Rightly dividing the word of truth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
To divide is to understand, to show we do not understand, is what the wicked do, in every breath. ( the wicked one comes to catch the word away from being sown in their heart, so they are without understanding)

Daniel 12:10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

Matthew 13:19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

Romans 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

2 Peter 2:12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

Reactions: amadeus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To divide is to understand, to show we do not understand, is what the wicked do, in every breath. ( the wicked one comes to catch the word away from being sown in their heart, so they are without understanding)

Daniel 12:10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

Matthew 13:19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

Romans 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

2 Peter 2:12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
Who comes and steals the word away that is sown in Matthew? The “wicked one” so why not watch over that which is sown so it grows in understanding as Paul spoke of feeding them milk so they grow to bear the meat. Why is the one who lacks understanding and who is weak —being without strength always portrayed as the the bad guy and boasted against while ‘the strong ought to support the weak’ where not everyone has this same knowledge. To me it’s the “wick one” who comes to steal (forewarned of) in that verse YET Jesus said that day will not come upon you as a surprise if you are not drunk but awake: “to be sober” and “watch” …because you know that the thief comes “to steal” the word away sown unto those “weak” and “without knowledge”=the word that they may be “made strong” and “lacking nothing through the knowledge of Christ” = the thief comes to kill steal and destroy

1 Thessalonians 5:2-11 For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. [3] While people are saying, "There is peace and security," then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. [4] But you are not in darkness, brothers, for that day to surprise you like a thief. [5] For you are all children of light, children of the day. We are not of the night or of the darkness. [6] So then let us not sleep, as others do, but let us keep awake and be sober. [7] For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, are drunk at night. [8] But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmet the hope of salvation. [9] For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, [10] who died for us so that whether we are awake or asleep we might live with him. [11] Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.

Revelation 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watches and keeps his garments, lest he walks naked, and they see his shame.

Acts 20:30-31 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. [31] Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Who comes and steals the word away that is sown in Matthew? The “wicked one” so why not watch over that which is sown so it grows in understanding as Paul spoke of feeding them milk so they grow to bear the meat.
Paul did more than spoke. ( to show who to hear)

1 Corinthians 4:11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;
12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:
13 Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.
14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

2 Corinthians 6:4 But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve always heard to ‘rightly divide the word of truth’ is one’s understanding in all sorts of “rightly dividing’ of the Bible. or ‘rightly dividing’ ones understanding on end times theology…but all those things we debate over under ‘to rightly divide the word of truth’…

Reading this last night truly helped put perspective on “to rightly divide the word of truth’ = ‘to divide your bread with the hungry’. Or ‘to break bread’ … ‘do this in Remembrance of Me until I come’.

It made all the squabbles disappear where I just set there thinking … I never thought of ‘to rightly divide the word of truth’ as ‘For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: 1 Corinthians 11:23

1 Corinthians 11:24And when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

Reactions: amadeus

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
What is true is to see them do the word, or they are deceived their own selves/lovers of their own selves..

2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.

James 1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul did more than spoke. ( to show who to hear)

1 Corinthians 4:11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;
12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:
13 Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.
14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

2 Corinthians 6:4 But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
I get Paul did more than spoke it.
When the Corinthians were blaming and accusing them as reprobates, as being those “who fail” …wanting proof Christ spoke in Paul.

Paul was willing to be weak so they could be made strong. He knew he still yet appeared unto them as ‘a reprobate’ and ‘as one who fails’ yet Paul trusted and had Faith in Christ being formed in them that “they would see” “Christ does not fail” … Paul was willing to be weak so they could do as the Father —-the Father they said was their Father which is in heaven who loves not only those who loves Him but loves also those who hate Him. Paul urged them to ‘be perfected’ in ‘although he appeared to them as a reprobate’ the Fathers ‘perfection’ is He does no wrong to not only those who are ‘good’, but God also does ‘good’ to those who do no good. Paul urges them to “do no wrong. To do what is right.” Even though …he appears to them as “weak” and “as one who fails” and this Paul was willing to endure —their hardness of heart so that Christ could be formed in them.

^
To me that is active Faith in the face of being accused by your own flesh just as Jesus Christ was. Paul to me models and ‘walks in’ the same example as when they told Jesus Christ to prove the Father was in Him. They kept spitting and accusing and demanding “if you be the Son” yet Jesus Christ was showing them the Son. Same with Paul they want proof of the Spirit in Paul and Paul is giving them what they ask for in being weak that they be made strong.

We can talk all day about it’s “actively living it”
And throw out a bunch of scriptures
But how many of us would stand in the face of being accused and berated, and stand there for those accusing and berating us to be made strong in Him? How many of us are willing to become weak that others be made strong(perfected)? “My strength is perfected in weakness.” We may say …yea yea we do active living it. Throwing a bunch of condemning verses about those not actively living it. What’s the motive?

Last edited:

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Slow to speak is slow to wrath, and swift to hear, nothing more to say.

James 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

James 3:14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.
J

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is true is to see them do the word, or they are deceived their own selves/lovers of their own selves..

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.

James 1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

Slow to speak is slow to wrath, and swift to hear, nothing more to say.

James 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

James 3:14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.
J
Ok. All helpful passages to read.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can we be certain that to “rightly divide the word of truth” is not “to divide your bread with the hungry”?

“to divide” is “to break bread”
Precious friend, never heard that before, but upon further consideration, may
it possibly have a spiritual application? - ie:

"Study to show thyself approved Unto God, a workman that needeth not
to be ashamed, Rightly Dividing The Word Of Truth." (2 Timothy 2:15 AV)
Now, after the "Approved workman" has 'studied' prayerfully and Carefully in
accordance with the above, then, further Approved 'action' would then be to
"break [ spiritual Truth ] bread" with others, for encouragement and edification?
- by sharing "Rightly Divided" examples? - ie:

What think ye?

Amen.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friend, never heard that before, but upon further consideration, may
it possibly have a spiritual application? - ie:

"Study to show thyself approved Unto God, a workman that needeth not
to be ashamed, Rightly Dividing The Word Of Truth." (2 Timothy 2:15 AV)
Now, after the "Approved workman" has 'studied' prayerfully and Carefully in
accordance with the above, then, further Approved 'action' would then be to
"break [ spiritual Truth ] bread" with others, for encouragement and edification?
- by sharing "Rightly Divided" examples? - ie:

What think ye?

Amen.
It’s encouraging to me. Thank you! It’s helpful what you shared above. All of it, love —break [ spiritual Truth ] bread" with others, for encouragement and edification?
^ makes me also think of somewhere (can’t remember where) it speaking of “this is for your health”

Found it *
Acts 27:34-36… I pray you to take some meat: for this is for your health: for there shall not an hair fall from the head of any of you. [35] And when he had spoken, he took bread, and gave thanks to God in presence of them all: and when he had broken it, he began to eat. [36] Then were they all of good cheer, and they also took some meat.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Encouragement is predicted from only these sources at the end time:

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

2 Peter 2:18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.

Jude 1:16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Encouragement is predicted from only these sources at the end time:

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

2 Peter 2:18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.

Jude 1:16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.
What do you mean “encouragement is predicted from only these source at the end times” ?
False teachers
DamnableHeresies
Great swelling words of vanity
Wantonness
Murmurers
Complainers
Walking after their own lust
Men’s person in admiration because of advantage…. Encourage from these sources ? these are destructive and the opposite of encouragement and edification instead they eat away (be careful you don’t bite and devour one another) the body like a disease or plague. Not for edification but for the destruction of “their own flesh” (imo)

Your post does make me consider the Lords’ table where Paul spoke of their coming together not for the better, but for the worse. “I praise you not!” —like the above “men’s person in admiration because of advantage” … not “discerning the Lord’s body”: one goes away drunk, and another goes away hungry. No rightly diving of the word of truth, no discerning of the Lord’s body…
Consider “is it not to divide your bread with the hungry”? Yet one is drunk and another goes away hungry from coming together for the worse in “not discerning the Lord’s body”. It seems to me there is no “rightly diving the word of truth” …in this no discerning of the Lord’s body, this is why many of you sleep and are sickly.

If we consider one goes away from the Lords table drunk, and another hungry…and many of you sleep “and are sickly”.

Rightly diving the word of truth
Discerning the Lord’s body
To divide your bread with the hungry …

Isaiah 58:7 : "Is it not to divide your bread with the hungry And bring the homeless poor into the house; When you see the naked, to cover him; And not to hide yourself from your own flesh?

Isaiah 58:8 : "Then your light will break out like the dawn, And your recovery will speedily spring forth(heath of the body, where many of you sleep and are sickly); And your righteousness will go before you; The glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.

Can’t leave off:
Isaiah 58:9 Then you will call, and the LORD will answer; you will cry, and he will say, Here I am. If you remove “take away” “put off” “the old man and his ways” from the midst of you the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;

Last edited:

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Encouragement is from these sources:

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Matthew 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Matthew 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

Acts 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Now, that is where encouragement comes from.

But, where is sincerity left, when there is that falling away now and everybody chooses fables...

2 Thessalonians 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

2 Timothy 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Encouragement is from these sources:

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Matthew 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Matthew 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

Acts 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

Proverbs 24:1-3 do not envious (spiteful nor bitter) against evil men, nor desire to be with them. (Because in bitter, spite waiting to their destruction you may be one with them) 2] For their heart studies destruction, and their lips talk of mischief. [3] Through wisdom is an house built; and by understanding it is established:

I’m not sure why you quote the verses and highlight what you have highlighted as being encouraging… have I misunderstood what you are trying to say?

I don’t want to study destruction… to study what destroys — to study ‘to kill, steal and destroy’ as pleasurable encouragement. Have I misunderstood? Although I’m very familiar with what destroys and what is reaped out of sowing bad seed because I’ve destroyed and seen the fruit of death that comes out of what is sown and can relate to those things I’m now ashamed of.

I genuinely don’t find encouragement in:
Broad is the way to destruction
Or they shut up the kingdom and do not allow those trying to enter in, to enter in although they themselves also don’t enter in. (When He said “few find it” I don’t think that was praise but pointing to “few find it” because men stand in the way of others “entering in”. That isn’t a praise worthy thing (Imo). Followed by they will try to make the way not seen and prevent others from entering.
Making proselytes
Two fold they will receive making them (an idol) worse than themselves. Regurgitating their same damnable heresies…wolves that don’t spare the flock. Perilous times, when men will be lovers of their own selves —high minded (spiritual wickedness in high places, vain imaginations) —false prophets, through coveting they make merchandise of you.

Paul spoke of what he had been given of God was not for their destruction but for their edification. I really don’t understand what is encouraging about those things that destroy (consume)the body. Can you explain to me how it’s encouraging for example to hear “wolves will come in not sparing the flock”?

This is encouraging to me: And they that shall be of you shall build the old waste places: you shall raise up the foundations of many generations; and you will be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in. Isaiah 58:12
^like when they mocked Jesus Christ saying “this fellow said he would destroy God’s temple, and rebuild it in three days”
As far as I see He corrected them telling them: they destroy the Temple of God… He will rebuild (restore) it.
Point is…I don’t see encouragement in their destroying the temple of God.
I see encouragement in His rebuilding (restoring) the temple of God. Which points to the word “edification”.
Ephesians 4:15-16 But speak the truth in love, that the body may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: [16] From whom the whole body is joined together and compacted (tempered) by that which every joint supplies, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, making increase of the body (unto salvation) the edifying of itself in love.

In addition, can’t leave off:
Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Last edited:

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Yes it is encouraging to be encouraged on forums where men cant control their text/tongues. What else do they do in life all can wonder.

James 1:26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Here is encouragement:

Luke 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Matthew 11:12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

Matthew 22:8 Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.
9 Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
14 For many are called, but few are chosen.