responding to shooting.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

joshhuntnm

Jul 1, 2012
When the dust settles, what should we do in response to the shooting? Do we need armed guards in every school?

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Allow teachers to CCW.

Since all our schools are "Gun Free Zones" (Gun Free Zone is really a euphemism for Kill Zone), does it make more sense to keep taking away weapons from law abiding citizens or allowing those citizens the ability to defend themselves from situations like this?

I've carried CCW for 20 years now and I've never had to go for my weapon, much less brandish it or level it at someone (and I used to serve Warrants and Court Summons in some fairly unsavory areas of town.) But I would NEVER do something like that unless I was armed.

But today, even the act of going to school (even at 5 years of age) is no longer virgin territory for slaughter.

Now, let's suppose we take away the guns from criminals. Will that lead to less crime?

Nope, not even less violence.

http://www.courant.com/sns-rt-us-china-stabbingsbre8bd065-20121213,0,5592318.story

A criminal will use whatever tool is available to commit the crime. Knives and bladed implements are banned in some places, and even England banned bats for a time.

http://www.infowars.com/amazon-disarms-brits-by-banning-self-defense-items/

Weapons don't make people into criminals, human nature does (and maybe liberalism ;))

Reactions: THE Gypsy

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
I agree, if one teacher had a gun, much of the carnage could have been avoided. The reason these killers go to schools is because they know they are defenseless. As long as we insist on gun-free zones, sociopaths will have shooting galleries. Israel had the same problem for awhile, but eliminated the threat by arming Principals, Teachers, and even some older Students.

Reactions: biggandyy

Markseasigh

Dec 4, 2012
I agree taking gun rights away is not going to fix this, it will only create a better oportunity for mass slaughter.
Just like THE MOVIE THEATRE. A WELL ARMED POPULUS WOULD HAVE AVOIDED THIS. However I don't see every kindergarden teacher carrying a six shot to school everyday, but hey the future is bright.
To me this just shows that people are freaking nuts...
These were just kids, not kids... children..
Shame on that man.

Man does not require a devil for he has the capacity to destroy himself,
Doesn't mean there is not a devil, but were making his work easy.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
577821_10152351209120584_1692687502_n.jpg

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Let me start by saying I don't own a gun, so my opinion isn't one of a gun-owner.

It seems that gun laws are not the answer. Washington D.C. has the most restrictive gun laws in the nation. but they also lead the nation in gun related crime.

The state yesterday's shooting occurred in has very restrictive gun laws. Yet, according to the news the shooter was able to violate at least three of those laws:
http://www.wnd.com/2012/12/gun-control-laws-failed-connecticut-children/

A complete ban on gun ownership - besides being UnConstitutional - would ensure that those who do not obey the law have guns while those that are law-abiding are left without the ability to defend themselves.

There has been multiple reportings in the news of criminals breaking into homes only to be confronted by an armed home owner. That is how it should be.

One mentally deranged man who broke existing gun laws to create havoc is no justification for eliminating the rights of MILLIONS of legal gun owners across the United States who have never committed a crime of any kind, let alone one involving a gun.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the response to the death of 27 people is to rally around gun rights?

Sickening.....

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
No Aspen,
The response to the death of 27 people was the immediate call for the removal of all gun rights (have you not been watching the news?)

Those defending the Constitutional rights of others against those who want to remove them is the RESPONSE.

Your ill-informed statement is what is sickening.....

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was responding to this thread Foreigner, not the TV; which passes along rumor masquerading as news.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
So the AP. UPI, Reuters, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, NY Times, etc. are all "masquerading as news."
Interesting observation, Aspen.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You forgot FoxNews.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Actually, only Geraldo Rivera on FOX called for more gun laws.
And he himself said he was acting in the role of a commentator, not a news man.
The others I listed made no diferential. Their opinions were worked into the news broadcasts.

Try to keep up.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see we are finished here - declare victory and toddle off for your nap, Foreigner.

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
Over here in Australia, we have even stricter gun laws than the U.S. The way I see it, if you're not allowed to have something, WHO do you think is going to have it??? The bad guys. So we'll just take it off all the good citizens and let them cope it!

Anyways, I think the ultimate solution though, is to bring God back in the picture. We threw him out of our homes, then out of our schools, and then out of our government, and now Obama has thrown him out of the nation. What are we suppose to expect? Peace? I'm reminded of Jehu's answer to Jehoram, "What peace, so long as the whoredoms of thy mother Jezebel and her witchcrafts are so many?What peace, so long as the whoredoms of thy mother Jezebel and her witchcrafts are so many?"

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
I am appolled at some of these response for those who claim to follow Christ. Did Christ carry a gun? If we do as they do we are the same as they are.
Killing for ANY purpose is the work of the devil, this includes war or self defense. Jesus nor Stephen nor any, not even Paul after coming to Christ ever raised a hand to any of their attackers, but said Father forgive them for they know not what they do. The devil has a grip on these lost souls and our fight against them is as a spiritual soldier, not a flesh and blood soldier. Cast out the demons that hold God's property captive to sinful lifestyles!

We are supposed to be the temple of God being built up to understand that evil only begets evil. Christian's go to war and kill other Christian's our own brethren in defense of our coveteousness of land. We are in this world but not of this world.
Do you know why David was not allowed to build the temple of God?
Because he was a man of war and had caused blood shed.. so what does that say about one who claims to think they are part of the body of Christ being the temple of God?
1 Chron 28:2-3
2 Then David the king stood up upon his feet, and said, Hear me, my brethren, and my people: As for me, I had in mine heart to build an house of rest for the ark of the covenant of the LORD, and for the footstool of our God, and had made ready for the building:
3 But God said unto me, Thou shalt not build an house for my name, because thou hast been a man of war, and hast shed blood.
KJV
Luke 3:14
14 And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.
KJV

We are to resist the devil and he will flee, and vengence is mine sayeth the LORD. This child of 20 yrs old needed spiritual help just as we all have sinned towards God yet God has overlooked our Horrible evil deeds of our past, just as HE would have this person had they lived to repent.
It is HORRIBLE what has happened but it is not the assailant that is at fault. How we raise our children and the things we let our children see on the media, tv, movies etc.... how we allow them to dress and do and what we put up with in our communities being legal is what has caused this. In other words we are what we feed our selves and our children.
That is why it is so important to keep the 10 commandments up in the schools, keep prayer to the God of our nation YHWH the Creator of heaven and earth alive in our schools and government, not all the idolatry religions that we have so little by little allowed to come in a set up temples to forgeign gods and ALLOWING THEM to have rights for their gods over our GOD ALMIGHTY that blessed America!

Carnal man calls men of war heros and they may well be for someone without a protecting God. But the spiritual man knows that killing in any shape or form is killing and not heroic. You may not like hearing that, but I pledge my allegiance to my God and His Word not to carnal ways of the flesh.
When Cain killed Abel.. did Adam take revenge and kill Cain? Did Eve? Did God? the answer to all is NO.
The reason is because for Adam or Eve to kill Cain would have made them the same as him.. WILLING to kill for a cause. And who is to say what is the limit of the cause when we have a mind to kill for a reason? God did not kill Cain because God only uses willing men to carry out His judgments and there were no killers available at that time.
Lawlessness only causes for MORE laws to be added and lock downs of our freedoms for the LAW ABIDING citizen, for the LAWBREAKERS did not pay attention to the first law, what makes us think they will obey the second one, it only puts burdens on the innocent who know what is right, yet must suffer the same rights taken away when they did nothing wrong.
We should not crack down on freedoms, we should be more active in helping the lost by casting OUT those demons that inhabit ungodly men causing them to carry out these evil deeds, setting them free from captivity of a sinridden life, for if they were in their right mind, they would not have done such a thing. We fight in the spirit not in the flesh.
Everytime that we judge a sinner who is still under Satan's control, for their actions and say they should DIE, or get the death penalty or what ever we believe they should suffer for their sin commited, we condemn ourselves for we too should have had many causes for judgments against us but we don't want to suffer for those, we just want to be forgiven.

Blessings

kepha31 said:
EXACTLY!!

Axehead

May 9, 2012
I think it has been proven time and time again, that these "gun free zones" are not gun free. It seems the only ones that have the guns are the ones that are evil and demented and possessed. This is a government school for pete's sake!! The government allows "gun rights", so why won't they let it be optional for Administrators and Teachers to carry a gun seeing that there is plenty of history and patterns of wicked individuals who will mow down innocent people? Of course it should be optional, because there will be Christians and Non-Christians who don't want to carry one and you can't force people to carry, but they are certainly forcing people not to carry. What is happening in schools is a taste of what will happen in society when guns are banned. People that want to kill will find guns. I heard that crime went up in Britain since guns were banned.

So, here we have a government that is supposed to protect citizens, and they allow gun rights in the nation (which is good because of all the criminials that have guns), but don't allow School administration or teachers to carry (in a nation that allows people to carry).

I also wish the news would balance their stories and comment on all the people that have had incidences of protecting themselves, and their loved ones and their property from attacks but you rarely hear these stories.

By the way, Chicago I believe has banned guns, too and look at the carnage in that city. Worse than Afganhistan or Iraq.

It is definitely obvious that there is an agenda to demonize guns and ignore the infecting smut, movies, video games in this nation.

Next, they will have to outlaw baseball bats and knives,, maybe even butter knives and grinders. In fact, they will have to outlaw most things because ingenious people will surprise you on what they can make a weapon out of. The soul that is bent on killing will kill.

You know something is wrong in America when 50 teenage suicides are attempted EVERYDAY and 11 of them succeed. Guns aren't causing these teen suicides but what is causing them should be addressed.

I also think, until the government allows responsible adults in schools to carry, that more kids will be pulled out of schools in favor of homeschooling and can you blame the parents? I feel very sorry for these parents that lost their children and the children that lost their parents.

Axehead

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
There is too much killings like these in America. This is not the first time this has happened. You have lone gunmen shooting up schools, theaters, and even churches. This is a sign that there is a sickness inside society that needs to be dealt with otherwise we would be seeing more of these kinds of senseless killings.

kepha31 said:

Hmmmmm........something worth thinking about.

Reactions: aspen