Recognizing the antichrist and the subtle methods of the adversary

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi guys,
I noticed something about a decade ago, or perhaps a little longer, when I was still struggling with the original King james version of scripture. In that version, the number six hundred and sixty six was used in one other place in the scriptures, and specifically in reference to the amount of Gold King Solomon received (annually I think). Solomon, in his wealth, and under the influence of foreign wives, apostasized and went after the gods of the land. This somehow sounds familiar to me. Its also interesting to note the number of steps up to his throne, and the descriptions of his romantic interest in the Song of Solomon, ( a book which I read when reading through the bible, but have never decided to dwell heavily upon.) The first modern translation of the Bible that I'd ever read was used as a college text and included the apocrypha (?). I found the wisdom litterature interesting, and the only reason that I could see for the rejection of one book was the commentary on Solomon. The first time I read it, my hand jerked so violently that I tore the page. I'm curious whether any of our historians know who was primarily responsible for the exclusion of that text as this could be revealing. If Jesus could have "types" in scripture, you would think that we could find anti-types. I think this is already understood with regard to the book of Daniel. Again, types are just types. Joshua was a "type" of Jesus, so was Samson (whose victory over the philistines was greater in his dying than in his life). Solomon was the anointed king of Israel, a son of David, a man of peace, and blessed by God with great material possessions, who was he a type of? (remember that Jesus was entirely faithful, but none of His "types" were a perfect man, and with regard to prophecy, even the high priest who condemned Jesus prophesied with the anointing of God upon him.)

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Hi guys,
I noticed something about a decade ago, or perhaps a little longer, when I was still struggling with the original King james version of scripture. In that version, the number six hundred and sixty six was used in one other place in the scriptures, and specifically in reference to the amount of Gold King Solomon received (annually I think). Solomon, in his wealth, and under the influence of foreign wives, apostasized and went after the gods of the land. This somehow sounds familiar to me. Its also interesting to note the number of steps up to his throne, and the descriptions of his romantic interest in the Song of Solomon, ( a book which I read when reading through the bible, but have never decided to dwell heavily upon.) The first modern translation of the Bible that I'd ever read was used as a college text and included the apocrypha (?). I found the wisdom litterature interesting, and the only reason that I could see for the rejection of one book was the commentary on Solomon. The first time I read it, my hand jerked so violently that I tore the page. I'm curious whether any of our historians know who was primarily responsible for the exclusion of that text as this could be revealing. If Jesus could have "types" in scripture, you would think that we could find anti-types. I think this is already understood with regard to the book of Daniel. Again, types are just types. Joshua was a "type" of Jesus, so was Samson (whose victory over the philistines was greater in his dying than in his life). Solomon was the anointed king of Israel, a son of David, a man of peace, and blessed by God with great material possessions, who was he a type of? (remember that Jesus was entirely faithful, but none of His "types" were a perfect man, and with regard to prophecy, even the high priest who condemned Jesus prophesied with the anointing of God upon him.)

For those paying attention to what I posted, they should note I linked the Rev.13:18 verse with the Rev.13:8 verse. If one studying Rev.13 doesn't know who that man of Rev.13:18 is by the time they get to that verse, then they won't know until he has to be exposed for them, which by then might be a little late because of their deception.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Veteran,
I haven't been diagnosed, but I've known for a long time that I have a mild form of the condition known as dyslexia. Because I do technical work, I find it necessary to go back over my numbers, sometimes I transpose numbers while copying, sometimes words (Which is helpful if you're trying to learn the Spanish language.) The number 666 looks the same forward or backward, but not upside down. This little problem makes it difficult for me to trust numbers or depend upon numbers, and sometimes to percieve and remember numbers, I would like to be able to recognize the anti-christ, but I will never worship a man and the Spirit within me would never allow me to do so. It is enough to know Jesus Christ and to receive Him by His Spirit, to trust Him, and allow Him to sit upon the throne. He alone is worthy and He is coming on the clouds of heaven (and not in a space ship.) If you have someone in mind then say it plainly. Do you fear him? He could kill me or you if the Lord allowed it, but then we'd be standing in good company. I'm not afraid of the devil, nor of his progeny. The Lord is my defender, my strength and my shield, in whom shall I fear? We are called to uncover and expose the hidden things of darkness with the light of God's word and the light of His grace. Who is the true and faithful witness and who do we stand in? If not in Him then only by ourselves, and in that we fall.
BTW were you anywhere near the tornados and did you see what the targets were?
This last summer I saw something very unusual for me and at the place of my employment. Up here crickets are common (and make good bait for larger fish) and you'll occasionally see a praying mantis or grasshopper. This summer, on more than one occassion, I was seeing flying locust in Jersey City, quite a distance from any agriculture (there's mostly concrete with possibly a few small backyard or rooftop gardens.) These were the first I've seen in over 19 years at that facility (rats and mice are more common, the occasional rabbit, and even a skunk.) We live in a time when men can use clouds of poisons to control populations, but locusts are one of the few clean insects and serve as food for birds, fish and even men. Does this mean something for the agrarian nations and food producers of our continent or the South? Have you seen anything about the eruptions in the congo. Local news showed us footage of a "pretty eruption", but said nothing about any damage or potential over the next few months. I remember the science demonstrations that were done for us as kids, with miniature ash producing volcanoes and how they ended. Geology on the small scale was a pretty effective learning tool. The church is going to need to spend more time ministering to those in need, and less time in debate. Time is not a luxury.
Standing on the firm foundation,
Michael

Reactions: Comm.Arnold

popeye

Jul 12, 2011
Mr. Pardo -

You have an excellent way of relaying your thoughts in the written form. I've been impressed by your clarity in thinking, and in the clarity in which you present your opinions, thoughts, etc.. You also give a great amount of care in assuring you praise God in any of your comments. I admire you. Are you an author?

Regards,

Mike Johnson
South Carolina

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
Hello Edward,
I wan born into a cult that believed that their spiritual leader was errorless, but he's just another deceived man who likes to wear pointy hats and dresses. I don't really believe that the current one is microcephalic, he has more temporal power than most people on the planet, yet it's only the power of numbers and my Savior is unconcerned about numbers. My only solid foundation is the rock which is Christ Jesus and the word given through the prophets and the apostles. The whore who sits upon the 7 hills has been doing it's best to kill off the body of Christ for the last 1700 years, but as we are born of the Spirit of God, there are always more. The gospel has no limits and contrary to what some of the protestants say, it was never lost, nor is it in danger of being lost as long as the Word exists and the Word endures forever. As you do not speak according to the word, but from your own resources, you haven't known Him, nor are you known by Him.
Even so, I'd be glad to introduce you. I won't ask you to renounce anything, jump through any hoops, flagellate yourself, kiss any rings, or bow before anyone except the Lord Jesus Christ, which you will surely do on the day of your judgment. He loves you, inspite of the fact that you don't know Him. He died for you as much as He died for me, but you have to seek Him with your whole heart. You can't allow some carnal organization that calls itself a church to come between you and Him; no statues, no demons pretending to be someone from the past or an angel of light, no masters, no priests, no gurus, or wisemen, no mothers, no fathers, no sisters, no brothers, no fantasies or wicked imaginations, no principalities, or powers, stars, sun, or moon, no form of idolatry at all, no not one. Seek Him with your whole heart, confess your sin to Him and ask Him to save you and He surely will. He can deliver you from the demons that assail you and I pray that He does. He takes no pleasure in the death of those that are dying, so turn to Him and live, even our Lord and Savior, blessed forever, Jesus Christ, firstborn of the dead, Lord of all creation, and equal to the Father in as much as He is the Son, inheritor of all that was spoken into existance.
I would suggest that you do this soon, as the rocks are already proclaiming His coming. Hosanna in the highest! Amen. May the Lord open the eyes of your heart, quicken your spirit and reveal to you the way of life. Amen.

What cult are you talking about ?

As soon as another world leader manifests, that's how soon some are ready to arbitrarily assign Antichrist status to that one. The Reformers thought the pope of their day was 'the Antichrist', but they were wrong we now know. The early Church fathers expected the coming of a singular Antichrist as per their understanding of the last day's prophecy, so they were busy looking for him in their days too; but he didn't come. Not in their days, not in the Reformer's days, and still not yet today. But that singular Antichrist will come as the Scripture states.

All kinds of numerology 666 symbols are applied, 10 kingdoms, many of the symbols given from prophetic Scriptures, EXCEPT... the very TYPE of ACTS the real Antichrist is to do (miracles, wonders and great signs), and WHERE he is to set himself up as king in place of Christ Jesus (Jerusalem).

If that trying to make history and all sorts of number names fit some flesh man isn't enough of a waste of time, others on that boat would rather just do away with how Scripture points to the coming of a singular Antichrist for the end altogether, and instead just declare there's 'many antichrists' only, and not a specific false one coming as the "another Jesus" of 2 Cor.11.

People who do that always tend to have bizarre and random reference points.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
... thus the proposed concepts:

1. A symbol which is the earth and a broken cross.

2. A technology symbol which is the number 6.

3. The eligibility technology which sums to 666.

4. The technological basis which has a 666.

5. The name of the individual which sums to 666.

-- And not-so-coincidentally, the number 7 has a 111, which I would assert is a confirmation of the Trinity.

BibleScribe

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Hello Veteran,
I haven't been diagnosed, but I've known for a long time that I have a mild form of the condition known as dyslexia. Because I do technical work, I find it necessary to go back over my numbers, sometimes I transpose numbers while copying, sometimes words (Which is helpful if you're trying to learn the Spanish language.) The number 666 looks the same forward or backward, but not upside down. This little problem makes it difficult for me to trust numbers or depend upon numbers, and sometimes to percieve and remember numbers, I would like to be able to recognize the anti-christ, but I will never worship a man and the Spirit within me would never allow me to do so. It is enough to know Jesus Christ and to receive Him by His Spirit, to trust Him, and allow Him to sit upon the throne. He alone is worthy and He is coming on the clouds of heaven (and not in a space ship.) If you have someone in mind then say it plainly.

Plainly? As plainly as God's Word points out, it's the "dragon"; that's the coming Antichrist that has been prophesied to come. There is only ONE person God's Word defines the "dragon" as. So it's not like The LORD hasn't already revealed it to His servants that pay attention to His Word, and not to those who follow men's doctrines which confuse that identity. And there does exist doctrines of men specifically designed to obstruct the Biblical identity of that "dragon" per God's Word. One of those doctrines is that there is no specific singular antichrist, but only the "many antichrists" Apostle John mentioned along with a singular antichrist.

Do you fear him? He could kill me or you if the Lord allowed it, but then we'd be standing in good company. I'm not afraid of the devil, nor of his progeny. The Lord is my defender, my strength and my shield, in whom shall I fear? We are called to uncover and expose the hidden things of darkness with the light of God's word and the light of His grace. Who is the true and faithful witness and who do we stand in? If not in Him then only by ourselves, and in that we fall.

Christ told us to not fear those who can kill our body (flesh), but not our soul. But Jude 1 also reveals we're not to argue with the devil either.

BTW were you anywhere near the tornados and did you see what the targets were?

Mostly hail damage in my area of the U.S.

This last summer I saw something very unusual for me and at the place of my employment. Up here crickets are common (and make good bait for larger fish) and you'll occasionally see a praying mantis or grasshopper. This summer, on more than one occassion, I was seeing flying locust in Jersey City, quite a distance from any agriculture (there's mostly concrete with possibly a few small backyard or rooftop gardens.) These were the first I've seen in over 19 years at that facility (rats and mice are more common, the occasional rabbit, and even a skunk.) We live in a time when men can use clouds of poisons to control populations, but locusts are one of the few clean insects and serve as food for birds, fish and even men. Does this mean something for the agrarian nations and food producers of our continent or the South? Have you seen anything about the eruptions in the congo. Local news showed us footage of a "pretty eruption", but said nothing about any damage or potential over the next few months. I remember the science demonstrations that were done for us as kids, with miniature ash producing volcanoes and how they ended. Geology on the small scale was a pretty effective learning tool. The church is going to need to spend more time ministering to those in need, and less time in debate. Time is not a luxury.
Standing on the firm foundation,
Michael

I'm not really into a lot of that. I have seen nothing out of the ordinary where I'm at, except the infusion of a lot of beetles.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Popeye,
You asked if I'm an author, and I had a desire to be one since I was a child, but I found that people aren't too interested in innocent things and that the stuff that really sells tends to have a dark side to it. I scrapped a book or two as they were fictional and drew on biblical images for their strength. But, even as the Bible is misintrepreted, so anything that you write can be misunderstood and misapplied. This is one of the reasons that the Lord gave us His Spirit, for proper divination of HIs word, if you want to call it that. There is a war that is waged in the souls of men and it's a power struggle. The written word is a sword, but the sword is held by the one who rules and reigns over the heavens and the earth. It is His to draw and it it His to sheath. It's something like the King Arthur legend, but the sword wasn't made for the hands of man. It is written that the sword shall never depart from David and this was speaking of His house and of our Lord, Jesus Christ. The Lord is going to seperate from among His sheep 144,000 elders. They will all have the daystar. They will all receive a white stone with a name that only the Lord knows, and they will be divided into twelve tribes. The really cool thing is that this is purely a gift, just grace and undeserved. Sometimes it doesn't seem like 144,000 elders is enough. I think that their hands will be pretty full. I don't know the origins of the song "the twelve days of Christmas," but it sounds like a bit of a plan to me. A wicked and perverse generation asks for a sign, and sometimes for an invisible one. I think that they'll be getting at least 144,000 of them all over the world. I could be quite wrong about this, but I suppose that we'll see soon enough.
Don't be surprised if you have some strange dreams, but they shouldn't be nightmares. The Lord bless you, the Lord keep you, the Lord make His face to shine upon you. Peace we already have. Amen & Amen