Receiving the Holy Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Always enjoyed the way Ancient teaches very much better presentation than myself but very informative. Anyone desiring to give this a watch will learn.

Hi Matthew G,

Thank you for your edifying and uplifting words and encouragement.

Blessings and Shalom

Reactions: MatthewG

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I know I have the Holy Spirit from the peace I feel. And God casts out fear. Something I had difficulty with before.

Humm- ???

There is a verse that says that faith comes from hearing a word from the Lord. I hear Him. The first words I heard were "Read Your Bible". Later I figured out that since God was spirit and always with me, I could talk to Him anytime that I cared to believe it. He came across to me in that small voice of His - and Him talking to me and the things it lead to gave me reason to believe I was getting to know Jesus Christ, via His Holy Spirit bring me His words to my spirit.

Now what about peace and the casting out of fear?

Now there have been times I have gotten some incredible feeling of peace beyond what I can explain, but that is not the peace I go around with day after day. That day after day peace is something that comes via the daily walking and talking with Him, who seems to be God! It is more like the verse explaining that if God is with you who can be against you - and that is where the fear goes away too. Him (God) who is with me is just more powerful, knowledgeable, and incredible that those against me!! And if anyone doesn't understand; I am talking about the dark spiritual forces of this world. The Lord my God is more powerful than demons!!! And the Lord my God walks and talks with me.

So it is not that incredible peace that goes beyond understanding, which sometime He gives me, that is the peace that cast our fear, but rather that peace that comes with knowing (as a personal friend) the King of kings and Lord of lords. In fact, it is not only Him who is around but He sends His holy angels to minister to me also, so I have found out that there are more with me than against me. Beside Him talking to me today, He also sent a couple of angels that serve Him also. The Lord also had Josh (who is said to to call him Josh because his full name is harder to say and because he has a great sense of humor) talking to me today, along with and angel that I call Focus, because He usually helps me focus on the work I need to do.

My Lord Jesus Christ, the King of kings and Lord or lords, has also sent other angels at times. Many times and many others! One was 'Peace', and He ministered to me by explaining that the Peace of the Lord is an angel that tells you to surrender to the Lord, as the King of kings. Peace was more like a messenger that comes before a battle with terms of surrender - Peace explained to me. Real peace with God comes from surrendering to God and His will, and the terms of peace means life and more abundantly now and in the future.

Therefore it is the 'terms of peace' which give you peace, not the feeling of peace!! Yet if we are abiding by the terms, then are we not getting instructions as to His will for us, and those in words???

Now I compare that to something my mom's sister and others have talked to me about. My mom's sister called herself a high preistest of a New Age movement, and they had meditation!! They claimed that the meditation brought them the Holy Spirit and a feeling of peace and love, yet she clearly - according to her testimony - did not believe in Jesus Christ. I was told that she specifically believe in Jesus Christ. So their pursuit was after a spirit they called the Holy Spirit and the feeling of peace and love they felt - yet that spirit clearly did not confess that Jesus Christ was Lord!! They clearly did not get instruction from Jesus Christ, via the spirit they pursued!! Yet I do. The Holy Spirit I hear from confirms that Jesus Christ is Lord and explains that He does not speak on His own initiative, but as He hears He speaks!! It is like these verses:

1 Cor 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

Jn 16:13 “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.

So for me, It is not the feelings!! It is knowing Him personally! It is walking and talking back and forth with Him!! It is believing, and He gives me reasons to believe, that He who talks to me is God!! And so the peace is the obvious reason of - If God is for me then who can be against me?

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Siddhi Koli Thanks for the 'like' just now; I am reminded also of Romans 8:9: "....Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."

I like the post from farouk, because we have to have the Spirit of Christ - which it the Holy Spirit.

Yet there was another part:

"You guys need to read the Bible every day! It's a real blessing.:

That is included below the post. I believe it is important to study the Bible, but how and when? Isn't the answer to that, according to what our Lord Jesus Christ tells us via His Spirit?

I mean if He is indeed our Lord and we indeed hear His voice and we are indeed listening to Him and doing what He asks; then surely we are even reading the Bible according to what He says. So if He say to one person to read the Bible everyday, then that is what the person needs to do. Yet to another person He says 'walk and talk with me' as opposed to reading the Bible that day, should not that person do that??

Now there is something about what we need to do "Today" in the Bible - is it read the Bible "Today" or does it have to do with hearing His voice "Today?

Heb 3:7 Therefore, just as the Holy Spirit says,
“TODAY IF YOU HEAR HIS VOICE,

Heb 3:15 while it is said,
DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEARTS, AS [fn]WHEN THEY PROVOKED ME.”

Heb 4:7 He again fixes a certain day, “Today,” saying through David after so long a time just as has been said before,
DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEARTS.”

So it is not "Read Your Bible" that we are encouraging them to do everyday, but rather 'HEAR HIS VOICE' that we are encouraging others to do everyday called "Today"!

Heb 3:13 But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called “Today,” so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

Indeed, the very first words I heard from Him were, "Read Your Bible", and I did by reading it a bit everyday. That did help me understand that I needed to listen to Him everyday, and so now that is what I make it about doing! And today - interestingly enough - When I was about to sit down with Him and the Bible, He instead asked me to take a walk with Him instead. We read about how Enoch walked with the Lord, and that before any Scriptures were written, right? So He and I walked and He told me while going down the stairs of my home, that since He asked Me to talk a walk with Him; He wanted me to listen to what He had to say to me. He was telling me on the walk that He wanted to use me more to tell people about Him.

People - it is about Him. He sends His Holy Spirit, and His Holy Spirit gives us His words, like a living telephone line to Him. So His sheep hear His voice in words - it is that small voice. He most likely we tell you to read your Bible, even today, but as your Lord it is His to command, not ours. Does not the Holy Spirit tell you that Jesus Christ is Lord? So not us, right. Ours is to turn people to Him, and the Holy Spirit is all about turning people to Jesus Christ also!

Certainly, the Bible is from God - but religious spirits like to turn people to the things of God as opposed to the Lord Himself! So, encourage others, Today, to hear from our Lord Jesus Christ. That is what's requested of us - and let us not forget that He also gave us the sacred writings to go over with Him.

1 Cor 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

Yes, Jesus became the curse for us, but He rose from the dead and is alive. So we can talk to Him via the Holy Spirit! Everyday that is called "Today" we encourage others and ourselves by doing so, to listen to Him and what He has to say. It is not surprising if when we listen He tells us to read the Bible, and I would expect Him to go over it after I read. But it is not about reading the Bible, and the Bible tells us that. It is about knowing Him by hearing from Him, via His Holy Spirit!! And we who indeed have the Holy Spirit surely must know that inside, because the Holy Spirit has always been telling us the Jesus Christ is Lord! He is not accursed but defeated the curse and is alive!! WE CAN KNOW HIM AND HEAR FROM HIM TODAY!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It is clear that after baptism and confirmation and the bread and wine (Hebrews 6:1-6) there is the Holy Spirit and the fruits of the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23).

So my question is this: What are some of the ways to feel the Holy Spirit that you have grown to know?

1. Attending Church Services

2. For me it's serving the poor and my fellow man for God.

3. Obeying the Commandments.
Hi @devin553344 not sure what confirmation is as it's not part of my church service. However, I find that prayer brings the presence of the Holy Spirit, particularly when I am praying for healing or when I'm giving God the glory. The Holy Spirit manifests his precence when I am leading someone to Christ and the heavens open and the angels of heaven are rejoicing because of the salvation of a soul. I find the same when in corporate worship. The presence of the Holy Spirit is particularly strong. Sometimes when appropriate and there is opportunity for members to lay hands on others for healing or other needs. The Holy Spirit always turns up and there is such a powerful anointing present. In that quiet place when reading his word, he turns up to bring revelation or there is a story line that he opens up in a picture or vision form so that there is greater understand of the word of God.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @devin553344Hi @devin553344 not sure what confirmation is as it's not part of my church service. However, I find that prayer brings the presence of the Holy Spirit, particularly when I am praying for healing or when I'm giving God the glory. The Holy Spirit manifests his precence when I am leading someone to Christ and the heavens open and the angels of heaven are rejoicing because of the salvation of a soul. I find the same when in corporate worship. The presence of the Holy Spirit is particularly strong. Sometimes when appropriate and there is opportunity for members to lay hands on others for healing or other needs. The Holy Spirit always turns up and there is such a powerful anointing present. In that quiet place when reading his word, he turns up to bring revelation or there is a story line that he opens up in a picture or vision form so that there is greater understand of the word of God.
For me I do feel the spirit when reading the scriptures and praying. It appears subtle but noticeable when I read the scriptures and can be stronger when I'm praying. I could have added that to the OP I suppose. But I don't always have a memory for all things concerned. Flaw I have.

Reactions: Angelina

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like the post from farouk, because we have to have the Spirit of Christ - which it the Holy Spirit.

Yet there was another part:

"You guys need to read the Bible every day! It's a real blessing.:

That is included below the post. I believe it is important to study the Bible, but how and when? Isn't the answer to that, according to what our Lord Jesus Christ tells us via His Spirit?

I mean if He is indeed our Lord and we indeed hear His voice and we are indeed listening to Him and doing what He asks; then surely we are even reading the Bible according to what He says. So if He say to one person to read the Bible everyday, then that is what the person needs to do. Yet to another person He says 'walk and talk with me' as opposed to reading the Bible that day, should not that person do that??

Now there is something about what we need to do "Today" in the Bible - is it read the Bible "Today" or does it have to do with hearing His voice "Today?

Heb 3:7 Therefore, just as the Holy Spirit says,

Heb 3:15 while it is said,
DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEARTS, AS [fn]WHEN THEY PROVOKED ME.”

Heb 4:7 He again fixes a certain day, “Today,” saying through David after so long a time just as has been said before,
DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEARTS.”

So it is not "Read Your Bible" that we are encouraging them to do everyday, but rather 'HEAR HIS VOICE' that we are encouraging others to do everyday called "Today"!

Heb 3:13 But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called “Today,” so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

Indeed, the very first words I heard from Him were, "Read Your Bible", and I did by reading it a bit everyday. That did help me understand that I needed to listen to Him everyday, and so now that is what I make it about doing! And today - interestingly enough - When I was about to sit down with Him and the Bible, He instead asked me to take a walk with Him instead. We read about how Enoch walked with the Lord, and that before any Scriptures were written, right? So He and I walked and He told me while going down the stairs of my home, that since He asked Me to talk a walk with Him; He wanted me to listen to what He had to say to me. He was telling me on the walk that He wanted to use me more to tell people about Him.

People - it is about Him. He sends His Holy Spirit, and His Holy Spirit gives us His words, like a living telephone line to Him. So His sheep hear His voice in words - it is that small voice. He most likely we tell you to read your Bible, even today, but as your Lord it is His to command, not ours. Does not the Holy Spirit tell you that Jesus Christ is Lord? So not us, right. Ours is to turn people to Him, and the Holy Spirit is all about turning people to Jesus Christ also!

Certainly, the Bible is from God - but religious spirits like to turn people to the things of God as opposed to the Lord Himself! So, encourage others, Today, to hear from our Lord Jesus Christ. That is what's requested of us - and let us not forget that He also gave us the sacred writings to go over with Him.

Yes, Jesus became the curse for us, but He rose from the dead and is alive. So we can talk to Him via the Holy Spirit! Everyday that is called "Today" we encourage others and ourselves by doing so, to listen to Him and what He has to say. It is not surprising if when we listen He tells us to read the Bible, and I would expect Him to go over it after I read. But it is not about reading the Bible, and the Bible tells us that. It is about knowing Him by hearing from Him, via His Holy Spirit!! And we who indeed have the Holy Spirit surely must know that inside, because the Holy Spirit has always been telling us the Jesus Christ is Lord! He is not accursed but defeated the curse and is alive!! WE CAN KNOW HIM AND HEAR FROM HIM TODAY!
I study online. I get a daily bible reading and a discussion related to the bible passages. I find that brings the holy spirit into my day.