Revealed By Fire!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“For other foundation can no man lay than That Is Laid, Which Is
Jesus Christ. Now if any man build upon This Foundation gold, silver,
precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man’s work shall be made
manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be Revealed By Fire;
and The Fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is” (I Cor. 3:11-13).​

"
Every true believer, we would think, looks forward to that first happy moment
when, being absent from the body, he or she will be present With The Lord...

...At the same time, we may experience a little apprehension, knowing that in
glory we must stand before the Judgment Seat of Christ (II Cor. 5:10). Not that
we need be concerned about our eternal destiny. We are in Christ, and in Christ
we are secure...

Our sins have all been judged at the Cross of Calvary; we have been redeemed
and forgiven through His Blood. Rather it’s a question of what will be our station
for the duration of our salvation...

...“If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall
receive a reward. If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer
loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so As By Fire” (I Cor. 3:14-15).​

“And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things.
Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible”
(I Cor. 9:25).​

"It is required of stewards that a man be found faithful,” and many of us already
know that we haven’t always been very faithful. Certainly a lot less faithful in
His service than we could have been, and should have been.

With the world clamoring for our attention on every side, and our inherent moral
weakness, willful pride and self-serving ambition, we often lose the focus of our
mission as “ambassadors for Christ.”...

...When that day comes for you and for me, we will be privileged to stand in our
Lord’s Presence and look Him in The Eye. Hopefully we won’t have to be ashamed
to look Him in The Eye.

The Apostle John, describing the appearance of Christ in the Book of Revelation,
states that “His Eyes Were As A Flame Of Fire” (Rev. 1:14; 2:18; 19:12). It may
be that The Fire With which Christ will test the believer’s works will be The “Fire”
In His Eyes, for:

“Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in His Sight:
but all things are naked and opened unto The Eyes Of Him With
Whom we have to do” (Heb. 4:13).​
"
(F Wisniewski)

FULL study:
Revealed By Fire

works survive FIERY Gaze Of CHRIST.png

GRACE And Peace...

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
because it shall be Revealed By Fire;
and The Fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is” (I Cor. 3:11-13).

curious then you don’t think the trial by fire is happening …but instead when do you think tried by fire to reveal what kind of work it is happens?

Likewise are you suggesting “that the trial of your faith” has nothing to do with the trials of “though now for a season, if need be, you are in heaviness through manifold temptations”
1 Peter 1:5-7?

1 Peter 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"

we are secure...

and forgiven through His Blood. Rather it’s a question of what will be our station

"It is required of stewards that a man be found faithful,” and many of us already
know that we haven’t always been very faithful. Certainly a lot less faithful in

With the world clamoring for our attention on every side, and our inherent moral
weakness, willful pride and self-serving ambition, we often lose the focus of our

...When that day comes for you and for me, we will be privileged to stand in our
to look Him in The Eye.

The Apostle John, describing the appearance of Christ in the Book of Revelation,
be that The Fire With which Christ will test the believer’s works will be The “Fire”
In His Eyes, for:
"
(F Wisniewski)

FULL study:
Revealed By Fire

View attachment 23294

GRACE And Peace...

May I ask, why God created the earth Grace?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so As By Fire” (I Cor. 3:14-15).
I enjoyed your post.
Yup fire burns what remains is pure. But who ever completes this process ?

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"

we are secure...

to look Him in The Eye.

In His Eyes, for:
"
(F Wisniewski)

FULL study:
Revealed By Fire

View attachment 23294

GRACE And Peace...

What a grave error.

The scriptures you cite refer to the work of the evangelist. Not “the duration of our station in salvation”.

If the evangelist “husbandry” (his converts) are lost by fire (trials of life) due to the evangelist’s poor building materials (poor doctrinal teaching) he can still be saved, but only if he endured the same testing by fire.

The judgment seat of Christ is where we will be judged either worthy to be in heaven or in the lake of fire.

“For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ… Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men” (2 Corinthians 5:10-11)

It will be terrifying for the ones that are denied before Christ and sent to the lake of fire!

This is why Paul persuaded men to believe the gospel and be saved!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I enjoyed your post.
Yup fire burns what remains is pure. But who ever completes this process ?
You mentioned “yup fire burns what remains is pure. But who ever completes this process?”
For me “But who ever completes the process” suggest it is a process going on today, otherwise why ask: does anyone ever complete the process where the fire burns, and what remains is pure?

do you think it is a process of burning happening yet?

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mentioned “yup fire burn what remains is pure. But who ever completes this process?”
For me “But who ever completes the process” suggest it is a process going on today, otherwise why ask: does anyone ever complete the process where the fire burns, and what remains is pure?

do you think it is a process of burning happening yet?
Yes. When we suffer for Christs sake it's a great opportunity to forgive. It's fruit of the Spirit I received when I was Baptized. We die with Christ and we will rise with Him. Recall Steven the first martyr. He didn't miss his opportunity to conform to Christ. Steven's prayer asking forgiveness for his persecutors may have provided a door for the conversion of Saul. It was by Saul's authority that Steven was executed. I mention it because it's an example of the fire that purifies. If our sins are all forgiven we can complete the process with God. The fire surrounds Him and we must pass through it to see Him as He is.

Last edited:
Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
curious then you don’t think the trial by fire is happening …but instead when do you think tried by fire to reveal what kind of work it is happens?
The "trial by fire" is a metaphor for the assessment of the works and words of Christians by Christ at the Judgment Seat of Christ. Good works of everlasting value are compared to gold, silver, and precious stones. These can pass through fire without being destroy. Thus "everlasting value" which will also result in rewards. But works which are not of everlasting value are metaphorically wood, hay, and stubble, which means they are burned to ash. They will have no everlasting value, hence lead to a loss of rewards.
Likewise are you suggesting “that the trial of your faith” has nothing to do with the trials of “though now for a season, if need be, you are in heaviness through manifold temptations” 1 Peter 1:5-7?
This is a completely separate matter. Our faith in Christ and God is tested through trials, tribulations, and persecutions. Once again there are rewards for unwavering faith.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. When we suffer for Christs sake it's a great opportunity to forgive. It's fruit of the Spirit I received when I was Baptized. We die with Christ and we will rise with Him. Recall Steven the first martyr. He didn't miss his opportunity to conform to Christ. Steven's prayer asking forgiveness for his persecutors may have provided a door for the conversion of Saul. It was by Saul's authority that Steven was executed. I mention it because it's an example of the test of fire that purifies

I have thought a lot about Stephens prayer also in regards to Saul, and how that prayer was answered. It would be similar, Imo, to praying for someone who has harmed us as the example of Stephen for Saul and the others…and then their once persecuting the way, turning the other way.

Reactions: EloyCraft

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our faith in Christ and God is tested through trials, tribulations, and persecutions. Once again there are rewards for unwavering faith.
This brought to my mind that God equipped us from the start for this fire. Conscience judges our works and dispenses punishment or reward.

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have thought a lot about Stephens prayer also in regards to Saul, and how that prayer was answered. It would be similar, Imo, to praying for someone who has harmed us as the example of Stephen for Saul and the others…and then their once persecuting the way, turning the other way.
Maybe Paul's unforgiven sin would be an obstacle between him and Jesus. Stephens prayer was needed for it to be removed.:)

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe Paul's unforgiven sin would be an obstacle between him and Jesus. Stephens prayer was needed for it to be removed.:)

Stephens prayer and then Paul’s reminds me of 2 Corinthians 1:10-12 But also Christs’ prayer to the Father “Forgive them for they know not what they do.”

‘Who delivered us from so great a death, and does deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us ; [11] You also helping together by prayer for us, that for the gift bestowed upon us by the means of many persons thanks may be given by many on our behalf. [12] For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward.

consider Stephen’s prayer…the gift bestowed upon Saul/Paul …that thanks may be given unto God on our behalf. To me, that suggests on Stephens behalf, thanks is given unto God for the gift which Paul speaks of it as a gift as well.

this you brought up concerning Stephens prayer and Saul could be an example of “but by the Grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "trial by fire" is a metaphor for the assessment of the works and words of Christians by Christ at the Judgment Seat of Christ. Good works of everlasting value are compared to gold, silver, and precious stones. These can pass through fire without being destroy. Thus "everlasting value" which will also result in rewards. But works which are not of everlasting value are metaphorically wood, hay, and stubble, which means they are burned to ash. They will have no everlasting value, hence lead to a loss of rewards.

here you say “trial by fire” is a metaphor.

This is a completely separate matter. Our faith in Christ and God is tested through trials, tribulations, and persecutions. Once again there are rewards for unwavering faith.

I’m not sure I understand. here you say it is a separate matter. What is a separate matter? Do you mean:

1 Corinthians 3:13 each mans work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is [to] be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man’s work.
and
1 Peter 1:7 so the proof of your faith [being] more precious that good which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honour of Jesus Christ.

Do you mean they are separate matters, or something else?

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you mean they are separate matters, or something else?
Yes. The testing (trial) of our faith through fiery trials is a totally separate matter from the assessment of our works and words by metaphorical fire. On one hand your faith is being tested for its genuineness. On the other hand your words and works are being tested for purity of motive and love or care for those who received blessings from you (in whatever form).