Rep.Mark Foley

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
(SwampFox;3135)
Stay on topic guys and gals.
wink.gif
It's funny how a thread about Mark Foley ends up over in the Middle East. Perhaps that says a thing or two about politics here in America. Maybe all politics are not really local as the quote says.Getting back to the topic, I think Foley is a disgrace. I think, as a Conservative who backs the Republicans when they warrant backing, that there was some degree of a small "coverup" but that this all falls on Hastert and not the party as a whole. I think Hastert was just concered with holding on to his spot until he's done so he didn't act hoping it would go away. I don't think Republicans should defend either one and particularly Foley. The problem is that you cannot generally make broad sweeping statements that are true, but politics makes them all the time.The Republicans need to say: "Look, Foley did this, he's a disgrace and has been taken care of. We don't claim him anymore and we had no idea this sicko was doing this otherwise we would have removed him long ago."
Swamp Fox, They knew about this prevert for some time and just decided to bring it out before election. They don't care about him being a prevert, the democrats care about winning the election by keeping the Christians home. ( and not voting).

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
True, but can you blame the other side for not bringing it out until it benifitted them? All is fair in love, war, and politics. The real tragedy is that Foley was a mamber of the party that was supposed to not be one of those kind. If it isn't there, they can't take it.

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
(BernieEOD;3114)
Not again! Another neocon christian with a gospel of bombs & bullets.1) They hate us because WE have been manipulating events over there to get thier oil. We toppled government we didn't like, installed puppets that wopuld do our bidding. Then, our last president AKA Rapist in chief sent Maddaline albright over there to impose thier godless liberal agenda upon them.2) Bombing "Them" over there and kicking in doors "Over there" will only win more people over to thier side. They next time 9-11 happens, the world will believe we deserved it.There is no fighting over there vs over here in assymetrucal warefare.Can you show me the vast fleet of ships that are poised to bring all those evil Arabs over here and force us to bow to Mecca?Being a 26 year veteran, I cannot worship the military te same way you cheering chickenhawks do. The military is just another corrupt self serving government instituion that needs a boogie man to justify its existence.3) How barbaric "They" Are? Sorry but the USAF has killed more innocent civilians than all the so called terrorists organizations combined. Only we do it with wonder weapons from 20,000 feet up. Don't try to push this collateral damage stuff either. We dropped fire bombs on the civilian population of Tokyo and then sprayed diesel fuel on the fleeing civilians. More recently, we showered Bagdad and Belgrade with cluster bombs. In Belgrade, we actually avoided anything that could shoot back and bombed ONLY civilians.So this myth about how "Good" We are and how "Evil" they are is busted.4) If you are so gung ho about the war, why don't you call a recruiter and sign up for a blast in Bagdad?5) "They did not attack us first. WE have been manipulating them for over 50 years. Bin Laden did not declare war on us until we arrogantly proclaimed "We llied! We are staying in Saudi forever! Aftr promising not to establish a permanant presence there.6) Can you show me where Jesus calls upon us to bomb anybody into submission?How about the will of the people aka democracy? Can you show me in the Bible where it calls for that. Nowhere in the Bible is the will of the people EVER spoken of favorably.As far as what threatens us:Our abortion clinics kill more American BabiesOur Drug dealers poison more of us than anybody's chemical weaponsOur own Gangs shoot more of us than those terroristsOur own sexual imorality infects more of us than anybody's bio weapons.We bomb o5her countries in order to make them submit to our godlress decadence as we rot from within. And since the abortion rate, drug abuse rate, divorce rate, and all other vices inside our churches is little different than those of the unbelivers, we have little moral authority.Imposing ones way upon another nation is the mark of an evil empire and I pray that the Lord humble us now rather than judge us later.There is no room in the Gospel for any of us to say "Those evil people""ALL fall short of God's glory. There are none rightious, not a one!"As Christians, all we are is one convicted criminal on death row telling another how to obtain a pardon, nothing more.
Bernie, I wish we were getting some of that oil-wouldn't it be nice? $1.00 a gallon?They hate us bc they're jealous and covet our prosperity. Same for the world; they didn't like us anyway. Or like the french leader; they are compromised.2) yeah, I like it over there not here, if you don't mind. Some republicans think they can reason with the left-you can't. It's a waste of time. It's an all volunteer military. No one is forced to go. A great many feel strongly about defending their country. They are heros, no doubt about it. You are a flaming liberal, aren't you Bernie.Is this your out post in the culture war?

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
Anybody who does not sign on to the gospel of bombs & bullets is a liberal?Show me one tape where Osama demands that we all convert or die, just one!He does call us on where we renegged on our promise not to stay in Saudi.He did call us on how we manipulate governemntsHe did call us on how we tried to impose abortion, homexuality, condoms for kids and other aspects of our decadence upon them.We are so properous that we consue 80% of the world prozac just to deal with the stress Our prosperity brings us. We have one of the highest suicide ratesWe are not as great as we claim to be. The world does not want out hanbugers and heartburn. We are having a blast from those who are explaining it to us.

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
Bernie, I wish we were getting some of that oil-wouldn't it be nice? $1.00 a gallon(Quote)It is not our oil to take.

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
(BernieEOD;3158)
Bernie, I wish we were getting some of that oil-wouldn't it be nice? $1.00 a gallon(Quote)It is not our oil to take.
I was being sacastic about the oil-who believes it was about us getting Iraq's oil?They do owe us but we'll never be getting reinbursed ---that and death and taxes we can count on.Fortunately, we have new resources and that's what brought the prices down. Now if they stay down after election; that's another story.

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
(BernieEOD;3157)
Anybody who does not sign on to the gospel of bombs & bullets is a liberal?Show me one tape where Osama demands that we all convert or die, just one!He does call us on where we renegged on our promise not to stay in Saudi.He did call us on how we manipulate governemntsHe did call us on how we tried to impose abortion, homexuality, condoms for kids and other aspects of our decadence upon them.We are so properous that we consue 80% of the world prozac just to deal with the stress Our prosperity brings us. We have one of the highest suicide ratesWe are not as great as we claim to be. The world does not want out hanbugers and heartburn. We are having a blast from those who are explaining it to us.
Sorry for the accusation if you're not a liberal.I never said we, as a country, don't have problems but compared to all the other countries, we are the best the world has to offer. Countries that can't defend themselves we can't count-they're only here bc we're here. Without us, they'd be gone post haste.I was watching a program this morning about a poor white woman signing up with the marines because she doesn't want to work at mcdonalds all her life. It is a way out of proverty-not a good way. Most of our problems in this country are caused by greedy rich people and their ill gotten gains and liberals without morals.Main stream media, teachers, ( professors, etc. ) judges and lifers in congress.+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++And yeah, they are jealous of us. They attacked us first and yeah they'd take all our wealth in a heartbeat. Give them half a chance and see how fat and happy they'd get.

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
The truth is that we are not innocent. If other nations manipulated us they way we have manipulated that region for 60+ years, we would be blowing them up too.And I would not boast too much about our material wealth Rev 3:17 You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ u But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. v Rev 3:18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, w so you can become rich; and white clothes x to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; y and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
While the "Mainstream homosexual community" Condems Pedophilia, exactly what they consider pedophilia is a little different. As published in the Advocate, thier ides of pedophilia is a hetersexual man having sexual relations with a boy. By thier standard, a homosexual man who is truly "In love" with a 9 year old boy is not considered a pedophile.