Replacement theology is biblical illiteracy!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Replacement theology, that claims that the church has replaced national Israel, is false.

Paul absolutely destroys the claim God has rejected and is done with the nation of The Israel:

Rom 11:1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

Rom 11:2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew.
In Romans 11, Paul not only says God is not through with the nation of Israel, he wrote that gentiles who believe (the church) are GRAFTED IN to their new covenant, by faith.

In other words, the church has no covenant - National Israel has the new covenant - and if Christians become spiritual Israel, it’s only because of being grafted in as a wild Olive Branch among the natural Olive Branches to the Olive tree of Israel, and not because they replaced national Israel.

Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

Jesus was sent in the beginning only to national Israel, and told the apostles He sent out, to go not into any gentile city, but only to the Jews, and Jesus identities the National Jewish people as the HOUSE of Israel

Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into anycity of the Samaritans enter ye not:

Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the HOUSE of Israel.

Mat 10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

And the new covenant is to be with the HOUSE of Israel - with national Jews, not with so-called spiritual Jews:

Hebrews 8:7 For if that first covenanthad been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a NEW covenant with the HOUSE of Israel and with the house of Judah:

BTW, Hebrews 9 says the Jeremiah 31 new covenant with the House of Israel, took effect at Jesus’ death.

I said all that to prove that the bones Ezekiel saw come to life is the nation Israel:

Ezekiel 37:11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole HOUSE of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.

More proof it’s the dry bones coming to life is about the rebirth of the nation of Israel is found on the same page:

Ezekiel 37:12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, AND BRING YOU INTO THE LAND OF ISRAEL

Eze 37:13 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,

Eze 37:14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, AND I SHALL PLACE YOU IN YOUR OWN LAND: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it,and performed it,saith the LORD.

BTW the dry bones of the House of Israel came to life in 1948 when Israel became a nation again.

It’s not spiritual Israel Jesus comes to when He returns to Mount Olive in Zechariah 14:5, and saves Jerusalem from destruction, then reigns forever from Jerusalem on the throne of David.

It’s not any so called spiritual Israel that god gathers from all over the world, back to the land God dispersed them from.

If the church has replaced Israel, then Romans 11 is nonsensically saying that salvation has come to the gentile church, to make the gentile church jealous:

Rom 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

If Christians are now Israel, then since most of Israel is in unbelief and ungodly until they see ‘ the deliver come out of Zion’, then the church is ungodly and in unbelief until the return of Jesus, and He turns them away from ungodliness. Per Romans 11.

Rom 11:25 Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

Rom 11:26 And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written, “The Deliverer will come from Zion, he will banish ungodliness from Jacob”;

And it’s not so called spiritual Israel that is in the new covenant Jesus now mediates, that took effect at His death per Hebrews 9, but the promised new covenant with the HOUSE of Israel and the HOUSE of Judah, per Jeremiah 31.

Hebrews 8, 9, and 10 make it very clear that the Jeremiah 31new covenant is the one that took effect when Jesus died, and Romans 11makes it very clear that salvation only came to us gentiles to make Israel jealous, and that we are the wild Olive tree branches that are grafted in among the natural branches to the Israel olive tree, with Jesus as the roots of the tree. (Their covenant).

Thus we are not so-called spiritual Israel, and have not replaced the natural branches, nor is there a church covenant, but only a House of Israel and House of Judah new covenant that we gentiles are grafted onto by faith.

God dispersed and punished Israel for their sins several times, but always said the punishment was not permanent, and that their final destiny will be to be brought back to their land, and God will remain with them, not for their sake , BUT FOR HIS:

The word of the LORD came to me:

Eze 36:17 “Son of man, when the house of Israel lived in their own land, they defiled it by their ways and their deeds. Their ways before me were like the uncleanness of a woman in her menstrual impurity.

Eze 36:18 So I poured out my wrath upon them for the blood that they had shed in the land, for the idols with which they had defiled it.

Eze 36:19 I scattered them among the nations, and they were dispersed through the countries. In accordance with their ways and their deeds I judged them.

Eze 36:20 But when they came to the nations, wherever they came, they profaned my holy name, in that people said of them, ‘These are the people of the LORD, and yet they had to go out of his land.’

Eze 36:21 But I had concern for my holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the nations to which they came.

Ezekiel 36:22Therefore say to the house of Israel, Thus says the Lord GOD: It is not for your sake, O house of Israel, that I am about to act, but for the sake of my holy name, which you have profaned among the nations to which you came.

Eze 36:23 And I will vindicate the holiness of my great name, which has been profaned among the nations, and which you have profaned among them. And the nations will know that I am the LORD, declares the Lord GOD, when through you I vindicate my holiness before their eyes.

Eze 36:24 I will take you from the nations and gather you from all the countries and bring you into your own land.

Eze 36:25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you.

Eze 36:26 And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

Eze 36:27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.

Eze 36:28 You shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers, and you shall be my people, and I will be your God.

Last edited:

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
First of all, replacement theology, that claims that the church has replaced national Israel, is false.

Paul absolutely destroys the claim God has rejected and is done with the nation of The Israel:

Rom 11:1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

In Romans 11, Paul not only says God is not through with the nation of Israel, he wrote that gentiles who believe (the church) are GRAFTED IN to their new covenant, by faith.

In other words, the church has no covenant - National Israel has the new covenant - and if Christians become spiritual Israel, it’s only because of being grafted in as a wild Olive Branch among the natural Olive Branches to the Olive tree of Israel, and not because they replaced national Israel.

Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

Jesus was sent in the beginning only to national Israel, and told the apostles He sent out, to go not into any gentile city, but only to the Jews, and Jesus identities the National Jewish people as the HOUSE of Israel

Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into anycity of the Samaritans enter ye not:

And the new covenant is to be with the HOUSE of Israel - with national Jews, not with so-called spiritual Jews:

Hebrews 8:7 For if that first covenanthad been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a NEW covenant with the HOUSE of Israel and with the house of Judah:

I said all that to prove that the bones Ezekiel saw come to life is the nation Israel:

Ezekiel 37:11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole HOUSE of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.

More proof it’s the dry bones coming to life is about the rebirth of the nation of Israel is found on the same page:

Ezekiel 37:12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, AND BRING YOU INTO THE LAND OF ISRAEL

Eze 37:13 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,

Eze 37:14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, AND I SHALL PLACE YOU IN YOUR OWN LAND: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it,and performed it,saith the LORD.

BTW the dry bones of the House of Israel came to life in 1948 when Israel became a nation again, in 1948.

It’s not spiritual Israel Jesus comes to when He returns to Mount Olive in Zechariah 14:5, and saves Jerusalem from destruction, then reigns forever from Jerusalem on the throne of David.

It’s not any so called spiritual Israel that god gathers from all over the world, back to the land God dispersed them from.

If the church has replaced Israel, then Romans 11 is nonsensically saying that salvation has come to the gentile church, to make the gentile church jealous:

Rom 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

If Christians are now Israel, then since most of Israel is in unbelief and ungodly until they see ‘ the deliver come out of Zion’, then the church is ungodly and in unbelief until the return of Jesus, and He turns them away from ungodliness. Per Romans 11.

And it’s not so called spiritual Israel that is in the new covenant Jesus now mediates, that took effect at His death per Hebrews 9, but the promised new covenant with the HOUSE of Israel and the HOUSE of Judah, per Jeremiah 31.

Hebrews 8, 9, and 10 make it very clear that the Jeremiah 31new covenant is the one that took effect when Jesus died, and Romans 11makes it very clear that salvation only came to us gentiles to make Israel jealous, and that we are the wild Olive tree branches that are grafted in among the natural branches to the Israel olive tree, with Jesus as the roots of the tree. (Their covenant).

Thus we are not so-called spiritual Israel, and have not replaced the natural branches, nor is there a church covenant, but only a House of Israel and House of Judah new covenant that we gentiles are joined to by faith.

Amen and Amen!!!

Shalom

Reactions: Truman

Spirit_and_Truth

Nov 5, 2021
West Chester
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Replacement theology, that claims that the church has replaced national Israel, is false.

BTW, Hebrews 9 says the Jeremiah 31 new covenant with the House of Israel, took effect at Jesus’ death.

BTW the dry bones of the House of Israel came to life in 1948 when Israel became a nation again.

Rom 11:25 Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

Rom 11:26 And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written, “The Deliverer will come from Zion, he will banish ungodliness from Jacob”;

Thus we are not so-called spiritual Israel, and have not replaced the natural branches, nor is there a church covenant, but only a House of Israel and House of Judah new covenant that we gentiles are grafted onto by faith.

God dispersed and punished Israel for their sins several times, but always said the punishment was not permanent, and that their final destiny will be to be brought back to their land, and God will remain with them, not for their sake , BUT FOR HIS:

Eze 36:17 “Son of man, when the house of Israel lived in their own land, they defiled it by their ways and their deeds. Their ways before me were like the uncleanness of a woman in her menstrual impurity.

Eze 36:18 So I poured out my wrath upon them for the blood that they had shed in the land, for the idols with which they had defiled it.

Eze 36:19 I scattered them among the nations, and they were dispersed through the countries. In accordance with their ways and their deeds I judged them.

Eze 36:20 But when they came to the nations, wherever they came, they profaned my holy name, in that people said of them, ‘These are the people of the LORD, and yet they had to go out of his land.’

Eze 36:21 But I had concern for my holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the nations to which they came.

Ezekiel 36:22Therefore say to the house of Israel, Thus says the Lord GOD: It is not for your sake, O house of Israel, that I am about to act, but for the sake of my holy name, which you have profaned among the nations to which you came.

Eze 36:23 And I will vindicate the holiness of my great name, which has been profaned among the nations, and which you have profaned among them. And the nations will know that I am the LORD, declares the Lord GOD, when through you I vindicate my holiness before their eyes.

Eze 36:24 I will take you from the nations and gather you from all the countries and bring you into your own land.

Eze 36:25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you.

Eze 36:26 And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

Eze 36:27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.

Eze 36:28 You shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers, and you shall be my people, and I will be your God.

YES, I AGREE.

Is the phrase "spiritual Israel" used in Scripture? I thought it was (though NOT meaning replacement theology) but I didn't find it when I just looked.

Spirit_and_Truth

Nov 5, 2021
West Chester
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, i guess one can claim that Yah did that, if they like?
Seems perfectly logical to me b/c it was prophesied thousands of years in advance and it's fulfillment was miraculous.

I regard it as a partial fulfillment. The nation of Israel is very secular, but one day it'll be ruled by our Jewish Messiah.

What are your thoughts?

Reactions: Ancient

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
well, i guess one can claim that Yah did that, if they like?

Yah can use anyone to carry out His will and purpose, even if one may think those people had their own agendas. The how does not really matter, or the agenda that some may of had to bring it about. It is the result! The result was like stated earlier partial fulfillment of prophecy that they returned home. What an amazing powerful witness to the Word of Yahweh, its accuracy and truth. I mean no other book on earth comes anywhere near Yahweh's word. Should build faith and confidence that everything else that is yet to pass will some day come to pass. The one thing with prophecy is that one does not know it is fulfilled until it comes to pass, it is like a rear vision mirror the event has to take place first and then one can say oh that was that prophecy.

This is why many people misunderstand prophecy and many times are wrong because they speculate that such and such is that prophecy. Speculation is very dangerous and 99.9% is speculation, better to be watchful and then wait for the event to come to pass until one can confidently say that was a fulfillment of such and such. Sadly this does not happen and what proceeds to take place is guess work/speculation this is why there are so many different opinions they are speculating. Many false words are given maybe if we went back to the Torah a lot of this would stop as if one prophesied incorrectly well you know they were to be put to death. This would soon sort out all the speculation that is absolutely rife within the christian world.

Many so called prophets in the world today are nothing but Christian clairvoyants and mediums it is absolutely disgraceful and does a lot of harm to Yahweh's name. Very rarely do you find in the Bible people getting personal words and personal prophetic guidance. The vast majority was for Kings, rulers, countries and people groups as a collective very rarely personal.

Shalom

Reactions: Truman

Spirit_and_Truth

Nov 5, 2021
West Chester
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yah can use anyone to carry out His will and purpose, even if one may think those people had their own agendas. The how does not really matter, or the agenda that some may of had to bring it about. It is the result! The result was like stated earlier partial fulfillment of prophecy that they returned home. What an amazing powerful witness to the Word of Yahweh, its accuracy and truth. I mean no other book on earth comes anywhere near Yahweh's word. Should build faith and confidence that everything else that is yet to pass will some day come to pass. The one thing with prophecy is that one does not know it is fulfilled until it comes to pass, it is like a rear vision mirror the event has to take place first and then one can say oh that was that prophecy.

This is why many people misunderstand prophecy and many times are wrong because they speculate that such and such is that prophecy. Speculation is very dangerous and 99.9% is speculation, better to be watchful and then wait for the event to come to pass until one can confidently say that was a fulfillment of such and such. Sadly this does not happen and what proceeds to take place is guess work/speculation this is why there are so many different opinions they are speculating. Many false words are given maybe if we went back to the Torah a lot of this would stop as if one prophesied incorrectly well you know they were to be put to death. This would soon sort out all the speculation that is absolutely rife within the christian world.

Many so called prophets in the world today are nothing but Christian clairvoyants and mediums it is absolutely disgraceful and does a lot of harm to Yahweh's name. Very rarely do you find in the Bible people getting personal words and personal prophetic guidance. The vast majority was for Kings, rulers, countries and people groups as a collective very rarely personal.

Shalom

What is a modern day Christian prophet? Do they even exist? If they do, what are their real function?

I can tell right now, that should be it's on topic, rather than including it in this one, but I believe they do exist and have a role far different than most Christians perceive.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is correct. God has an eternal plan and purpose for REDEEMED AND RESTORED Israel (not the Zionist secular nation-state of Israel) on earth along with an eternal plan and purpose for the Church residing in the heavenly New Jerusalem. This is based upon the Abrahamic Covenant, but only one-third of Jewry worldwide will be saved after the Second Coming of Christ.

But something to note during the Church Age is that God makes no distinction between Jew and Gentile at this time. All are commanded to repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YES, I AGREE.

Is the phrase "spiritual Israel" used in Scripture? I thought it was (though NOT meaning replacement theology) but I didn't find it when I just looked.

They use Romans 2:28, which says that a genetic Jew is not a Jew in the new covenant just because he's been circumcised, but must have the spiritual circumcision of the heart from the new birth to remain a Jew.

They interpret that as saying gentile Christians are spiritual Jews.

Shalom Aleichem

Reactions: Spirit_and_Truth

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Seems perfectly logical to me b/c it was prophesied thousands of years in advance and it's fulfillment was miraculous.
it was predators with jet fighters against goat-herders with rocks and sticks
I regard it as a partial fulfillment. The nation of Israel is very secular, but one day it'll be ruled by our Jewish Messiah.
”nation” and “secular” are mutually exclusive, im pretty sure, and i guess you mean “country,” and no offense but im pretty sure Jesus is not ever returning, and certainly not to rule Israel, Inc., the Apartheid Paradise
What are your thoughts?
i think it was…just what we are famous for, more land theft, from those too weak to resist
What is a modern day Christian prophet?
i gotta go with ancient on that, imo we have a bunch of fortune tellers

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I definitely disagree with Replacement Theology and agree with your premise except with the fulfullment of the vision of dry bones.
This passage is talking about the resurrection of the dead. Ti tje dry bones He says:
"...I will make breath enter you and you will come to life. I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you and you will come to life ..." Ezek. 37:5-6
So He will resurrect those Israelites who lived by faith, who died before Christ . I am not sure about those who were blinded after Christ til now who lived by faith - maybe them too?

Last edited:

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gal. 3:28-29 :There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
So He will resurrect those Israelites who lived by faith, who died before Christ . I am not sure about those who were blinded after Christ til now who lived by faith - maybe them too?
Yes, I too believe that the Israelites who lived by faith will be resurrected. Everyone who lives or lived by faith will But I also find it horribly unfair, for those who didn't live by faith to not be given a second chance, as this prophecy is supposed to give the Jews a second chance. when Christ returns.

I believe the covenant between God and Israel was not fulfilled, because Israel did not do their part. A covenant is two sided. Genealogy is not a ticket into Heaven.

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God made a future covenant(promise) with the fathers concerning future national Israel.

The church is merely included in that future covenant in a partial way.

The best is yet to come.

God made NO covenant with the Gentile church.

Replacement theology is simply covenant theft.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What was the promise that Israel made in the covenant ?

“You have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I bore you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself. Now therefore, if you obey my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be my treasured possession out of all the peoples. Indeed, the whole earth is mine, but you shall be for me a priestly kingdom and a holy nation. These are the words that you shall speak to the Israelites” (Exodus 19:4-6).

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The promise began in Gen 3:15.

It was made to the fathers per their descendants along the way.

It will be instituted in full at the return of Christ per Zech 14 and Jer 31 etc.

We are only pre-INCLUDED in a dark glass, partial version of it.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What was the promise that Israel made in the covenant ?

“You have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I bore you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself. Now therefore, if you obey my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be my treasured possession out of all the peoples. Indeed, the whole earth is mine, but you shall be for me a priestly kingdom and a holy nation. These are the words that you shall speak to the Israelites” (Exodus 19:4-6).
The promise was to the FATHERS.