Role of women in church and the household

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In The Lord, there is neither MALE nor FEMALE (Galatians 3:28).
Whilst that is true, in the context of the discussion it has no relevance as this verse has nothing to do with leadership of the local congregation. If you read the context of the verse you will find that it relates to our standing as sons of God and how God sees us. This applies to every believer, not just a select few who are in leadership. In essense the chapter is telling us that we are seen and accepted by God as his sons through Jesus, we are not seen as a man or woman, a jew or gentile, slave or free. Therefore we cannot claim any credence before God based on these other criteria.

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
(thisistheendtimes;49633)
In The Lord, there is neither MALE nor FEMALE (Galatians 3:28).HUSBANDS, make no mistake about it, The Lord will repay you for how you mistreated your wife (honor and cherish, "one flesh").
And He will also "repay" disobedient, stiff-necked, hard-to-get-along-with, dragon wives as well.(I have a friend who has one, and I can't say that I envy him).9It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house. Proverbs 21:919 Better to live in a wilderness than with a nagging and hot-tempered wife. Proverbs 21:19 4 A wife of noble character is her husband's crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones. Proverbs 12:4So, PLEASE, ladies, be kind to your husbands. God is watching your behavior as well.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In The Lord, there is neither MALE nor FEMALE (Galatians 3:28).HUSBANDS, make no mistake about it, The Lord will repay you for how you mistreated your wife (honor and cherish, "one flesh").
This verse has nothing to do with husband and wife relationships and cannot be used to make a point in this respect.