Recognize Your Signs And Miracles

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
The Lord shows signs, wonders and miracles to us, in us and around us. Do we see and acknowledge them or...dismiss them as coincidence, odd happenings, or the famous line...."there's a perfectly logical explanation for this?" :lol: Some are HUGE miracles and others are wonderful reminders that....He's with us.

Numbers 14:11 And the LORD said unto Moses, How long will this people provoke Me? and how long will it be ere they believe Me, for all the signs which I have shewed among them?​

It's so funny to see that verse and it's content for the sign I'm given ALL THE TIME is 1 & 4...as in that verse, 14:11. It literally was what brought me out of Egypt.

Deuteronomy 26:8 And the LORD brought us forth out of Egypt with a mighty hand, and with an outstretched arm, and with great terribleness, and with signs, and with wonders:​

And....so He did! :) The signs and wonders are given us but do we see and hear? Do we acknowledge them for what they are? As He demonstrated signs and miracles to "all Israel," understand...we too are Israel and He is showing signs today to bring us out of Egypt, out of the world.

Deuteronomy 29:2-4 And Moses called unto all Israel, and said unto them, Ye have seen all that the LORD did before your eyes in the land of Egypt unto Pharaoh, and unto all His servants, and unto all His land; The great temptations which thine eyes have seen, the signs, and those great miracles: Yet the LORD hath not given you an heart to perceive, and eyes to see, and ears to hear, unto this day.

As the Lord told Saul...He tells us....

1 Samuel 10:6-8 And the Spirit of the LORD will come upon thee, and thou shalt prophesy with them, and shalt be turned into another man. And let it be, when these signs are come unto thee, that thou do as occasion serve thee; for God is with thee. And thou shalt go down before me to Gilgal; and, behold, I will come down unto thee, to offer burnt offerings, and to sacrifice sacrifices of peace offerings: seven days shalt thou tarry, till I come to thee, and shew thee what thou shalt do.​

An excerpt from ~ The Complete Works of C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock, Chapter 2 - Miracles

I have know only one person in my life who claimed to have seen a ghost. It was a woman; and the interesting thing is that she disbelieved in the immortality of the soul before seeing the ghost and still disbelieves after having seen it. She thinks it was a hallucination. In other words, SEEING IS NOT BELIEVING. Whatever experiences we may have, we shall not regard them as miraculous if we already hold a philosophy which excludes the supernatural.

A great deal of scepticism now current about the miracles of our Lord does not, however, come from disbelief of all reality beyond nature. In the first place, modern people have an almost aesthetic dislike of miracles. Admitting that God can, they doubt if He would. To violate the laws He Himself has imposed on His cration seems to them arbitrary, clumsy, a theatrical device only fit to impress savages - as if the resurrection of the dead were the same sort of thing as two and two making five.

That is so true. We recently had an experience of what I assume was a ghost. Not one I saw but I certainly saw it's actions. My husband sought logical explanations...even though they weren't at all logical. In other words, "SEEING IS NOT BELIEVING" for some.

Does anyone have unusual events, miracles, signs, etc. they would like to tell others about?

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
I have a extensive list of Awesome things I have experienced God doing.

There are not such things as Ghost though...

Jesus Is Lord

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
:D

WhirlWind. The realm of the spirit is so active and alive.

Your run of the mill devil is in the Angelic Class, and are able to physically manifest. I am not sure what your situation was, but These things are very common.

You can tell the difference. An angel of the Lord will radiate the awesome fear of the Lord. Just Raw power. Devils, really don't radiate much of anything but cold, and that dark cloud over your head feeling.

I suppose you wanted experiences. I will tell one of them.

While locked up in prison, I was asleep on my bunk. I was waken up by some of my brothers in Christ, and they wanted to drag me out to the dayroom (Where we had TV) because one of my Brothers in Christ was heads down on a table, and was telling everyone he was going to die. He had some serious symptoms of heart failure. (According to him) The ambulance had been called by the guards.

I walked out to the Dayroom, and there he was, face down on the Table. He looked at me and told me he was in no mood to make faith confessions that that God was punishing him for throwing away his ministry and ending up in Prison.

Well, I knew that talking to him, or praying over him was not going to help. So, I started to pray in tongues for Wisdom, and headed back to my bunk, to get my bible. We had a big metal footlocker attached to the end of our beds.

I told God that I know it's his will that my brother be healed, and I need wisdom on how to help him. I folded over the big metal lid to my trunk and sat it flat on my bed. (The lid to the trunk with my stuff in it.)

It was dark in our bunk rooms, as the lights were suppose to be off at that time, so I was feeling around for my bible, when all of a sudden I felt something very cold run into me. It smacked into me pretty good, and out of nowhere my heavy metal lid came forward off my bed and hit me in the face. The metal lid came down on the side of my nose, and blood started to run down my face and on my T-Shirt. It made my whole nose numb, I mean it hurt.

At this point, I was pretty upset at Mr. Devil. I knew what had happened. I said "Devil, you are not going to stop me from helping my brother that is in need."

I kept on praying in tongues, and did not miss a beat, I knew what I was dealing with. I found my bible and headed back out to the Dayroom.

Well, with blood running down my face, and on my way back to help my Brother in Christ, I was surrounded by 4 other inmates, and they started to push me and shove me. They were totally not even aware that I was bleeding, and I never had a issue with these inmates before. This was like a dream.

I looked at all 4 of them, and I said. "Devil, that's it, I rebuke you in the name of Jesus. You loose!!!!" I then walked out to the Bathroom first to get some tissue for my nose, and then to my Brother lying face down on the Table.

As I approached my Brother the Spirit of the Lord spoke to me. (Not a voice, but inside my spirit.) He said, hold your brothers hands and just praise me.

As I sat down, and I told my brother to praise him for something he is thankful for, then I was going to praise him. We started doing this back and fourth, and the power of God ran over both of us. It was just awesome, as I have not felt that very often. (Well that was the first time.) My brother was healed instantly. (Whatever he thought was wrong, but I think it was more in his head.)

The ambulance showed up, and I told my Brother to go get checked out anyway, and see what is wrong. (They found nothing)

I hid my T-shirt so the guards would not see it. (They see blood, they ask lots of questions) and the next morning I approached those same guys that were pushing me around the night before to ask what the heck they were smoking, and why where they acting up like that.
They thought I was crazy, because they did not even remember it............????????????????

God is awesome though.............. Very awesome........... Fear nothing, only believe...........

Jesus Is Lord

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whirly - loved your post.
May I answer your first question - Do we acknowledge signs and wonders or dismiss them?
I acknowledge every little teensy thing that God does for me with no reservation. I think something - it manifests. People say - That's amazing. I instantly say, "Not really ".

The so-called "supernatural" is natural. When "supernatural" things do not happen -that is odd. God works in everything and some people don't have the eyes to see and may call things coincidence. Oh well, their loss.

I could never list all the miracles that happen to me, for me, around me. I am my Father's daughter and He loves me and any little thing He manifests for me - whether it's a paper clip on the sidewalk or 2 unopened bottles of $36 pycnogenol for 86 cents at eye level at the thrift store because I didn't have time that day to stop at the Health food store. But stopped to pee after driving 3 hours -or the pair of glasses I needed that matched my hair. (behind the bottles)

Loved your story, BM. I'm so sorry, though, Brother Mike - not to have a debate, but to post another experience or viewpoint.
I'm sorry to say indeed their are so-called 'ghosts".
I don't call them that, of course.
Why, Brad's father that died 2 weeks ago appeared and did a little mischief , lol, and winked the same day as his funeral.
Scared the young grandson out of his hotel room! The prankster - as if saying, "Gotcha!" My dad saved my sister while slipping terribly on ice in his old car.(Telling her how to handle it and not remain sideways in the ditch she found herself in at night in the middle of nowhere.)

I could tell you more stories - but you get the picture. "Ghosts" seems like such an antiquated term, but, oh well. It's just an old human in spirit hanging out here for awhile ---for whatever reason. Not some big old mystery. or supernatural event ---it's as natural as anything.

Hi Dad! My uncle comes by sometimes to check in on me. He was my favorite. :)

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

I have no scriptural evidence that the human spirit is allowed to roam around. I have seen devils imitate others that had been on earth. the bible calls these familiar spirits. They mimic the past people that were on earth, and know things about us.

Once case was this women that say her dead mother. She said that she would appear and give her comfort, and advice. Things would also move around the house some. By the spirit of the Lord, I knew I was dealing with something not from God. We can not allow these things to have place, and must shut them off. I rebuked this spirit in the name of Jesus, and started getting this women filled with the Word of God. That was the end of the appearances.

God has appointed angels over us, and any comfort we get, must come from the Lord. Even the Angels we are not suppose to contact or give any acknowledgment to. They are here to do a job, and get no thanks or Glory.

So, being a Christian, I would get scripture to support any human spirit ghost theory, to keep out of error. Satan does not play fair, and playing on human emotion is what he does really well. We should never form any belief on what we see.

Jesus Is Lord.

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
The Lord shows signs, wonders and miracles to us, in us and around us. Do we see and acknowledge them or...dismiss them as coincidence, odd happenings, or the famous line...."there's a perfectly logical explanation for this?"
laugh.gif
Some are HUGE miracles and others are wonderful reminders that....He's with us.

Numbers 14:11 And the LORD said unto Moses, How long will this people provoke Me? and how long will it be ere they believe Me, for all the signs which I have shewed among them?​
Deuteronomy 26:8 And the LORD brought us forth out of Egypt with a mighty hand, and with an outstretched arm, and with great terribleness, and with signs, and with wonders:​

And....so He did!
smile.gif
The signs and wonders are given us but do we see and hear? Do we acknowledge them for what they are? As He demonstrated signs and miracles to "all Israel," understand...we too are Israel and He is showing signs today to bring us out of Egypt, out of the world.

Does anyone have unusual events, miracles, signs, etc. they would like to tell others about?

I consider it a sign when one is not able to correctly divide the word of truth, it is miraculous when they can, and when they do, it usually brings about unusual events.

Thank you for including me in "we too are Israel", since I believe that you are well meaning in the referal, but no thanks. I prefer the glory of being part of His Body and the expectation of being like Him when He returns. I really don't want to be raised up from the dead only to serve under His Jewish saints, going in and out of Jerusalem to heal the nations.

But if God's been lying all along, telling Israel they will inherit the earth to rule and serve as priests and kings when He is on His throne in Jerusalem, and then not showing up to do it, then I don't really know what to expect. All the other things He said to people might be lies or He could back out on, like some "spiritual Israel" business, which I couldn't find in the Book. I apologize for failing to grasp the notion that we are "all Israel", because that is a falsehood. Plain and simple....
fivesense