Recreational Drugs, Pharmaceutical Industry and Sorcery

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
My only reservation here is putting a stamp of approval on the alcohol issue as a generalized statement. I know it has been said that people who lack self-control shouldn't do it, but I think there's more to it than that. Think of the Nazarite vow. Samson was under that vow, so he was not to even touch anything from the fruit of the vine; no grapes or grape juice at all. I think there are people who feel uncomfortable about it. Call it conviction or it could simply be how they were raised. Paul addresses this in Romans and says "to him it is sin." Now I don't think this person should condemn others, but it's okay to say why they don't choose to drink. Ex. My grandmother was a partier and ended up committing suicide because she drank poison while under the influence. My grandfather always spent his paycheck at the bar and my mom had nothing growing up. Because of this, she dispises alcohol and I guess that's what makes me feel that way. I just would rather not be around it. It's not the people; it's the destruction it has the potential to cause. And who's to say whether one will be able to control themselves if they are experimenting with it for the first time? I really struggle with this.

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
I believe that Paul taught "All things are persmissible but all things are not benificial"I myself have no taste for anything alcoholic but do not condem those who drink.Yes, booze can enslave one just as much as anything else can and it takes the power of Christ to break those bonds. However, if you advocate the reinstatement of prohibition, the Gospel does not call for it.

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
(BernieEOD;33054)
I believe that Paul taught "All things are persmissible but all things are not benificial"I myself have no taste for anything alcoholic but do not condem those who drink.Yes, booze can enslave one just as much as anything else can and it takes the power of Christ to break those bonds. However, if you advocate the reinstatement of prohibition, the Gospel does not call for it.
I'd agree half-way, but your matching up to scripture is borderline.Several times in the NT, when a list of people who follow wickedness- drunkards are included. Jesus himself drank wine (speaking of himself and John the baptist), but we shouldn't let it take control of the Temple of the Lord. I say it's safe just to stay away from it all together.IF IT DOESNT GLORIFY THE LORDS NAME-DONT DO IT