Religion Vs Spirituality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

herald

Oct 2, 2006
When Jesus gave us the "Two Greatest Commandments," He was quoting the law. Deut 6:5;Lev 19:18:"Then one of them, which was a lawyer asked Him a question, tempting Him and saying, Master which is the great commandment IN THE LAW?Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. Deut 6:5. This is the first and great commandment.And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. Lev 19:18. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." Matt 22:35-40."By this we know that we love the children of God (Lev 19:18), when we love God (Deut 6:5) and keep His commandments. FOR THIS IS THE LOVE OF GOD THAT WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS. AND HIS COMMANDMENTS ARE NOT GRIEVOUS." 1 John 5:2,3.At the very end of the Scripture, the Apostle John writes, "Blessed are they that do His commandments, that they may have RIGHT to the tree of life, AND MAY ENTER IN through the gates into the city." Rev 22:14.Again, Covenants have conditions - the condition is that you keep the commandments of God.

herald

Oct 2, 2006
If you break any of the Ten Commandments, James 2:10,11 tells us, that, you are a transgressor of the law and are guilty of breaking all of them.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Herald, on those two commandments hang ALL the law and the prophets. In those two commandments, for Love would not steal or sleep with your wife.Benoni: Posted.........sigh!!
You oviously know nothing about epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
Hey Benoni Brother!!! Take your bible and put it under your pillow at night. See if that Works. Reading it does not seem to be helping you any.Jas 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: Eze 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: Eze 11:20 That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God. Rom 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. It was that royal law of Love that was put in our hearts. Jesus Is Lord

Benoni

Aug 16, 2009
Western NY
Brother Mike,I am so proud of you; this is the first thing I have every saw you write not based on assumptions.
Brother Mike;72238]Herald said:
Jas 2:8[/B] If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: Eze 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: Eze 11:20 That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God. Rom 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. It was that royal law of Love that was put in our hearts. Jesus Is Lord

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Brother Mike,I am so proud of you; this is the first thing I have every saw you write not based on assumptions.
I can only hope and dream to improve myself so that I may obtain the high standards you have set on this forum. Thank you Brother.Jesus Is Lord