Re: 666

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

butxifxnot

Sep 22, 2007
So the first thing I notice upon coming here is a Bible Study-type thread poster by Hammerstone. It talks a lot about the symbols, and much of that post is pretty good conjecture, I'd say.

But not once does it give an answer.
So what's 666 mean, guys?

Oh, and just to weed out the yokels (sorry!) who haven't ever put deep thought into it, here's a pop quiz: is the number 6-6-6 or six hundred sixty six?
Highlight below for the answer. V
It's six hundred sixty six. Anyone who says the number is "six six six" is probably wrong about what they're saying, because they're operating on a false assumption.

I look forward to the responses. I've got my own ideas based on my understanding of the Word, but I'll leave that be for now.
Of course, those who read the Bible Study post also beg the question "Who/what is the beast?"
But that's a discussion for another thread. :)

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
I think this "mark" will be some form of technology. And I'm not thinking RFID. There is other technology that is almost "skin-like" that most folks are unaware of. Anyway, I'm still confident that anyone willfully accepting this mark will fully understand that they are pledging their allegiance to the lawless one.

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
So the first thing I notice upon coming here is a Bible Study-type thread poster by Hammerstone. It talks a lot about the symbols, and much of that post is pretty good conjecture, I'd say.

Oh, and just to weed out the yokels (sorry!) who haven't ever put deep thought into it, here's a pop quiz: is the number 6-6-6 or six hundred sixty six?
It's six hundred sixty six. Anyone who says the number is "six six six" is probably wrong about what they're saying, because they're operating on a false assumption.

I look forward to the responses. I've got my own ideas based on my understanding of the Word, but I'll leave that be for now.
Of course, those who read the Bible Study post also beg the question "Who/what is the beast?"

Actually the 594 is more important to understand.

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009

The number is six hundred sixty six.

It is the number of a man.

Revealtion 13
18Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

A score = 20 so threescore =60

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
6th Trump, 6th Seal, 6th Vial(Bowl)

The answer is given in the study, it just tends not to line up with the doctrines of men looking for a man wearing red with a pitchfork and RFID scanner in hand.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
The number is six hundred sixty six.

It is the number of a man.

Revealtion 13
18Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

A score = 20 so threescore =60

right and you are told who this man is by his given name read for yourself if you go to Isa.14.16
Isa 14:16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, [and] consider thee, [saying, Is] this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

Now who is this man I suggest you start with Isa. 14:12 it tells you his very name ...Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! [how] art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Lucifer which means day or morning star ..Now read Rev.9:1-2 notice this star ..this morning star is a him and he is given a key
Now that should put you on the right track now reread Hammerstones study ..

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
right and you are told who this man is by his given name read for yourself if you go to Isa.14.16
Isa 14:16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, [and] consider thee, [saying, Is] this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

What I've always gotten from that passage is that when we finally get to see satan, we're going to be so surprised what this character looks like and that he could have been the author of so much. What I mean is that we all have an embedded image of what this character looks like and probably how big and bad he is...but when we see him we'll be sorely disappointed that he doesn't meet the expectations we have. He isn't going to look so awesome when we see him. That scripture has always made me believe that we are not going to be impressed when we see that cat.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
What I've always gotten from that passage is that when we finally get to see satan, we're going to be so surprised what this character looks like and that he could have been the author of so much. What I mean is that we all have an embedded image of what this character looks like and probably how big and bad he is...but when we see him we'll be sorely disappointed that he doesn't meet the expectations we have. He isn't going to look so awesome when we see him. That scripture has always made me believe that we are not going to be impressed when we see that cat.

Then I suggest you read it in its entirey God is talking here to Satan/Lucifer he is asking a question asking him how he has fallen ...not how do you look. the answer is his pride he became so prideful he wanted to be God set his throne above Gods ... this has nothing to with his looks ...
The hebrew has already made this clear he was made the full pattern Lucifer was the most beatiful intellegent Angel ever created. He was the guardian Cherb before he became full of pride and because of this he will be sent to the pit ... Satan has never made the nations quake ...think about it ..some christians perhaps but I doubt Russia, NKorea, or even Obama worry much about Satan .this is future Lucifer is the man of sin i.e. antichrist. ever read what Luke says about it?
Luk 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. he is the star of Rev9:1-2

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009

Now who is this man I suggest you start with Isa. 14:12 it tells you his very name ...Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! [how] art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Lucifer which means day or morning star ..Now read Rev.9:1-2 notice this star ..this morning star is a him and he is given a key
Now that should put you on the right track now reread Hammerstones study ..

No. I don't think so. lucifer is an angel. Not a man.

Also His name means Son or the morning. Not The Morning Star. i bet you got that from the NIV.

Jesus is the Bright and Morning Star

Revelation 22
16 “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.”

And again:

Revelation 2
25 But hold fast what you have till I come. 26 And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations—
27 ‘ He shall rule them with a rod of iron;
They shall be dashed to pieces like the potter’s vessels’[j]—

as I also have received from My Father; 28 and I will give him the morning star.

So Jesus is going to give those who overcome and keep His works till the end, Satan??? No i don't think so.

butxifxnot

Sep 22, 2007
(I would appreciate it if folks would not imply implicitly or explicitly that they or a close party have a monopoly on what is the "correct" interpretation. Others can be wrong just as easily as I can be wrong, and to think otherwise is to delude yourself, even if you're a Christian. Although I do not particularly agree with Robster, it pains me to see others carry that tone with him.
All in the spirit of edification. :) the best teachers are those who are open to correction).

@ Robster
Robster said:
I think this "mark" will be some form of technology. And I'm not thinking RFID. There is other technology that is almost "skin-like" that most folks are unaware of. Anyway, I'm still confident that anyone willfully accepting this mark will fully understand that they are pledging their allegiance to the lawless one.
Why do you think so?

@ Johnson:
What is the significance of the number 594?

@ Hammerstone

6th Trump, 6th Seal, 6th Vial(Bowl)
The answer is given in the study, it just tends not to line up with the doctrines of men looking for a man wearing red with a pitchfork and RFID scanner in hand.
I agree, the number is symbolic. Almost every single one is. And I also think the whole "look for a man who is PAINFULLY OBVIOUSLY Satan incarnate" doctrine is ludicrous and wrong.

But I have two issues with your interpretation:
1- the number is "six hundred sixty-six." So what I'm asking myself is how that coincides with your interpretation that it is related to this group of items? Again, the number is not "three sixes," the number is 111+111+111+111+111+111.
2- There are 7 trumpets, 7 seals, and 7 vials. Not 6. That'd be like saying "There are 123,000 witnesses" when there are 144,000.

@ Adstar:
IIRC, every time the Bible mentions "the morning star" including references to both Lucifer as well as Jesus, the same hebrew and greek words are used for both.
It is therefore understood by context, not "how the King James Version says so". I am open to correction.

Regards,
-Peter

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
(I would appreciate it if folks would not imply implicitly or explicitly that they or a close party have a monopoly on what is the "correct" interpretation. Others can be wrong just as easily as I can be wrong, and to think otherwise is to delude yourself, even if you're a Christian. Although I do not particularly agree with Robster, it pains me to see others carry that tone with him.
All in the spirit of edification. :) the best teachers are those who are open to correction).

@ Robster

Why do you think so?

@ Johnson:

@ Hammerstone

I agree, the number is symbolic. Almost every single one is. And I also think the whole "look for a man who is PAINFULLY OBVIOUSLY Satan incarnate" doctrine is ludicrous and wrong.

But I have two issues with your interpretation:
1- the number is "six hundred sixty-six." So what I'm asking myself is how that coincides with your interpretation that it is related to this group of items? Again, the number is not "three sixes," the number is 111+111+111+111+111+111.
2- There are 7 trumpets, 7 seals, and 7 vials. Not 6. That'd be like saying "There are 123,000 witnesses" when there are 144,000.

@ Adstar:
IIRC, every time the Bible mentions "the morning star" including references to both Lucifer as well as Jesus, the same hebrew and greek words are used for both.
It is therefore understood by context, not "how the King James Version says so". I am open to correction.

Regards,
-Peter

Hey bro you need to slow your roll a bit and check your self righteous attitude at the door. Neither I nor anyone on this thread is boldly declaring that we have the "correct" and only acceptable interpretation of what the "mark" will be. We're all offering our own conjecture on the possibilities and I would APPRECIATE IT if you would allow people to express their opinions. It seems that by the way you are pontificating and suggesting that others are deluding themselves, that you're the one that is expressing a monopoly on the subject matter. This is a forum where people can express their opinions. So put your condescending fascist speech in a Hefty bag and let people speak freely. It really pains me to see clowns like you trying to shut down threads because you don't agree with the opinions. Away from here satan! :lol:

I am The Robster and I approve of this post.

Reactions: 01CobraVortech

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
No. I don't think so. lucifer is an angel. Not a man.

Also His name means Son or the morning. Not The Morning Star. i bet you got that from the NIV.

Jesus is the Bright and Morning Star

Revelation 22
16 “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.”

And again:

Revelation 2
25 But hold fast what you have till I come. 26 And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations—
27 ‘ He shall rule them with a rod of iron;
They shall be dashed to pieces like the potter’s vessels’[j]—

as I also have received from My Father; 28 and I will give him the morning star.

So Jesus is going to give those who overcome and keep His works till the end, Satan??? No i don't think so.

Adstar, you really need to look deeper,

Lucifer,(H1966) = H1966
הילל
hêylêl
hay-lale'
From H1984 (in the sense of brightness); the morning star: - lucifer.

Satan, Lucifer has copied all of Christ's names, you need to be careful.

butxifxnot,
It all has to do with the message of 1260. 1260 is a message not a amount of time.

also butx,

Which one, there are two.

evanom

May 8, 2010
Bogota Colombia
6 is the number of man. 7 is the number of perfection /completion. 8 is the number of eternity. Triple 6......... i guess its once, twice.... three times a man!

Paul

Aug 19, 2006
Well if it's three times a man, what does that mean?

evon has no idea what he/she is talking about and might have been trying to make a joke.

By the time the 666 is here most will have worshipped the 594.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
HITACHI SHOWS OFF POWDER-SIZED ID CHIP

NewsMax.com Wires
Friday, Feb. 23, 2007

TOKYO -- Tiny computer chips used for tracking food, tickets and other items are getting even smaller. Hitachi Ltd., a Japanese electronics maker, recently showed off radio frequency identification, or RFID, chips that are just 0.002 inches by 0.002 inches and look like bits of powder. They're thin enough to be embedded in a piece of paper, company spokesman Masayuki Takeuchi said Thursday.

RFID tags store data, but they need to be brought near special reading devices that beam energy to the chips, which then send information back to the readers.

The technology is already widely used to track and identify items, such as monitoring the distribution of food products or guarding against forgery of concert tickets.

Shown to the public for the first time earlier this month, the new chip is an improvement on its predecessor from Hitachi - the Mu-chip, which at 0.4 millimeters by 0.4 millimeters, looks about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.

The latest chip, which still has no name, is 60 times smaller than the Mu-chip but can handle the same amount of information, which gets stored as a 38-digit number, according to Hitachi.

One catch is that the new chip needs an external antenna, unlike the Mu-chip.

The smallest antennas are about 0.16 inches - giants next to the powder-size chip.

There are no plans yet to start commercial production of the new chip, Takeuchi said.

Invisible tracking brings to mind science-fiction-inspired uses, or even abuses, such as unknowingly getting sprinkled with smart-tag powder for Big Brother-like monitoring.

"We are not imagining such uses," Takeuchi said, adding that the latest chip is so new - and so miniature - Hitachi is still studying its possible uses.

YOUNG SHOPPERS WANT TO PAY WITH CHIP IN SKIN

Last updated at 14:13pm on 11th October 2006

[url="http://www.dailymail...-chip-skin.html"]http://www.dailymail...-chip-skin.html[/url]

Some customers are willing to have microchip implants as a means of paying in stores, a report out today says.

Teenagers are more open to the idea of having a high-tech shopping experience, the Tomorrow's Shopping World report suggests.

Around 8 per cent of 13 to 19-year-olds were open to the idea of microchip implants while 16 per cent wanted trolleys to be fitted with SatNav systems.

This compared to just 5 per cent and 12 per cent respectively for adults asked the same questions. Two thirds of teenagers and 62 per cent of adults questioned for grocery think tank IGD's report wanted self-scanning systems at shop check-outs.

Some 7 per cent of people in both age groups were willing to use biometric iris or retina recognition payment systems.

On a more low-tech note, 61 per cent of adults and 57 per cent of teenagers wanted staff to pack their bags in shops.

And a "cashless society" is not expected to have materialised within the next decade.

The report says 39 per cent of teenage respondents and 30 per cent of adults said they would still be using cash in 10 year's time.

It adds: "The current and future progress of technology services in store is counter-balanced by the need for shopping with some form of 'human contact'."

One third of adults and 40 per cent of teenagers wanted lots of staff involvement with the shopping experience.

The report, sponsored by technology services company EDS, followed an IGD poll of 500 teenagers and a similar number of adults about their predicted grocery shopping habits for the next decade.

Paul

Aug 19, 2006
HITACHI SHOWS OFF POWDER-SIZED ID CHIP

The report, sponsored by technology services company EDS, followed an IGD poll of 500 teenagers and a similar number of adults about their predicted grocery shopping habits for the next decade.

This is still not what is being talked about in Scripture as the mark of the beast, that mark is inside your forehead, ie your brain. Most people are all ready worshipping at the feet of the beast and that is what he wants.