up To Pretend To Be Christian, Only To Try And Discredit Christianity. And That Is All You Do, Is To Show Up As A Fake, To Try And Discredit Christianity!!!! You Are Obvious, Everyone Sees It, And No One Buys Your Nonsense!!!!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Are you a sovereign citizen?

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you a sovereign citizen?

We are all sovereign weather we like it or not. No one can "make" anyone do anything. Like the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink. Sovereinty is enherent in nature and is a core aspect of spiritually and the bible. Controle is an "illusion" and the belief that we have the right to controle people or be controlled is a belief and only ever will be a belief because it never has and never will be based in Truth.

Have I "owned" my sovereignty? Yes. Have I aligned myself with Truth and morality? Yes, to the best of my ability. As we are sovereign by nature, the law of God states we are free.

To own ourselves means we also own our own behaviours. With great power comes great responsibility. If we pass blame, we pass the illusion of controle at a spiritual level.

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I
You Are 100% Barking Moonbat Crazy!!!! No One Listens To Your Barking Moonbat Nonsense, And I Mean No One!!!! And I Seriously Doubt Anyone Here Even Buys You Are A Real Christian At All. And You Trip Yourself On Your Nonsensical Lies All Of The Time - Including The Fact You Deny, In Which We Are All Slaves - 100% Of The Human Race Are Either Slaves To Sin, Or Voluntary Slaves To Christ.

People Like You Come To Sites Like This Show Up To Pretend To Be Christian, Only To Try And Discredit Christianity. And That Is All You Do, Is To Show Up As A Fake, To Try And Discredit Christianity!!!! You Are Obvious, Everyone Sees It, And No One Buys Your Nonsense!!!!
Its funny because the institution of Christianity demonised magic and wizards a long time ago. Its still considered evil today yet you call yourself Gandalf and have a picture of a wizard for you display picture. Do you comply by the institution of man or by god? Or do you just choose what is "right" and "wrong"? It's seems as tho to me you are in a state of duality and moral relativism.

Your at the age of 61 yet you speak in capital letters and in a childish/attention seeking manner. Wake up to yourself.

Last edited: