Record hot temperatures in Canada, Whistler smashed previous record

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I can't even begin to fathom what that kind of heat would even feel like... I can't stand humidity... I moved up North for that very reason...
so what is being described out west is a HORROR story for me... I am so blessed to be living on a lake... and so that cools down things even more.... This stuff is disturbing... and I do believe it's going to get worse.

I don't know what it's called... and I don't CARE what it's called... Just another excuse for a conspiracy theory and to be EARTHLY minded.

Reactions: Mayflower

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I told you about Lytton, BC.... reaching 47 degrees Celcius.... according to the article you posted... it was 47.9 = 118.2 degress farenheit.

That's CRAZY.... If these trends become common place... it's going to take life to a whole new level. People ... animals... are not meant to live in that kind of extreme heat.
And he had power over the sun to scorch men with heat . We can easily see how its headed right in that direction .
If we think its bad now , no man woman or child will want to be here in those days .
May all cling to the LORD and be learning all sound doctrine well .

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just don't bring the climate change and global warming nonsense into this (as tagged above).

“Weather-wise, the current heat wave in the west is due to a “heat dome,” Farnell explained. Even Farnell is being cautious about shouting "global warming".

I used to deny this sort of stuff, but I can no longer deny it, yes men are producing heaps of warm artificial air, the cost of living is going up, higher production rates are needed to keep up, lives are getting busier and busier, traffic jams in cities around the world are getting worst. And a lot of deforestation is happening in the Amazon, taking away cool natural air from the planet.

Enoch start your car up, is it warm air or cold air coming out of the exhaust? Now imagine hundred of thousands to millions of car and truck exhausts in a traffic jam in the city.

Put your hand near a light bulb, does the light bulb feel warm or cold? Now imagine millions and millions and millions of city lights put together. You only have to walk into the tv section of a store, and you will feel a bit warmer.

Stand under a tree, does the air feel cooler or warmer under a tree?

And sorry for bringing this into discussion, but what if we stood on a platform above a coal power plant chimney, is it warm air or cold air coming out?

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Meanwhile, last winter

20131215-001036.jpg

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@charity have you heard what's going on in Canada?
Hello @Josho,

Yes I have heard about the extraordinary temperatures being experienced there, and the effect it is having upon the population. Australia and the USA have experienced such terrific forest fires over recent years, and I just hope that the same thing does not occur in Canada.

46.6C in British Columbia. There is a huge heat dome, or large area of high pressure, reaching from California right up to Canada's Arctic territories and stretching inland through Idaho. The longer it continues the higher the temperature is likely to become.

The chart that defines our warming world
#ShowYourStripes

Thank you Josho,
Chris

Reactions: Josho and Mayflower

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haven't excessive temperatures always been the norm?

And isn't it a fact that if all the sudden all temperatures were normal for a time, it would truly be abnormal?

Still, that's awfully hot for the region.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Josho,

Yes I have heard about the extraordinary temperatures being experienced there, and the effect it is having upon the population. Australia and the USA have experienced such terrific forest fires over recent years, and I just hope that the same thing does not occur in Canada.

46.6C in British Columbia. There is a huge heat dome, or large area of high pressure, reaching from California right up to Canada's Arctic territories and stretching inland through Idaho. The longer it continues the higher the temperature is likely to become.

The chart that defines our warming world
#ShowYourStripes

Thank you Josho,
Chris
We here in west texas see that heat dome that high pressure system quite often in summer .
But the pattern is changing . And there shall be signs in the heaven above and in the earth beneath .
OH i know climate change agenda is at work . But they cant see it for what it is sister .
They too busy with an agenda to use this to take control of all the world .

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We here in west texas see that heat dome that high pressure system quite often in summer .
But the pattern is changing . And there shall be signs in the heaven above and in the earth beneath .
OH i know climate change agenda is at work . But they cant see it for what it is sister .
They too busy with an agenda to use this to take control of all the world .

I just think that man is so arrogant and vein to believe they can control the weather...
God is in control, not us

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just think that man is so arrogant and vein to believe they can control the weather...
God is in control, not us
Yes man is very vain . I got tickled at how you spelled vein . its okay my friend . Most folks tear my english up as well .
Let the LORD be praised .

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Josho ... the town of Lytton ( that made all those records for heat ) has now been evacuated because of a forest fire.

A fire started yesterday afternoon... and they had to evacuate the town. They had no time to think... they just had to flee.... Much of the town has been destroyed.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Josho ... the town of Lytton ( that made all those records for heat ) has now been evacuated because of a forest fire.

A fire started yesterday afternoon... and they had to evacuate the town. They had no time to think... they just had to flee.... Much of the town has been destroyed.

Wow that's quite a disaster. Unfortunately that's when the bad fires happen when there's a long heatwave usually.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wow that's quite a disaster. Unfortunately that's when the bad fires happen when there's a long heatwave usually.
According to the article I read ( assuming it is accurate )... they had 15 minutes to clear out of town... NO warning...

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
According to the article I read ( assuming it is accurate )... they had 15 minutes to clear out of town... NO warning...

:eek: that's pretty nasty, and such little time to evacuate.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I read that the temperature record now stands at 49.6 C, beating the all-time heat record for Las Vegas.

The people of Lytton join the many who have lost everything in America, Australia and elsewhere, by the fires that have take hold in forested areas.

We can only commit them to God.

In Christ Jesus
Chris