real admonishment or hypercritical spirit?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do we tell the difference between if we are receiving correction or someone is just bringing us down?
thank you.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do we tell the difference between if we are receiving correction or someone is just bringing us down?
thank you.
To me, it is in the attitude and soft wording that will have me listening. But, if it is condemning and does not edify and encourage also...I close my ears.

Reactions: lilygrace

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me, it is in the attitude and soft wording that will have me listening. But, if it is condemning and does not edify and encourage also...I close my ears.
that is how i feel. if i feel hated and like they are acting better than me....
but i also want to know if im just being prideful?
i like your seal avatar.

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i feel like a few of those in spiritual leadership criticized more than actually encouraged me. i supposedly prayed with someone to get saved in 2019 and i just ..... find her to be irritating. i just....wonder if something is wrong with me...

• Wow

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that is how i feel. if i feel hated and like they are acting better than me....
but i also want to know if im just being prideful?
i like your seal avatar.
Thanks, love the seal pups! The Holy Spirit will give you red flags. As someone once said, "people don't care how much you know until they know how much you care".
Correction, biblically should be done with soft words and out of true agape love, not just to "correct"...some love doing that and it can miss the whole mark where grace is concerned.
God gives us the formula to deal with brothers or sisters who are not repentant.
We do not have to be fodder for those who just want to criticize over and over again...that pushes folks away sister, IMHO anyhow.
xo

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i feel like a few of those in spiritual leadership criticized more than actually encouraged me. i supposedly prayed with someone to get saved in 2019 and i just ..... find her to be irritating. i just....wonder if something is wrong with me...
Oh gosh no, there are MANY who irritate me! I kind of think most people have these kinds of people in their lives. I try to avoid and if I cannot, I will speak in love WHILE praying against irritation, lol.
We're still human and the fact that you recognize these things say's allot about you I would say. You are obviously open to correction, as we all should be but also seem to have discernment concerning those who do NOT correct in love.
I pray God will give you joy and peace in your walk, despite the "irritating" nature of some.
Someone irritates me everyday at least once, lol.

Reactions: Lambano