Rebirth (For Jenna and Laura)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Like, farouk, I was intrigued about who the painter was. I've never heard of Erin Hanson. Painters can have even more depth than poets, I think. :)
@bukka I'm not sure about the last statement (the precious words and doctrine from Scripture at the Renaissance/Reformation were in the end more profoundly effective that the art imagery of the Middle Ages) but I do agree that there is a lot of sometimes untapped depth in paintings and their painters' relationship with the landscape or the subject of portrait.

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@bukka I'm not sure about the last statement (the precious words and doctrine from Scripture at the Renaissance/Reformation were in the end more profoundly effective that the art imagery of the Middle Ages) but I do agree that there is a lot of sometimes untapped depth in paintings and their painters' relationship with the landscape or the subject of portrait.

I think, farouk, that painting may have more depth to it in that it is even more symbolical. Symbols visually embody more meaning than words which are usually more abstract. But maybe this is only an opinion on my part.

Thanks again, farouk and Waiting on him. This board is a good place for posting creative writing. I hope others shall post things as well.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think, farouk, that painting may have more depth to it in that it is even more symbolical. Symbols visually embody more meaning than words which are usually more abstract. But maybe this is only an opinion on my part.

Thanks again, farouk and Waiting on him. This board is a good place for posting creative writing. I hope others shall post things as well.
@bukka The medium is different from words, but profound also.

Reactions: bukka

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@bukka, I wasn't trying to highjack your thread. I've heard it said that 70% of all communication is expressive. I just thought I'd share because Erin's art in my opinion is very expressive.

Reactions: bukka

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Erin Hanson's work is really fascinating. Thanks for sharing this, Waiting on him. :)
@bukka Yes, indeed... :)

I think that artists like Erin Hanson would be intrigued and inspired also by US state such as Montana and Alaska, with all their grandiose landscapes, bathed in natural colour.