Revival Predicted....or not so much

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I attended a local church on the last Sunday of June 2014. The congregation was treated to a prediction by the pastor. He said that he'd heard rumors of a coming revival similar to the one that swept the nation in 1970. He made some lofty claims that he was privy to special spiritual information and that it would be under way by this time next year (June 2015)

I'd like to ask if anyone has heard such a rumor. Better still has there been any sort of pattern developing that anyone is aware of that might indicate a future revival that would be welcomed by the people of this nation. Bear in mind that the 1970's one was generally banned by the established denominational churches for fear that God would be stealing the leadership's thunder. The Holy Spirit was grieved and left town.

Are we in for a return visit and if so, how may our welcome to God's good comforter be improved?

Your input is invited. Disinterest will tell as much as interested input we think.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Im no scholar on the subject so all I can do is make an subjective observation for what it's worth.

But for revival to happen this close to what looks to me to be the coming upheaval of all nations seems in the least a strangled dream.
With the posturing of Russia and North Korea and America sending its troops back into Iraq, now could be a time of vigilance on behalf of the Christian. The new Atheist movement is picking up steam and many have already fallen away. All out War may produce some new converts but as far as eschatological expectation causing out pourings, I have a feeling that if it doesnt happen soon we may be in for a rough ride.
I would suspect that now is a time of strengthening, that we need to secure ourselves firmly in our convictions and hold fast.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i tend to think of revivals and altercalls as ripe for superficiality. It really only works if you are a beliver in OSAS because people are not wired to remain in the honeymoon stage with God - at some point it bomes a longterm relationship. it is the same reason people leave their spouses citing that passion is gone. it seems that americans are addicted to the initial emotional rush of relationships

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
aspen said:
i tend to think of revivals and altercalls as ripe for superficiality. It really only works if you are a beliver in OSAS because people are not wired to remain in the honeymoon stage with God - at some point it bomes a longterm relationship. it is the same reason people leave their spouses citing that passion is gone. it seems that americans are addicted to the initial emotional rush of relationships
Good post. Insightful. What is OSAS may I ask?
Madad21 said:
Im no scholar on the subject so all I can do is make an subjective observation for what it's worth.

But for revival to happen this close to what looks to me to be the coming upheaval of all nations seems in the least a strangled dream.
With the posturing of Russia and North Korea and America sending its troops back into Iraq, now could be a time of vigilance on behalf of the Christian. The new Atheist movement is picking up steam and many have already fallen away. All out War may produce some new converts but as far as eschatological expectation causing out pourings, I have a feeling that if it doesnt happen soon we may be in for a rough ride.
I would suspect that now is a time of strengthening, that we need to secure ourselves firmly in our convictions and hold fast.
I tend to agree with Madad. Signs and patterns, especially for America do not bode well. I understand that the Holy Spirit can bless any time and in any way it wishes, but there are generally patterns which precede such an event. Rough ride, indeed.

The patterns I see are not of increase, but of the Master pruning the vineyard. Isn't God concerned more with quality than with quantity? I think I heard a sermon on that at one time - long ago. I perceive a call to righteousness among the saints rather than a general call for increased membership.

Then again I could be trying to second guess the actions of the Almighty - a difficult if not risky affair especially in these times.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
My heart goes out to you younger Christians as loooonng ago, been to many small revivals where they were turning to our from sin to the faith. After a decade or so, most turning to the "faith," with no fear our our Lord - my opinion only, and I'm of a lower paygrade. Cutting through the chase getting to the point: We have a revival of hypergrace that will grow (IIThess.2:9 or so). Solution: Turn from sin to the faith hourly if you're a wetch like me, or only a one time turn is necessary having a constant Rom.3:18 trying one's utmost not to offend our Lord. Carry the whole "1" hour service on Sunday through the week 24/7 although you'll make the Sunday worshippers angry with you.

Old negative attitude hoping he's wrong, Jack

BTW to make things worse, I have IIThess.2:11, 12 coming to pass exponentially for sure.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Your meditation on the subject is impressive.

I tend to agree with you - hold on, we're in for a bumpy ride.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...