Responsibilities Toward Society

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saturday 3-14-20, Adar 18, 5780 7th. day of the weekly cycle, 85th. Winter day

Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans Twelve:21

Romans Twelve:3-21 KJV

Responsibilities Toward Society:

3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

4 For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:

5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;

7 Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;

8 Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

9 Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

11 Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;

12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

13 Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.

14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.

15 Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.

16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Love always, Walter and Debbie

Last edited:

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesn't Romans 12:4-5 puts that exhortation to the community of believers more so than the community in the world?

Romans 12:4 For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: 5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another............ 16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits. 17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. 18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. 19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. 20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. 21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

I admit that I apply these instructions also to the community in the world by His grace & by His help, but I do wonder if what you had posted was meant more so for the body of believers in that community of believers?

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesn't Romans 12:4-5 puts that exhortation to the community of believers more so than the community in the world?

Romans 12:4 For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: 5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another............ 16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits. 17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. 18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. 19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. 20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. 21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

I admit that I apply these instructions also to the community in the world by His grace & by His help, but I do wonder if what you had posted was meant more so for the body of believers in that community of believers?
@Enow, Hi, and how are you all? first of all, I was thinking of that title being for the community as a whole especially for the believers, I choose that title because of the verses from Romans 12:3-21 describes of some responsibilities of the believer.

But you are correct with your wonder, because I thought by my taking heed to what I posted, If you have notice, I also high lighted verse 21, for the reason of the OP.

Do you understand my way of thinking of the exhortation?

Walter

Last edited:
Reactions: Enow

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Enow, Hi, and how are you all?

Hi @firstthings1st.

I am in His hands during my trials and tribulation that I am going through.

How are you?

first of all, I was thinking of that title being for the community as a whole especially for the believers, I chose that title because of the verses from Romans 12:3-21 describes of some responsibilities of the believer.

But you are correct with your wonder, because I thought by my taking heed to what I posted, If you have notice, I also high lighted verse 21, for the reason of the OP.

Do you understand my way of thinking of the exhortation?

Yes.

Enow:)

Reactions: WalterandDebbie