Raising Children According to the Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jennifer Rogers

Mar 10, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible not only teaches us about the good and bad things in this world but also gives us practical principles of parenting. From there, it is effective, and suitable for all cultures, at all times. So what does the Bible teach us about raising children? Please join me to learn more about this topic.

RvBhkqa.png

God's Word says, "Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but raise them up with discipline and counsel to the children of the Lord" (Ephesians 6:4). According to this teaching, parents must follow God's example in the how-to guide and teach their children, but how does God discipline and admonish God's people? The Bible says: “My son, do not give in to the discipline of the Lord, and when the Lord rebukes you, do not be discouraged; For the Lord disciplines those he loves, and whoever he adopts as his son scourges. Visbangwf you receive discipline, it is God who treats you like children, for what is a son whose father does not discipline?" (Hebrews 12:5-7). Because he loves us, when we disobey God's word, do wrong things, and bring danger to ourselves, God must punish us because He loves us like children. Therefore, the basic principle of the Bible in raising children is this: Parents must correct when their children make mistakes in order to guide them in becoming human beings, we should apply discipline in moderation and apply discipline out of love, not out of love. be angry or hate the child.

Discipline your children consistently: that is, applying a principle, a standard, unchanged, without sudden, unexpected corrections, or erratic corrections, now and then another way. There are many parents who correct their children according to their feelings or emotions when their children make mistakes. Children may make the same mistakes, but the parent's discipline is different from time to time. If parents are happy and mentally comfortable, children will not be scolded or beaten much. On the contrary, if a child commits the same mistake but at this moment the parents are angry, tired, or mentally stressed, the child will be severely disciplined. Such punishment will cause contradictions in children's minds and make them confused, not knowing what is a serious mistake and which is a minor error. There are parents who know that they should discipline their children consistently, but when they are mentally stressed or angry and their children commit a mistake, even a small mistake, they cannot control themselves and make decisions intend to penalize mistakes, even if it is a small mistake. There are also parents who, when guests come to the house or in front of their children's friends, do destructive things but the parents still leave it alone, do not dare to discipline, are afraid of being known as strict, is that also applying discipline? So it leads to the children relying on the weakness of their parents to mess around. Therefore, parents need to be consistent in teaching their children so that they realize the weight of the mistakes they make.

The Bible tells us that children are a God-given reward (Psalm 127:3). Surely, then, it is right to heed Solomon's wise counsel to properly teach them. Indeed, the value God placed on teaching his children the truth was clearly articulated by Moses. He also emphasized to God’s people the importance of teaching them about Jehovah, his commandments, and his laws: “Teach this to your children with kindness and talking about, or when you sit in your house, or when you walk in the street, or when you lie down, or when you get up. Tie it on your hand as a sign of favor, and it shall be between your eyes like a seal; write them also on the pillars of your house and on your doors” (Deuteronomy 6:7-9). Moses' carefulness underscores his deep concern that future generations must continue to obey God's laws to ensure that they "dwell in peace in the land" (Leviticus 1:16). 25:18), that all would be “well” for them (Deuteronomy 12:28), and that He would bless them in the land (Deuteronomy 30:16).

The Bible clearly shows that teaching children to know and obey God is the basis for pleasing Him and living victoriously in His grace. Knowing God and His truth begins with the child's recognition of sin and the need for a Savior. Even very young children know that they are not perfect and can understand that they need forgiveness. Loving parents will set an example to see a loving God who not only forgives but also provides the perfect sin offering in Christ Jesus.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Bible not only teaches us about the good and bad things in this world but also gives us practical principles of parenting. From there, it is effective, and suitable for all cultures, at all times. So what does the Bible teach us about raising children? Please join me to learn more about this topic.

RvBhkqa.png

God's Word says, "Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but raise them up with discipline and counsel to the children of the Lord" (Ephesians 6:4). According to this teaching, parents must follow God's example in the how-to guide and teach their children, but how does God discipline and admonish God's people? The Bible says: “My son, do not give in to the discipline of the Lord, and when the Lord rebukes you, do not be discouraged; For the Lord disciplines those he loves, and whoever he adopts as his son scourges. Visbangwf you receive discipline, it is God who treats you like children, for what is a son whose father does not discipline?" (Hebrews 12:5-7). Because he loves us, when we disobey God's word, do wrong things, and bring danger to ourselves, God must punish us because He loves us like children. Therefore, the basic principle of the Bible in raising children is this: Parents must correct when their children make mistakes in order to guide them in becoming human beings, we should apply discipline in moderation and apply discipline out of love, not out of love. be angry or hate the child.

Discipline your children consistently: that is, applying a principle, a standard, unchanged, without sudden, unexpected corrections, or erratic corrections, now and then another way. There are many parents who correct their children according to their feelings or emotions when their children make mistakes. Children may make the same mistakes, but the parent's discipline is different from time to time. If parents are happy and mentally comfortable, children will not be scolded or beaten much. On the contrary, if a child commits the same mistake but at this moment the parents are angry, tired, or mentally stressed, the child will be severely disciplined. Such punishment will cause contradictions in children's minds and make them confused, not knowing what is a serious mistake and which is a minor error. There are parents who know that they should discipline their children consistently, but when they are mentally stressed or angry and their children commit a mistake, even a small mistake, they cannot control themselves and make decisions intend to penalize mistakes, even if it is a small mistake. There are also parents who, when guests come to the house or in front of their children's friends, do destructive things but the parents still leave it alone, do not dare to discipline, are afraid of being known as strict, is that also applying discipline? So it leads to the children relying on the weakness of their parents to mess around. Therefore, parents need to be consistent in teaching their children so that they realize the weight of the mistakes they make.

The Bible tells us that children are a God-given reward (Psalm 127:3). Surely, then, it is right to heed Solomon's wise counsel to properly teach them. Indeed, the value God placed on teaching his children the truth was clearly articulated by Moses. He also emphasized to God’s people the importance of teaching them about Jehovah, his commandments, and his laws: “Teach this to your children with kindness and talking about, or when you sit in your house, or when you walk in the street, or when you lie down, or when you get up. Tie it on your hand as a sign of favor, and it shall be between your eyes like a seal; write them also on the pillars of your house and on your doors” (Deuteronomy 6:7-9). Moses' carefulness underscores his deep concern that future generations must continue to obey God's laws to ensure that they "dwell in peace in the land" (Leviticus 1:16). 25:18), that all would be “well” for them (Deuteronomy 12:28), and that He would bless them in the land (Deuteronomy 30:16).

The Bible clearly shows that teaching children to know and obey God is the basis for pleasing Him and living victoriously in His grace. Knowing God and His truth begins with the child's recognition of sin and the need for a Savior. Even very young children know that they are not perfect and can understand that they need forgiveness. Loving parents will set an example to see a loving God who not only forgives but also provides the perfect sin offering in Christ Jesus.

Wow! You seemed to be completely consumed with discipline!

As I look back over my 80 years, and see my grandchildren all consumed and sparkling with love and dedication to God, I am reminded of that verse that says that the sins of the fathers will be passed onto the third and fourth generation. But conversely, the faith of the fathers is also passed on to the third and forth generation.

I recently received a call from my 13 year old granddaughter with some questions about the book of Revelation. I was astounded by her knowledge of the book. She had the entire book almost committed to memory, and her understanding better than many theologians I talk to.

How did this happen? Yes, I was a tiny part of it, but there were such an important part of shaping who she is today. She grew up in an environment that she wanted to be a major part of her life. As for discipline, she has a fervent desire to please God in every aspect of her life.

The most important criteria for raising children is providing them a loving environment in which they desire to continue in above anything else.

Reactions: Jennifer Rogers

Jennifer Rogers

Mar 10, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow! You seemed to be completely consumed with discipline!

As I look back over my 80 years, and see my grandchildren all consumed and sparkling with love and dedication to God, I am reminded of that verse that says that the sins of the fathers will be passed onto the third and fourth generation. But conversely, the faith of the fathers is also passed on to the third and forth generation.

I recently received a call from my 13 year old granddaughter with some questions about the book of Revelation. I was astounded by her knowledge of the book. She had the entire book almost committed to memory, and her understanding better than many theologians I talk to.

How did this happen? Yes, I was a tiny part of it, but there were such an important part of shaping who she is today. She grew up in an environment that she wanted to be a major part of her life. As for discipline, she has a fervent desire to please God in every aspect of her life.

The most important criteria for raising children is providing them a loving environment in which they desire to continue in above anything else.
Discipline is of course not a good way, which is why we need to teach children to turn to God from an early age. They will learn many things from God and then they will not go down the wrong path. And they will stay away from being disciplined.