Jesus Back Soon

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
No, you are confused. Paul does not teach a rapture, look your 1 Thes text up in Greek.
I just looked up I Thess 4 up in 14 English translations and they are nearly exactly the same.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 (NKJV)
[sup]16 [/sup]For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. [sup]17 [/sup]Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
I just looked up I Thess 4 up in 14 English translations and they are nearly exactly the same.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 (NKJV)
[sup]16 [/sup]For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. [sup]17 [/sup]Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

Paul still doesn't teach a secret rapture.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Never said he did. Your statement was:

"No, you are confused. Paul does not teach a rapture, look your 1 Thes text up in Greek."

Paul does indeed teach a 'rapture'.

Where exactly does Paul teach a secret rapture? What are you saying when you use the term "rapture?" That word is the title of a whole doctrine.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010

Where exactly does Paul teach a secret rapture? What are you saying when you use the term "rapture?" That word is the title of a whole doctrine.
I didn't say SECRET. You did.

The term "rapture" refers to where God said:

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 (NKJV)
[sup]15 [/sup]For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. [sup]16 [/sup]For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. [sup]17 [/sup]Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

But I think you know that.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
I didn't say SECRET. You did.

The term "rapture" refers to where God said:

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 (NKJV)
[sup]15 [/sup]For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. [sup]16 [/sup]For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. [sup]17 [/sup]Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

But I think you know that.

The word "rapture" is from a Latin word not Greek. And usually when someone uses the term "rapture" they are referring to the doctrine not the Latin meaning "caught up," and that does not happen until the very end, the church does not leave early.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
The word "rapture" is from a Latin word not Greek.
That's irrelevant. The doctrine is clear.
And usually when someone uses the term "rapture" they are referring to the doctrine not the Latin meaning "caught up," and that does not happen until the very end, the church does not leave early.
And that's your opinion. Personally it doesn't matter to me. Being ready is what matters.