Rapture and Revival

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"How fine the manners are in this barbaric country, how beautiful the view of the city!" Petrarch of Cologne

During my grandparents days revivals would go on for weeks and into the wee hours of the morning. These people were truely filled with the Holy Spirit, worked hard Mo-Fr, went to town on Saturday (all dressed up), and went to church on Su. My granny use to tell me that my Grandfather would come home from revival around 3 AM and would have no trouble getting up at 6 AM for work. The Holy Ghost was in these people hearts like burning embers in a great furnace and they daily looked for their Lord and savior Jesus Christ. Show me a people that have their people ready for Jesus to return at any time and at any moment and I will show you a decent people... Shining with the light of Jesus Christ and of the Holy Spirit. Our community was a coal mining community and our family ancestors were a German people who helped fight the revolutionary war. During one service the preacher was preaching on the rapture of the church and a visitor got up and ran out of the church. My granny said they never saw the likes of that man again! They loved one another and lived that crazy love type life Francis Chan talked about. If you want revival in your church begin with preparing them for the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ.Tell them, alright yawl, Jesus is coming at any moment and on any day. And have people start living that way and begin praying for a revival... It is really not that far away! Moving to VA as a teenager was like entering in a time capsule. I am thankful I viewed the beauty of that life!

Scripture accompanying this post....

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ - Titus 2:13

Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. - 2 Timothy 4:8

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, - 1 Peter 1:3

Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh. - Matthew 25:13

Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. - Luke 12:40

For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.- 1 Thessalonians 5:2

But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.- 1 Thessalonians 5:4

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. - 2 Peter 3:10

If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee. - Revelation 3:3

Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. - Revelation 15:3

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Rockytopva, I am a fan of yours, but I must ask, does this board need yet another Rapture thread?

Could the comments you made here not have been included in an existing thread?

Just a thought.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Rockytopva, I am a fan of yours, but I must ask, does this board need yet another Rapture thread?

Just a thought.

They have been, look at post #65 in:
http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/14177-why-i-am-leaving-this-forum/page__pid__114392__st__50#entry114392

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Just a thought.

Lets drop the word rapture for a moment...

Sir! My generation unfortunately did not take up the virtues of the former generation of Virginians. My generation is very wild. I go to work and its like viewing a 'Girls Gone Wild' video. When I see the Casey Anderson case on the internet I see the same type people I work with... Wild and in the flesh... A million miles from the anointing of the Spirit of God. When I ready yours and TomWatsons posts it is in my view encouraging this lifestyle. People without the hope of Jesus soon return typically live wild and loose lifestyles. To being a revival we must bring back the doctrine of the rapture as happening at any moment or at anytime...

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006

Sir! My generation unfortunately did not take up the virtues of the former generation of Virginians. My generation is very wild. I go to work and its like viewing a 'Girls Gone Wild' video. When I see the Casey Anderson case on the internet I see the same type people I work with... Wild and in the flesh... A million miles from the anointing of the Spirit of God. When I ready yours and TomWatsons posts it is in my view encouraging this lifestyle. People without the hope of Jesus soon return typically live wild and loose lifestyles. To being a revival we must bring back the doctrine of the rapture as happening at any moment or at anytime...

But a very short while :rolleyes:

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010

-- I understand exactly where you are coming from.
My point was simply that since this is indeed another Rapture thread and there are already a number of them on this board, it may have been better to simply add to an existing one.

As I said, it was just a thought.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. - Revelation 3:16

I heard a Pentecostal preacher say that when God looks down on this Laodicean church age that he does so with a bucket by his side... So he will have something to regurgitate in.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. - Revelation 3:16

I heard a Pentecostal preacher say that when God looks down on this Laodicean church age that he does so with a bucket by his side... So he will have something to regurgitate in.

-- Care to share - specifically, please - what that has to do with what I am saying?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-- Care to share - specifically, please - what that has to do with what I am saying?

And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. - 1 John 3: 2, 3

The expectation of Jesus Christ to come at any time and at any moment is spiritual health... That is why I defend it.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
The expectation of Jesus Christ to come at any time and at any moment is spiritual health... That is why I defend it.

-- You could have made the same defense on any one of the other Rapture theads on this board.

Have a nice day.

avoice

May 17, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[sup]James 1:26
[/sup]
James 1:26 If you think you are being religious, but can't control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and everything you do is useless.

1:27 Religion that pleases God the Father must be pure and spotless.
You must help needy orphans and widows
and not let this world make you evil.

This is the only religion mentioned in the entire word of God
sorry to say your seemly one doctrine religon of Rapture any moment isnt listed

If you truly belive he will be here any moment than instead of worrying about what others are doing and
revials of your grandparents are you practicing the above ?

Christainity is a way of life not just a religion you seem to be hung up on religion alone
Religion can lead one to God but once there ..theres only one religion in Gods eyes the above verse's explain it

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Lot of the old tent revivals of the 19th century, or camp meetings is how some of the televangelists came about, like Oral Roberts. That should be seen as a different working than Church revival to try to renew many in the Faith. Church revival isn't about the pre-trib rapture doctrine, although that doctrine was one of the main courses served up in the old tent camp revivals. That's two distinct and separate workings.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Just a thought.

I entirely agree with Foreigner's opinion. Another rapture thread is about as needful as a root canal.

It seems that if the rapture cultists cannot persuade by logic, they intend to do so by boring everyone to death with constant iterations of their absurd fantasy and all the presumptions that go with it.

"that those who then rise again shall enjoy the leisure of immoderate carnal banquets, furnished with an amount of meat and drink such as not only to shock the feeling of the temperate, but even to surpass the measure of credulity itself." Such ideas were believeable "only by the carnal".
- Augustine

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I entirely agree with Foreigner's opinion. Another rapture thread is about as needful as a root canal.

It seems that if the rapture cultists cannot persuade by logic, they intend to do so by boring everyone to death with constant iterations of their absurd fantasy and all the presumptions that go with it.

"that those who then rise again shall enjoy the leisure of immoderate carnal banquets, furnished with an amount of meat and drink such as not only to shock the feeling of the temperate, but even to surpass the measure of credulity itself." Such ideas were believeable "only by the carnal".
- Augustine

There is no such thing as a 'rapture cultist.' The doctrine of the rapture has been taught in a wide variety of denominations from the Baptist to the Pentecostal. The scripture emphasizes here that we watch and wait. What harm is it to believe in the rapture in that you are daily keeping your self pure and holy in the sight of God?