• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Vhttps://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=duncan+campbell+hebrides+revival&docid=608036098297565166&mid=37952C843EB487C5753A37952C843EB487C5753A&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Again, the story of the radical prayer vigils that triggered the revival are instructive. Two octogenarians of ailing health shamed the elders of a church to pray for hours on a regular basis. One of these women was blind and other was infirmed. So neither could attend church, but Oh could they pray!

Exactly.

@Gideons300. Hey, Gideon. I personally think the above is the ONE thing that is necessary. Certainly the church (and even the Spirit-filled church) is filled with sin, and strife and division. But this is simply a manifestation of the lack of being filled with the Spirit. Prayer would bring that in-filling back, and that is what is truly needed. That said, when the church finally fulfills the call to both prayer and fasting in Joel Chapter 2 is when we will finally turn the corner, IMO.

Unfortunately, I still don't see that happening anytime soon, so I think we have another couple of decades at least before the remnant of God consecrates themselves completely unto God in prayer, and the Spirit is then poured out as never before in the earth.

That's my take.

God bless,
- H

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly.

@Gideons300. Hey, Gideon. I personally think the above is the ONE thing that is necessary. Certainly the church (and even the Spirit-filled church) is filled with sin, and strife and division. But this is simply a manifestation of the lack of being filled with the Spirit. Prayer would bring that in-filling back, and that is what is truly needed. That said, when the church finally fulfills the call to both prayer and fasting in Joel Chapter 2 is when we will finally turn the corner, IMO.

Unfortunately, I still don't see that happening anytime soon, so I think we have another couple of decades at least before the remnant of God consecrates themselves completely unto God in prayer, and the Spirit is then poured out as never before in the earth.

That's my take.

God bless,
- H
I have never been a date setter. With that said, however, even a lost person can look at the condition the world is in, and doubt we can make it two more decades. Water pollution, air pollution, rampant sin, war, famine, a population that grow from 8 to 14 billion souls. We are arriving at a break point. If we are holding back God's hand because we are not inclined to pray or fast, what does that say about our own walks with God?

It is time to break before the Lord and confess it is OUR lukewarmness towards holiness, towards walking as living sacrifices that blocks revival from coming. It is us.... His own children, who are called to turn from our wicked ways and cry out like Paul did in Romans 7.

The world has an excuse for their behavior. We do not. To whom much is given, much is required. Judgment will start with us, not those we deem enemies of God. When that finally sinks in, and we stop trying to use grace as an excuse for our continuing in sin, we will discover how deep, how powerful, God's grace actually is.

blessings to you,

Gideon

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never been a date setter. With that said, however, even a lost person can look at the condition the world is in, and doubt we can make it two more decades. Water pollution, air pollution, rampant sin, war, famine, a population that grow from 8 to 14 billion souls. We are arriving at a break point.

You wouldn't think, but amazingly I think things can get worse; much worse.
If we are holding back God's hand because we are not inclined to pray or fast, what does that say about our own walks with God?

Well, we're not holding His hand back so much as we are holding ourselves back. He has desired the harvest for 2,000 years now, so He's a patient God. But praying that He send laborers - proper laborers who are fully anointed by the power of God - will need to take place. The reason is because the very ones who would pray the most are the ones who will be used to do the job.
It is time to break before the Lord and confess it is OUR lukewarmness towards holiness, towards walking as living sacrifices that blocks revival from coming. It is us.... His own children, who are called to turn from our wicked ways and cry out like Paul did in Romans 7.

Well yes, this is part of it in my mind as well. But holiness doesn't bring in the harvest, the power of God does. But both are a manifestation of giving ourselves to the Presence of God to a far greater degree. There is no holiness without the Holy Spirit, and we will not see the outpouring without prayer.
The world has an excuse for their behavior. We do not. To whom much is given, much is required. Judgment will start with us, not those we deem enemies of God. When that finally sinks in, and we stop trying to use grace as an excuse for our continuing in sin, we will discover how deep, how powerful, God's grace actually is.

blessings to you,

Gideon

Amen! And blessings to you as well. Great having you at this forum (in case no one else says it).

Peace in Christ,
- H