Revelation, Isaac Newton, and the Churches

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I sure do wish I could help you out with this stuff old boy.

Don't patronize, you don't know me well enough.

Douay-Rheims?

Yeah, or I could have used this version...

Dan 9:27
27 The ruler will make a treaty with the people for a period of one set of seven, but after half this time, he will put an end to the sacrifices and offerings. And as a climax to all his terrible deeds, he will set up a sacrilegious object that causes desecration, until the fate decreed for this defiler is finally poured out on him."

New Living Translation

or this one...

Dan 9:27
27 "'Then for one seven, he will forge many and strong alliances, but halfway through the seven he will banish worship and prayers. At the place of worship, a desecrating obscenity will be set up and remain until finally the desecrator himself is decisively destroyed.'"
(from THE MESSAGE: The Bible in Contemporary Language)

The idea is the same, sacrifices are ended in Jerusalem in order to setup an IDOL abomination in the temple for false worship. That is what the 'desolation' is about, a spiritual desolation inside the Jerusalem temple. And Antiochus Epiphanes in 165 B.C. was already dead... when Lord Jesus warned about the "abomination of desolation" from the Book of Daniel.

The following Daniel 11:31 verse is yet another Scripture example of this future event in a temple in Jerusalem for the end of this world...

Dan 11:31
31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

KJV

The Romans in 70 A.D. never did that. Per the Jewish historian Josephus, the Romans general Titus wanted to get possession of the temple, but a fire inside it broke out while his soldiers and the Jews inside were fighting over it, and that temple burned down. Thus the Daniel 9:27 and Daniel 11:31 prophecy was not fulfilled by the Romans.

Reactions: Curtis