Recognizing False Teachers & Prophets

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello friends,

I'm just sharing a message on this topic. You know the Word warns us that in these times, there will be MANY false prophets and teachers. We're talking about ways to test the message and the messenger. If you have some time, give it a listen and respond with any additional tips you might have that are beyond what we're sharing.

We are truly in the last days of the last days, amen?

God bless and have a wonderful week!

YouTube/ Spotify/ iTunes.

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
p.s. Not sure if anyone here regularly listens to these, but if you'd be interested in being part of a live stream where we can discuss topics like this live, let me know. If it's something that would be helpful, we're glad to do it.

Reactions: shortangel

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We must not add to what the bible teaches, it is the inspired Word of God and instead of trying to make it fit our own views we must accept its teachings.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Regarding false prophets, we should remember Jesus's warning-
"Call nobody teacher except me" (Matthew 23:8-10)

But sadly many people can't handle the truth of Christianity, just as Paul said-
"For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear" (2 Timothy 4:3)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Regarding false prophets, we should remember Jesus's warning-
"Call nobody teacher except me" (Matthew 23:8-10)

"""And He gave some as apostles, some as prophets, some as evangelists, some as pastors and Teachers,
=for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the building up of the body of Christ;""

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"""And He gave some as apostles, some as prophets, some as evangelists, some as pastors and Teachers,
=for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the building up of the body of Christ;""

Yes, that's fine as long as they simply pass on Jesus's teachings without putting their own spin on it..:)

Reactions: shortangel

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes, that's fine as long as they simply pass on Jesus's teachings without putting their own spin on it..:)

God gives ministers to the body of Christ.
Some are chosen to be Evangelists, Pastors, and some are called to be Teachers.
This is a New Testament fact.

So, What we have to do, is understand how to not be deceived by a fake one, who is doing the devil's work.
I have written many Threads about "how to spot the heretic", "How to spot a dark light"., etc.
I teach how to KNOW what you are dealing with.... when someone tries to TEACH, and deceptively presents themselves as this POSITION, using a Pulpit or on a Forum.

Here is the 1st thing to find out, so that you know if you are dealing with a DECEIVER.

Simple find out if they believe that JESUS DOES NOT KEEP THEM SAVED.

If they do not have faith in Christ to Keep them SAVED, then they do not actually trust IN CHRIST... they trust in themselves to get themselves into heaven.
You do not want THAT person, who has broken faith or NO faith, possibly a total Christian FAKIR to be teaching you the bible.

Now....Here is the END GAME revelation, regarding how to find out if the TEACHER is TRUE, or not.
Ask them.. ."do you believe and teach that SALVATION can be LOST".

If they say "sure", then you are dealing with a faithless, carnal, deceiver, who may be a real Christian, but they are "fallen from Grace" and have become a denier of the Cross of Christ, and an enemy of the Grace of God.
These people on a forum, will be found HOWLING about "OSAS"<.
Its all they do., as that is all they can do.

Reader,

I hope you hear me., as if you can, you can protect yourself from these devil led people, who live on forums, and also use PULPITS to keep you deeply deceived and away from God's GRACE and God's empowering of your Discipleship.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Here is the 1st thing to find out, so that you know if you are dealing with a DECEIVER.
Simple find out if they believe that JESUS DOES NOT KEEP THEM SAVED.
If they do not have faith in Christ to Keep them SAVED, then they do not actually trust IN CHRIST... they trust in themselves to get themselves into heaven.
You do not want THAT person, who has broken faith or NO faith, possibly a total Christian FAKIR to be teaching you the bible..

I'm not sure what you're saying there mate.
For example if somebody asks me if I'm saved, my honest reply would be "I don't know, only God knows, so i'll have to wait til judgement day to find out just like everybody else"..:)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I'm not sure what you're saying there mate.
For example if somebody asks me if I'm saved, my honest reply would be "I don't know, only God knows, so i'll have to wait til judgement day to find out just like everybody else"..:)

Being born again is proof a believer is saved.
You dont have to wait to find that out, as it has happened.
God said that if we take Christ by Faith, He takes us.... and makes us His Son/Daughter.. Not later, but right then. = born again.
Jesus said that if you believe, if you have received Him by faith, then you have eternal life as He gives it right then.. You dont have to wait till you die to find out.. You get it right then. This is why JOHN tells us that "you can KNOW you have eternal life"...and we do know, if we are born again.
Being born again, is not a "i wonder if i am", situation. It is a certainty.

Reactions: Blue Dragonfly's

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Being born again is proof a believer is saved..

Ah, but many christians think they're born again and saved but are in for a shock on judgement day..:)-
Jesus said:-"Not all who call me "Lord,Lord" will enter the kingdom of heaven. Then I'll tell them plainly, I never knew you, get away from me" (Matthew 7:21-23)

For example Adolf liked to be seen hanging around churches-
hitler-church6.jpg

But it's debatable whether he was a true christian..:)

GUEST- "Congratulations on becoming Chancellor mein Fuhrer, and what are your plans now?"
ADOLF- "I plan to take a little sightseeing trip"
GUEST- "Wunderbar! Anywhere special?"
ADOLF- "Poland, Holland, Belgium, France, Norway, Greece, North Africa, Russia.."

war-Hitler-takes-tea.jpg

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Ah, but many christians think they're born again and saved but are in for a shock on judgement day..:)-
Jesus said:-"Not all who call me "Lord,Lord" will enter the kingdom of heaven. Then I'll tell them plainly, I never knew you, get away from me" (Matt 7:21-23)

There are many water baptized and religious people all over the world, who are good people, church members.... Hard working....and try to be honest., in fact many of them "try to be like Christ".
Thousands of them died today, yesterday, and tomorrow, and they are suddenly in hell wondering what happened.

A.) Jesus said...>"You must be BORN AGAIN".

He's not kidding.

Reactions: Dropship

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A.) Jesus said...>"You must be BORN AGAIN".
He's not kidding.

Yes but how do we KNOW FOR SURE that we're born again?
For example I've tried a few churches in the past and thought "If this bunch of cuckoos are really 'born again' I'm Mary Poppins", and walked straight back out.
One pastor actually chased me down the street calling "come back", heck it was like trying to escape from Colditz but I managed to give him the slip down a side street and made a home run..:)

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
False teachers abound in these times. They know their time is short.

How does Satan think he gains advantage in this world?
He calls Jesus a liar. He says Jesus was just a mortal man with a sin nature. And as such there is nothing that saves us from him.
He tells us we're not really saved. We can lose our salvation at any time. Because he wants us to believe there's no escaping him.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Can a Christian lose Salvation? Never!

But that brings us back to the question 'How do we KNOW if we really are christians in God's eyes'?
In fact maybe Satan WANTS us to think we're saved forever so that we'll make the foolish mistake of dropping our guard against him so he can sift and scan our minds looking for little flaws and weaknesses that he can exploit and inflame to sabotage us?
Heck he even had the gall to try it with the disciples-
Jesus said- “Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift all of you as wheat. But I have prayed for you.."{Luke 22:31/32)

"Report Mr Spock"
"We're being scanned captain, source and origin unknown"
Spock_science_station.jpg

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Spock? Well, at least it's not the Tranny church lady again.

But that brings us back to the question 'How do we KNOW if we really are christians in God's eyes'?
In fact maybe Satan WANTS us to think we're saved forever so that we'll make the foolish mistake of dropping our guard against him so he can sift and scan our minds looking for little flaws and weaknesses that he can exploit and inflame to sabotage us?
Heck he even had the gall to try it with the disciples-
Jesus said- “Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift all of you as wheat. But I have prayed for you.."{Luke 22:31/32)

"Report Mr Spock"
"We're being scanned captain, source and origin unknown"
View attachment 25754

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes but how do we KNOW FOR SURE that we're born again?

How do you know if you are born again?

1.) Its because Christ is in you, and wasn't before you were born again.

Another way to recognize it.....is that you have a DAY,... a DATE, in your past when you understood that you are a sinner, and you need a Savior.
You heard the Gospel, and it said that the Cross and Christ on it, is the only way to Heaven, and this Sacrifice is the only pardon for your lifetime of sinning.
You heard that "GOSPEL", and you REALIZED ITS TRUE........ and you went to that Cross in your heart, and you said..>"JESUS SAVE ME".
You have to have that DAY, in your past, ........and this does not have to happen in a church....It can happen in a car, in a jail, during a walk.
But you have to have that DAY, that moment, that you KNEW that you are LOST< and Jesus is the Savior and you went to Him by faith.

2.) That day, that moment, that instant......no matter where it happened, is when you trusted in Christ, and that FAITH ... God accepted to make you His own, and that is when you are born again.
That is a 2nd BIRTH DAY......and every believer has this 2nd Birth Day, as that is what it means to be BORN......= AGAIN.

Your first birthday is as a baby, a human..
Your 2nd Birth day, is the "New birth" of your born again Spirit.

Another way to recognize the indwelling spirit of Christ, and Paul teaches that if you have not the Spirit of Christ in you, then you are not of God's Sons.., and thats a fact.... is this...

3.) To recognize that you have become "the temple of the HOLY SPIRIT" (born again) is to recognize that you became on the day you Trusted in Christ....= very SIN Sensitive...

Here is how it happened to me.. I was enjoying sin.. And then when Christ became my Savior, literally joined my spirit to His Own, in Spiritual Union, as that is the actual "born again" process.......what happened to me is that i became so sin sensitive that it was really just overwhelming.
I SAW sin, everywhere... especially when i had a 2nd visitation 6 yrs after i was initially saved.
Sin was everywhere i looked. It was in the songs i heard, the movies i watched .......the TV was like looking at a brand new evil situation, as i could SEE the sin in the programs, I could see the deception... and before, i just watched it.....
So, something CHANGED ME inside that happened quickly, and ive never been the same.

Tell you a little story about my older brother.. who became a Pastor, and before this, he was not quite an Atheist, but he was worse than an agnostic.

So, His life began to just fall apart, when he was about 33.
By the time he was '40....= Marriage ruined, drug addiction, drinking too much....just the end result of the total hedonism that was his life come calling to pay him some PAIN.
He was suicidal.......
He was just .... a mess., as that is what the devil builds with your life, over time.
He was so distraught that he's driving around one morning looking for a church that is open. He went to a few, and found one that was open.
He wanted to talk to a Pastor.....he wanted some help. And he finds a church that is available.
And the Pastor listens to his long story, listens to his pain....and says finally, '"" William, you have gone as far as you can go. You need JESUS......You Need JESUS """.. And He took my brother, and they got on their knees on the floor in the Pastor's office, and they said the "sinner's prayer"..... together...... and (thank you Jesus) my nearly 40 yr old brother got up off His knees, and was a brand new Creation in Christ.
He told me later.........'brother, when i got up off my knees, the weight of the world was GONE !!.. and i walked outside and there were trees around this Church, and the TREES LOOKED DIFFERENT"...."the sky looked different"

What happened next?
He became a Pastor, and died a few years ago..... saved, born again, heaven bound.

So, it can be like that,
Dropship, or it can be a very quiet moment that you receive Christ into your heart by Faith.
There is no perfect example of how to feel about that moment .....but the one constant reality is always......Christ was not in you yesterday, and today, when you Trusted in Jesus... .He came to stay.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Dragonfly's

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How do you know if you are born again?
Its because Christ is in you, and wasn't before you were born again.
Another way to recognize it.....is that you have a DAY,... a DATE, in your past when you understood that you are a sinner..

With me it was a more gradual thing over many years rather than a specific day.
Beginning in my early teens, it was as if a "seed" had been planted in me which began to grow over the years.
Surprisingly Jesus too didn't receive the holy spirit all at once, it began growing in him from when he was a boy-
"And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man." (Luke 25:2)
Personally I was a shy, introverted wimpy kid but am now the strongest person I know, it's a POWER thing..:)-
"Our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power" (1 Thessalonians 1:5)
"Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power" (Ephesians 6:10)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We must not add to what the bible teaches, it is the inspired Word of God and instead of trying to make it fit our own views we must accept its teachings.
You are absolutely correct. It is the Word of God which must correct us, not vice versa (2 Tim 3:16,17).

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure satan is chuckling at the people who go around thinking they're already saved..;)
Paul got it right and I share his view-
"I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time" (1 Corinthians 4:3)