Questions for an atheist

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
marksman said:
In the book "The Death of Evolution" by Jim Black Ph.D he says that a Dr. Roger Penrose, a British mathematician did a study of the probability of the universe being able to sustain life occurring by chance
Still promoting that same falsehood, eh? Sad.

JimParker

Mar 31, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Mr.Bride said:
Peace and blessings unto you all

I just want to know what you all think are some good questions to ask an atheist. Or statements or verses that will get them to thinking. Also what is the best approach?
The best approach is to love the atheist as Christ does.

Reactions: DogLady19

DogLady19

Apr 15, 2015
JimParker said:
The best approach is to love the atheist as Christ does.
And love the atheist as we love ourselves... :wub:

Give them the Truth, and let the Holy Spirit do His job...

JimParker

Mar 31, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
River Jordan said:
If you're talking about this site...

https://creationsciencestudy.wordpress.com/2014/06/10/clever-questions-atheists-cant-answer/

...then the reason people aren't answering them is because the questions are so ridiculous.
You're right. Those questions are definitely ridiculous.
marksman said:
I don't know. It was one of the 15 that atheists can't answer.
Are you referring to these?

Clever questions atheists can’t answer!
1. If creationists can’t do science, then why do Kent Hovind and Duane T. Gish, who are creation scientists, have professional degrees in science?

Acquiring a degree in science and being able to "do" science are two different things. Red Herring Fallacy**

2. If dinosaurs turned into birds, why are we not afraid of them?

Because most birds are not big enough to be a threat to anyone.
That question confuses what birds now are with what dinosaurs once were. Red Herring Fallacy

3. If homosexuality is right, then how come two people of the same sex not produce a child?

Being "right", as defined by the LGBT community,has nothing to do with conceiving and bearing children. Red Herring Fallacy

4. What purpose do we have if evolution is real?

That question is based on the false premise that creation is necessary for anyone to have purpose in his life.

5. You say Jesus never existed, but have you heard of the Shroud of Turin?

Since there is a great deal of disagreement as to the authenticity of the Shroud among both scientific and religious communities, it is not useful as a proof.

6. Why do we not see humans being born in the zoos from monkeys if we came from monkeys?

Red Herring Fallacy: No evolutionist has ever suggested that any monkey has ever given birth to a human being. Evolution proposes gradual changes over very long periods of time.

If these are the questions that are supposed to "stump" atheists, they are mislabeled. These are more appropriately identified as questions which might be asked by someone who is as intelligent as a stump. :(

I hope that no one openly professing to be a Christian embarrasses himself by posing these questions out loud in public. (But I bet it's too late.)

**[SIZE=10pt] Fallacy: Red Herring[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]A Red Herring is a fallacy in which an irrelevant topic is presented in order to divert attention from the original issue. The basic idea is to "win" an argument by leading attention away from the argument and to another topic. This sort of "reasoning" has the following form:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt] 1. Topic A is under discussion. (Did birds evolve from dinosaurs?)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt] 2. Topic B is introduced under the guise of being relevant to topic A (when topic B is actually not relevant to topic A). [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt] (Since dinosaurs are scary,[at least in the movies] shouldn't we be afraid of birds too? Topic B is "fear of birds.")[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt] 3. Topic A is abandoned.[/SIZE]( Some birds are dangerous, like ostriches.)

Reactions: DogLady19

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thing I hate is when atheists discover that I do not share the rigid thinking and literal exegesis of Fundamentalists, and decide that I am not really a Christian because I am far too reasonable.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you research the history of some of the more prominent Atheist, now and in history, you'll see there was a traumatic event in their early childhood. This of course caused them to turn their back on God. Note... turn their back, They didn't suddenly decide their was no God. Otherwise what would they care? They are all about selfishness. If they are a true Atheist they wouldn't campaign against God. They simply wouldn't care. So, then who or what are they really angry at? Its not a campaign to disprove God, its a campaign to turn others away from God.

They know He exists. They wont admit it. And, they have yet to disprove He exists. :)

BA

PS, Aspen, miss ya brother..

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Born_Again said:
If you research the history of some of the more prominent Atheist, now and in history, you'll see there was a traumatic event in their early childhood. This of course caused them to turn their back on God. Note... turn their back, They didn't suddenly decide their was no God. Otherwise what would they care? They are all about selfishness. If they are a true Atheist they wouldn't campaign against God. They simply wouldn't care. So, then who or what are they really angry at? Its not a campaign to disprove God, its a campaign to turn others away from God.

They know He exists. They wont admit it. And, they have yet to disprove He exists. :)

BA

PS, Aspen, miss ya brother..
​Of course the one big mistake atheist evolutionists make in discussing evolution is to bring God into it. When you do that you make it a philosophical discussion and science has nothing at all to do with it.