Rebirth (For Jenna and Laura)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In summertime upon jagged, glacial peaks there grow
the flowers, amid wind-swept icy crags, which show
the fecundity of nature. There the resplendant colors shine
against the sloping green. The storm-tosled petals, so fine
in their markings, disclose the ethereal beauty that's sought
above the stark tree-line,
manifesting what God has wrought . . .
Pain beckoning to the pain of Bliss, the one to the One:
Being and nothingness colliding, unfinished, yet done . . .

Though the blossoms are cropped by wind and an early frost,
they stubbornly persist;
their beauty is not lost.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

In summertime upon jagged, glacial peaks there grow
the flowers, amid wind-swept icy crags, which show
the fecundity of nature. There the resplendant colors shine
against the sloping green. The storm-tosled petals, so fine
in their markings, disclose the ethereal beauty that's sought
above the stark tree-line,
manifesting what God has wrought . . .

Though the blossoms are cropped by wind and an early frost,
they stubbornly persist;
their beauty is not lost.
@bukka

Interesting thoughts there....

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I enjoyed the imagery and advanced vocabulary in this poem. Would you mind explaining the lines I copied from your poem above?

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I enjoyed the imagery and advanced vocabulary in this poem. Would you mind explaining the lines I copied from your poem above?

Many times, Prayer Warrior, the author of a poem cannot entirely explain its meaning given that, many times, the imagery and meaning is not coming from the conscious part of the authors mind, but in the thinking of the mind that is not conscious to the other.

Pain beckoning to the pain of bliss, the one to the One:

On this line, I was thinking about the pain we experience in this life with the pain of bliss that we may feel at times in the next life. I supposed that we may actually be so joyfully happy in heaven that it may come across as pain in a fleeting sense. Emotionally, we experience things in human life in the form of contraries to each other. In this case, pain and pleasure, or rather, bliss.

On this line, I was thinking about the fact that God is the only reality that has actual being, and that creatures have only a derivative reality. This means that creatures have, in effect, of themselves, only nothingness. As standing against the reality of God, creatures are a nothingness that collides with that reality. On the one hand creatures, are unfinished, since they have a derivative reality, yet they are done since they are brought into the fullness of Christ at the Eschaton.

There are, most likely, deeper dimensions to the meaning of these two lines.

I'm happy that you've liked my poem, Prayer Warrior. Poetry sometimes helps us to express the deeper meaning of things.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On this line, I was thinking about the pain we experience in this life with the pain of bliss that we may feel at times in the next life. I supposed that we may actually be so joyfully happy in heaven that it may come across as pain in a fleeting sense. Emotionally, we experience things in human life in the form of contraries to each other. In this case, pain and pleasure, or rather, bliss.
I've always enjoyed good poetry.

I think I understand what you're saying about the pain of this existence. This life is certainly wrought with pain. There is no escaping it. I see Christians try to escape pain, but they end up ignoring it, and it becomes imbedded in their hearts, and over time, these wounds begin to fester. But Jesus came to heal that pain, to heal the broken-hearted, so we have to entrust our pain to Him and let him heal our hearts.

Edit: I'm curious about the title of your poem. I don't mean to pry, but are Jenna and Laura your daughters?

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your post, Prayer Warrior! Jenna and Laura were former coworkers at a motel I once was employed at. They were desk clerk representatives and I was the night auditor. They had lives plagued with many problems and had done very well in their recovery. I wrote the poem for them to lighten up their mood. I'm happy that it pleased you!

Reactions: farouk

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Expressing the heart is the ever present challenge......to express other than the heart is to lie......it leaves one curtailed at the tongue......it becomes aware that letting yes be yes and no be no carries weight way beyond suck.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Thank you for your post, Prayer Warrior! Jenna and Laura were former coworkers at a motel I once was employed at. They were desk clerk representatives and I was the night auditor. They had lives plagued with many problems and had done very well in their recovery. I wrote the poem for them to lighten up their mood. I'm happy that it pleased you!
@bukka Oh so they are real ppl.... :)

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, farouk. They both had many personal problems and I was happy to have pleased them back then. I suppose that I'll share another poem I've written one of these days ... :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, farouk. They both had many personal problems and I was happy to have pleased them back then. I suppose that I'll share another poem I've written one of these days ... :)
@bukka If you are on a night shift with someone, then it's less unusual for them to tell you their inner thoughts and problems...I guess this is how it happened.....right?

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They were on day shift, farouk. At night, you hear a lot of things about people and co-workers, especially at shift change. A motel desk clerk is a job that demands a good understanding of practical psychology. You need the right kind of heart for the job. I was happy to see that kindness and firmness usually wins out in the end. :)

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Poetry, farouk, does have manifold meanings. I'm happy you liked my poem.
Many times, Prayer Warrior, the author of a poem cannot entirely explain its meaning given that, many times, the imagery and meaning is not coming from the conscious part of the authors mind, but in the thinking of the mind that is not conscious to the other.

Pain beckoning to the pain of bliss, the one to the One:

On this line, I was thinking about the fact that God is the only reality that has actual being, and that creatures have only a derivative reality. This means that creatures have, in effect, of themselves, only nothingness. As standing against the reality of God, creatures are a nothingness that collides with that reality. On the one hand creatures, are unfinished, since they have a derivative reality, yet they are done since they are brought into the fullness of Christ at the Eschaton.

There are, most likely, deeper dimensions to the meaning of these two lines.

I'm happy that you've liked my poem, Prayer Warrior. Poetry sometimes helps us to express the deeper meaning of things.
Erin-Hanson-Crystal-Ranch-2.jpg

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a fascinating illustration, Waiting on him. That is an intriguing display of colors. Thanks for sharing this

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
They were on day shift, farouk. At night, you hear a lot of things about people and co-workers, especially at shift change. A motel desk clerk is a job that demands a good understanding of practical psychology. You need the right kind of heart for the job. I was happy to see that kindness and firmness usually wins out in the end. :)
Good observations there, @bukka .

Reactions: bukka