Religious experience

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Shingy

Mar 26, 2007
Do you believe that you have genuinely felt Gods presence at any time in your life? How has this affected you?I ask because I know not all Christian's have felt God or are unsure if what they felt was really God.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
If we would ever feel God's presence then we'd be toast. Literally. We would have to be spiritually strengthened to withstand the presence of God at our current state.

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
Anyone who is born again has felt God's presence at least once in their lifetime. Otherwise they would still be lost in their sins. The first time I felt His presence and power was when I called on Him for forgiveness and cleansing on May 18, 1963. I immediately felt a great load being lifted from my shoulders as He took away my load of sin. It was an awesome feeling!I have felt His presence and "heard" Him speak to me various times. Of course, I didn't actually hear a voice from heaven like Paul did, but I knew it was God speaking to me in that still, small voice that is unmistakable.

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
Don't look for a feeling, look for God's will to follow, then his joy love & peace will follow . . . though you may go through a bit of personal fear to get there.

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
(TallMan;14138)
Don't look for a feeling, look for God's will to follow, then his joy love & peace will follow . . . though you may go through a bit of personal fear to get there.
I know that we're supposed to live by faith and not feeling, but what's wrong with feeling? I can't help it if I actually did feel God lifting my load of sin from me. It seems to me that so many Christians are so afraid of "feelings" that they deny that they are capable of feeling anything and consider it to be of the devil. They're so afraid of being called "Pentecostal" that they shy away from feelings. I also feel joy, peace, happiness, and even tears as I listen to songs about what Jesus did for me and the home He has prepared for me. Without feelings we're dead. I have no problem with admitting that I have feelings.

Tama

Jun 7, 2007
(Jon-Marc;14140)
I know that we're supposed to live by faith and not feeling, but what's wrong with feeling? I can't help it if I actually did feel God lifting my load of sin from me. It seems to me that so many Christians are so afraid of "feelings" that they deny that they are capable of feeling anything and consider it to be of the devil. They're so afraid of being called "Pentecostal" that they shy away from feelings. I also feel joy, peace, happiness, and even tears as I listen to songs about what Jesus did for me and the home He has prepared for me. Without feelings we're dead. I have no problem with admitting that I have feelings.
Well, no, there's nothing wrong with feelings, but feelings will change daily. And we need to KNOW that we KNOW... Feelings is a starter, and a faith is the rest of the path. God is the closest to us when we chose to honor Him when we just didn't feel like it. God wants our choices not just 'follow my heart' serving...

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
Feelings are fine and dandy, so long as you seek and follow what God is saying to you, then you will be strong & the blessings will come to you through every situation

Shingy

Mar 26, 2007
(Tama;14141)
Well, no, there's nothing wrong with feelings, but feelings will change daily. And we need to KNOW that we KNOW... Feelings is a starter, and a faith is the rest of the path. God is the closest to us when we chose to honor Him when we just didn't feel like it. God wants our choices not just 'follow my heart' serving...
This makes a whole lot of sense. The "feeling" is what drws people in such as nonbelievers...then faith in God is wat makes the rest of it come together. But I think those experiences, those feeling that Jon-Marc explained, also strenghtens your faith, too.

Garry T

Jul 27, 2007
"A peace that passes all understanding"! A feeling is not what we Christians are to rely on, feelings can be deceptive. But I know what I felt when I lived in sin, and I know the difference Christ makes in ones life because I now feel the presence of God in me. One who is not a Christian cannot feel the same as we do. Every day, regardless of what mood I'm in, I have that peace. Prayer nurtures that feeling of peace!