Re: 666

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Thank you for your personal opinion. Allow me - as well as millions of other Christians in the US and across the world - to disagree based on the scripture itself.

Paul

Aug 19, 2006
Thank you for your personal opinion. Allow me - as well as millions of other Christians in the US and across the world - to disagree based on the scripture itself.

You are allowed to interpret Scripture as you want, I see it differently. I know which road the majority is on and I know where that road leads.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
You have an opinion of "where that road leads" and I understand that. I do have one question, though.

In Rev. 13:16-17 it states, " And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name." - KJV

You state that means, " that mark is inside your forehead, ie your brain. Most people are all ready worshipping at the feet of the beast and that is what he wants."

You speak of the forehead meaning the brain, but you leave out the mark possibly being on the right hand. Why is that?

Or, if that question isn't to your liking, perhaps you could explain how the beast will do a 'verification of worship' at the time a person does buying or selling.

Paul

Aug 19, 2006
You have an opinion of "where that road leads" and I understand that. I do have one question, though.

In Rev. 13:16-17 it states, " And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name." - KJV

You state that means, " that mark is inside your forehead, ie your brain. Most people are all ready worshipping at the feet of the beast and that is what he wants."

You speak of the forehead meaning the brain, but you leave out the mark possibly being on the right hand. Why is that?

Or, if that question isn't to your liking, perhaps you could explain how the beast will do a 'verification of worship' at the time a person does buying or selling.

What do you do with your hands, work maybe. "Some are all ready doing his work. You do as you wish.

added:
Sometimes one has to think a little bit.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
the best teachers are those who are open to correction).

The Holy Spirit is the best teacher. Does He need to be open to your correction or do you need to be open to His correction?
Is the Holy Spirit ever wrong about anything at all?

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Skyangel, I am always open to correction. Because of that initial believes that were incorrect have been put on the correct path more than once.

I used to blindly put stock into the what Paul is eluding to - until I actually prayed about it and took time to study it. It then quickly fell apart.
Notice Paul never bothers to defend it, instead giving cryptic answers that are not supported. It would seem that's because the position itself cannot be defended.

But let's say I am wrong. What an awesome opportunity for him to lay out an actual argument (instead of his current deflective dodges) and show that I am wrong.

Paul

Aug 19, 2006
Skyangel, I am always open to correction. Because of that initial believes that were incorrect have been put on the correct path more than once.

I used to blindly put stock into the what Paul is eluding to - until I actually prayed about it and took time to study it. It then quickly fell apart.
Notice Paul never bothers to defend it, instead giving cryptic answers that are not supported. It would seem that's because the position itself cannot be defended.

But let's say I am wrong. What an awesome opportunity for him to lay out an actual argument (instead of his current deflective dodges) and show that I am wrong.

You wouldn’t believe me if I showed you. I will let you find out for yourself. Maybe it will not be to late, maybe it will. Pray that your eyes be opened.

The wide road leads to destruction:
Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth

Paul

Aug 19, 2006
Ive been away for a bit, dont remember you being active before but someone else used to answer a lot of questions like this.

Well, I just think if people are interested they need to read and sort out the information themselves. All of the answers are in Scripture. We have been told, "behold, I have foretold you all things."

JarBreaker

Apr 6, 2010
evon has no idea what he/she is talking about and might have been trying to make a joke.

By the time the 666 is here most will have worshipped the 594.

Since I felt my last post was accusatory for no good reason ill give you a chance to address this.

You and JerryJohnson are the only people ive EVER anywhere seen speak of this. He makes a post that he is leaving and then Paul starts posting. You both give ambiguous answers to questions which arent always argumentative.

You wouldn’t believe me if I showed you. I will let you find out for yourself. Maybe it will not be to late, maybe it will. Pray that your eyes be opened.

TERRIBLE answer for anyone to give ... much more so for anyone who has accepted a position to look over the website.

How is this showing concern for someone you obviously dont believe has answers for a very important subject ?

Reactions: forgivenWretch

JarBreaker

Apr 6, 2010
Well, I just think if people are interested they need to read and sort out the information themselves. All of the answers are in Scripture. We have been told, "behold, I have foretold you all things."

Ive read and read and read and never came across anything about "the 594"

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
You are allowed to interpret Scripture as you want, I see it differently. I know which road the majority is on and I know where that road leads.

-- I always enjoy those people who imply that an opinion held by a majority of Christians is wrong and they are right, but they do not have the ability to justify or explain their position.
Especially when they say, as you have in another post, that they simply "wouldn't believe it."

Perhaps there is a reason for that :)

JarBreaker

Apr 6, 2010
Especially when they say, as you have in another post, that they simply "wouldn't believe it."

Anyone that has seen me on this board knows I often dont agree with majority christian opinion either ... but this "read it for yourself, you wouldnt believe me if I told you" is getting old and seems to be his go-to fallback.

I enjoyed his posts better when he just came in and said HOGWASH and left it at that

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Jarbreaker, you are also willing to support your position or explain why you feel another person's position is incorrect.

Paul's responses appear to be designed to cover for a lack of substance.

Jonathan

Aug 3, 2010
North Carolina
it would be more helpful just to tell us what "594" is than tell us to read scripture and find it for ourselves.

what if we cannot find it? why not at least give chapter and verse?

Paul

Aug 19, 2006
-- I always enjoy those people who imply that an opinion held by a majority of Christians is wrong and they are right, but they do not have the ability to justify or explain their position.

Perhaps there is a reason for that :)

Yes there is a reason, those that are meant to know have discovered what I am talking about. Others will find out when it's the right time.

You also seem to have forgotten that their is a wide road and there is a narrow road.

Jonathan

Aug 3, 2010
North Carolina
Yes there is a reason, those that are meant to know have discovered what I am talking about. Others will find out when it's the right time.

You also seem to have forgotten that their is a wide road and there is a narrow road.

those who are to know is everyone. did not Jesus give the parable "no man, when he has lit a candle; covers it with a vessel, or puts it under a bed; but set it on a candlestick that they which enter in may see the light.

is it not against God for the mature in faith who understands to confuse and trip up those young in faith?

it is unfruitful to tell us one thing but then blame us for asking what you mean.
be good to your brothers and sisters in Christ and explain what you say, and not hinder us.
it is better to not have mentioned it than say and not be willing to explain.