Renewing my faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trucker-For-Christ

Oct 28, 2007
I will start with 2 verses;Matthew 7:7-8Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.This may be long and my spelling is bad but please bear with me.I was raised in a Christian family. For many years I was forced to goto church every Sunday, witch I did not like. When I got older and was kicked out of my parents house (I will explain this later) I quit going to church. For more than 20 years I never wanted to back to church, never even thought about it. For this time I was always having trouble keeping a job, in one year I had like 6 different jobs, and paying for a place to stay. Always struggling to get by. My family always had what they needed, even my two brothers. I always felt alone. Arguing with my dad when I needed money just to get by.In 1998 I was driving for a taxi cab company when I wanted to go drive trucks (18 wheeler). I was working 12 hour shifts then sleep all day. It was hard to get all the information (i.e. past 10 years of employment history) I needed to goto school to drive trucks. I keep filling this urge to go drive but could not get all the information I needed. I did not know at the time if was GOD or not. I finally talked to my dad about it and he said not to quit my job. I still felt this strong pull to drive. So I finally said to myself "The heck with what my dad says". I quit my cab job and started getting the information I needed. This took about 2 weeks, I think maybe more. I had to always ask my dad for money and always argue with him about it cause I quit my job, yes he was very upset. I started school and soon was driving trucks. I never thought again about that strong urge I had. After one year of driving for this one company that paid for school I went to another company driving. From then on I switch from one company to another trying to find a better company to drive for.Let me jump in here for just a minute before I get to far. This whole time I was downloading things off the internet that were not good, lets just say that it was illegal. I was caught and arrested, spent 2 days in jail, released on bond till court date. Went back to driving for the company I was with at the time. I moved to another state to be with someone. Finally got the call when the court date is and had to go back home and face the judge. I got 2 years probation with therapy. And still never wanted to turn to GOD. I had a bad accident while driving. I rear ended another truck carrying propane gas. Rolled him several times and into the ditch. This could have been bad cause propane is flammable. The truck could have exploded when I hit it killing me and my girlfriend that was riding with me. I still never thought that GOD had saved me from that terrible accident, I was not even hurt. The other driver was seriously injured and had to be air lifted out. Nonetheless I was fired. I did not go back to driving for several years cause of the accident on my record. I just sat at home filling sorry for myself while my girlfriend worked, not wanting to do anything, even thought of suicide. Finally after my girlfriend pushed me enough I got a part time job. It did not help me much and I still felt sorry for myself.One year ago I started driving again. The best company I had ever been with. My girlfriend is also now driving, not for the same company. We are making plenty of money to live on and have more than enough left over to do some fun things. Still I never thought it was GOD doing this.About a month ago I was listening to an audio book about finding Noah's Ark. In that book it had some verses out of the Bible. I started to fill this strong pull to GOD. So I started to listen to the new testament on audio books I rent (listen to all NT but Matthew, John, Revelation, cannot find them). I have since rededicated my life to GOD. My life and the way I fill about myself has totally change. I am now happy all the time, enjoy what I am doing. Still driving trucks for the same company for more than a year now and don't have to worry about how I am going to pay the bills. What I now know;[list type=decimal][*]It was GOD telling me to quit my cab job and start driving trucks. For if I did not I would not be where I am today, HAPPY and with GOD.[*]It was GOD that saved me from that truck accident.[*]It was GOD making me suffer then showing me his kindness by saving me and allowing me into his kingdom.[*]GOD has totally changed my life, even the illegal things. PRAISE GOD :pray3:[*]It was GOD that lead me to that first audio book.[/list]After listening to the NT I also know what I am going to do with some of the extra money I have.Matthew 19:21Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.Matthew 19:23-24Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of GodLuke 6:20And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.Luke 6:24But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.Luke 21:1-4And he looked up, and saw the rich men casting their gifts into the treasury. And he saw also a certain poor widow casting in thither two mites. And he said, "Of a truth I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast in more than they all. For all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God: but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had."Yes I know the other things I have to do to get into GOD's kingdom. Just thought I would throw that in before someone replied saying that I need to be saved to.I talked to my dad about this and he said "not to do that". But just like I had that strong urge to quit the cab job I also have this even stronger urge to give to the poor. If I had not quit the cab job I would not be where I am now, with GOD. So I know that I must give what I can to the poor.I went yesterday and bought a new Holy Bible and the complete Bible on CD to listen to in the truck, cannot wait to listen to it.Sorry so long but I had to say all that.Thank GOD I found a place where I can talk with other Christians and help my faith grow.Thank you for letting me say all this.GOD be with you and bless you.Thanks,Tommy

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Wow, that was some powerful testimony you have there. I'm glad that you have rededicated thy life to YHWH our Heavenly Father. God is so wonderful, fair, and just. You did find a great place here, as this is where Christians (and Jews) gets deeper into the Word. This forum here, is amazing as this is the first Christian forum I go to.
smile.gif
Welcome to Christianity Board Trucker-For-Christ. Hope thou enjoy thy stay here and learn so much more of the Word of God with love, joy, peace, pleasure and much more.Love you much from Jag.Lovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.P.S. Yahshua is Jesus name in Hebrew.