The God is our Righteousness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've seen some false teachings regarding the following topic that we are righteous. Which is incorrect. I thought I would post this for debate. We are taught in scriptures:

2 Corinthians 5:21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

I have felt the Holy Spirit on a few occasions where I was given a heavenly measure of the Holy Spirit. And when that happened I desired only good. I was filled with peace, love and sometimes Joy. See Galatians 5:22-23 for fruits of the Holy Spirit.

We are not righteous now:

1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. 51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed—

There will be a time for some of us that become saved, that we will be in heaven and filled with the Holy Spirit and in new bodies that are incorruptable. But that is in the future.

Paul talks about having been saved. And perhaps that is a subject of debate. As it appears to be a future promise instead of a current reality. As salvation consists of eternal life, being in heaven.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

But when Christ died for our sins and rose to be with the Father and prayed for us to have the comforter, he united us again with God. And the Holy Spirit which is the comforter is righteous and the influence causes us to act better and in a good way. Not that we are good.

Also being in the body of Christ blesses us to desire good as well.

Blessed are the ordinances of Jesus the Christ (together with John the Baptist). Thru baptism and confirmation we can have the Holy Spirit. And thru the bread and wine of the sacrament we can be in the body of Christ.

Last edited:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've seen some false teachings regarding the following topic that we are righteous. Which is incorrect. I thought I would post this for debate.
So, that mainstay of the Reformation, Romans 3:28, says:

8 For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

The word translated "justified" is δικαιόω, and it means:
  1. to render righteous or such he ought to be
  2. to show, exhibit, evince, one to be righteous, such as he is and wishes himself to be considered
  3. to declare, pronounce, one to be just, righteous, or such as he ought to be
So, it comes down to whether you think it means we have been MADE righteous, or DECLARED righteous, i.e. God the Judge has said that we're "in the right" with Him. (Despite the fact that we're not yet "as we ought to be".)

• Love
Reactions: Debp

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, that mainstay of the Reformation, Romans 3:28, says:

8 For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

The word translated "justified" is δικαιόω, and it means:
  1. to render righteous or such he ought to be
  2. to show, exhibit, evince, one to be righteous, such as he is and wishes himself to be considered
  3. to declare, pronounce, one to be just, righteous, or such as he ought to be
So, it comes down to whether you think it means we have been MADE righteous, or DECLARED righteous, i.e. God the Judge has said that we're "in the right" with Him. (Despite the fact that we're not yet "as we ought to be".)
My belief is that only God is good as Jesus said. I don't declare myself righteous. I give that to God. It is clear to me from the Holy Spirit that we are given righteous desires and works from God, not of ourselves. Although we can imitate what God has taught us to do.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My belief is that only God is good as Jesus said. I don't declare myself righteous. I give that to God. It is clear to me from the Holy Spirit that we are given righteous desires and works from God, not of ourselves. Although we can imitate what God has taught us to do.
Perhaps you are not understanding "imputed righteousness"....Christ takes our sins and gives us His righteousness. Imputed righteousness is a doctrine of our faith. So God sees us as righteous based on Christ's righteousness given to us....our legal standing before God.

Of course, we are still in the body on this Earth and subject to sins and failings at times. (Although we seek to walk holy with the Lord in our daily life.) But before God, He sees Christ's righteousness....not our sins.

Hope I am expressing this clearly enough. :)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I've seen some false teachings regarding the following topic that we are righteous.

Hey @dev553344 .

How are you ?

So, here is something for you to consider...

Q.) Can SIN enter into Heaven?

Q.) Can SIN become "one with God"?

A.) Never.

AA.) Solution. ????????

A.) GOD became a Human, and went to the Cross. And on The Cross, Jesus, the Word made flesh who offered Himself to Father God, on our behalf, = God accepted.
So by this SACRIFICE of The Son of God, on THE Cross... = you, me, and all the Believers, can become "ONE with God" and DID when we are born again.
That's the PROOF...

So, to become one with God, you can't have sin.. And you have to become EQUAL to God's Righteousness, as your own, or He cannot fellowship with us.... or join Himself to us Spiritually.
Jesus died on The Cross so that God can offer His "GIFT of Righteousness" to everyone,.. and all who will believe in Jesus, receive..."The Gift of Righteousness" that is "The Gift of Salvation"..

"all who call on the Name of JESUS>.. shall BE SAVED"...

Thats an ETERNAL Realty.

This means that every Believer, has eternally become "THE... Righteousness of GOD.... IN CHRIST".... and that is WHY God can accept us, and Has.....and this proves that every born again BELIEVER... is now joined to God forever, = as : Born AGAIN... Spiritually.

We can't earn this righteousness, or this NEW Birth in the Spirit... because "there is none Righteous",= because "ALL have Sinned".

So, GOD became a Man, and lived a Holy Life and offers this Eternal Life, based on THE Blood and Death Jesus has delivered to us from The Cross. And when we TRUST IN CHRIST.... this Righteousness that is "Christ's Righteousness" .. that is GOD's "GIFT of Righteousness"... that is our SALVATION = becomes US, as we eternally become a = "new Creation"... "IN Christ". = Born... Again.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you are not understanding "imputed righteousness"....Christ takes our sins and gives us His righteousness. Imputed righteousness is a doctrine of our faith. So God sees us as righteous based on Christ's righteousness given to us....our legal standing before God.

Of course, we are still in the body on this Earth and subject to sins and failings at times. (Although we seek to walk holy with the Lord in our daily life.) But before God, He sees Christ's righteousness....not our sins.

Hope I am expressing this clearly enough. :)
Thanks Debp. I believe it works the way I posted it as I have experienced it that way.

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've seen some false teachings regarding the following topic that we are righteous. Which is incorrect. I thought I would post this for debate. We are taught in scriptures:

2 Corinthians 5:21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
For someone to have a character trait means that they are doers of that trait and it would be contradictory for someone to have a character trait while not being a doer of that trait, so for God to be righteous means that He is a doer of righteous works and it would be contradictory for God to be righteous if He were not. So for us to become the righteousness of God in Christ means that we are becoming doers of the righteousness of God in obedience to His law in accordance with how Christ expressed his righteousness, which is also why those who are in Christ are obligated to walk in the same way he walked (1 John 2:6).
Paul talks about having been saved. And perhaps that is a subject of debate. As it appears to be a future promise instead of a current reality. As salvation consists of eternal life, being in heaven.
We have been saved from the penalty of our sin (Matthew 1:21), we are being saved from continuing to live in sin (Philippians 2:12), and we will be saved from God's wrath on the day of the Lord (Romans 5:9-10). Our salvation from sin would be incomplete if we were only saved from the penalty of our sin while we continued to live in sin, so there must be an aspect of our salvation from sin that we are experiencing in the present, which is being trained by grace to live in obedience to God's law (Titus 2:11-13). This is also why Jesus said that the way to inherit eternal life is by obeying God's commandments (Luke 10:25-28, Matthew 19:17).

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.
In Ephesians 2:8-10, we are new creation sin Christ to do good works, so while we do not earn our salvation as the result of having first obeyed the Mosaic Law, doing good works in obedience to it is nevertheless an intrinsic part of our salvation from not doing good works.

Reactions: dev553344

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I've seen some false teachings regarding the following topic that we are righteous. Which is incorrect.

Lets look again , Reader.

Look at this verse.. 1.) "There are NONE righteous, no not ONE"..

See that?
That is why you can't go to heaven, until that is RESOLVED for eternity.

Why? Because Heaven is only for the Righteous... Heaven is where righteousness came from, and exists, as GOD and Christ.
So, to go THERE, .. you have to become, just like that., just like them.

And how can you, ?????? = when "NONE are RIGHTEOUS..,, no not one"., and "all have SINNED"?

See the problem you face?

A.) GOD came down here to die on the CROSS for all your sin.... and give you His Righteousness as "THE GIFT of RIGHTEOUSNESS."

What is that?

That is : SALVATiON... Its "the GIFT of Salvation"..

Salvation, is God forgiving all your sin forever, based on the Cross of Christ.... and giving you His Own Righteousness, so that you become... "THE Righteousness of GOD......IN...Christ".

See that?
That is what it means to be "SAVED".. to be "Born....again".. "redeemed".

This is why God came down here as a Virgin born SAVIOR.

And to be "SAVED" is to have trusted in CHRIST THE Savior, whereby God Gives you HIS VERY OWN Righteousness...

See that?

That is what it means to be "BORN AGAIN....

Its to become "made righteous" = based on God forgiving all your sin, because Jesus died for them all.

"God hath made JESUS.. to BE SIN...for us.."" because "Jesus is the ONE TIME>.... ETERNAL Sacrifice, for SIN">.

And once you are forgiven, once You have TRUSTED IN CHRIST< God then Gives you "the GIFT of Righteousness" and you become for Eternity, a born again CHRISTian, who is a "new Creation" ... "In Christ'.... having become "ONE with God"...

See that?
Now you are a citizen of Heaven, while still down here breathing...... and that is why the NT says, that all the born again who are "made righteous" are now "seated in Heavenly Places IN Christ"., as a "SON/Daughter" of God.