Romans 1:2-

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:16
KJV 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
NHEB 16 For I am not ashamed of the Good News, for it is the power of God for salvation for everyone who believes; for the Jew first, and also for the Greek.

These are my thoughts.
We should not be ashamed of the gospel but boldly live and proclaim it.

Reactions: Sword

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom (KJV)
1:2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,).

These are my thoughts.
The promises of God were given from long ago people may have forgotten them but God keeps His promises no matter who remembers them.

that's absolutely true Clark. thing is in the case of the fulfillment of God's Word no one has to be there for it to be fulfilled, but God Himself. case in point, creation. and most importantly He is the only One who can fulfill His Word to His own satisfaction. who understands His will and how it shall be fulfilled but Him? you see this today in discussions about revelations and such. no one knows how or when but the Lord God Himself, even Jesus reiterates that only the Father knows.

Reactions: Pisteuo
Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:17

KJV 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

NHEB 17 For in it is revealed God's righteousness from faith to faith. As it is written, "But the righteous shall live by faith."

These are my thoughts.

We are just because of our believe in our righteous Savior Jesus.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:18

KJV 18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

NHEB 18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

These are my thoughts.

God’s wrath is be poured on the wicked, those who don’t walk after Him, after the Truth.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:19

KJV 19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

NHEB 19 because what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.

These are my thoughts.

It is such a blessing that God reveals things to us, this doesn’t happen all at once but He keeps doing this as we walk with Him, constantly showing us things.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:20
KJV 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
NHEB 20 For since the creation of the world his invisible attributes, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made. So they are without excuse.

These are my thoughts.
God was good even before the world began.

jimd

Oct 14, 2017
catawissa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:20
KJV 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
NHEB 20 For since the creation of the world his invisible attributes, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made. So they are without excuse.
To me this is key to understanding and answering the question: What about all those people who never heard of the Lord? In chapter 2: Paul has quiet a lot more to say on this subject.

Reactions: Job
Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:21
KJV 21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
NHEB 21 Because, although they knew God, they did not glorify him as God or give him thanks, but their thinking became nonsense, and their foolish heart was darkened.

These are my thoughts.
We need to be different and in all things we do, glorify God.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is this supposed to be a look at the truth in scripture or the thoughts of Clark Thompson? Clark, when it comes to scripture study your thoughts aren't the answers, its the knowledge understanding and wisdom of God that one should be looking for, isn't it?

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:22
KJV 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
NHEB 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

These are my thoughts.
Fools often want to look wise, do we simply want to settle for letting people be convinced we are wise or do we want to strive for biblical wisdom?

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:23
KJV 23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
NHEB 23 and traded the glory of the incorruptible God for the likeness of an image of corruptible man, and of birds, and four-footed animals, and crawling creatures.

These are my thoughts.
People turned to idols, we don’t have to turn to idols of life because we can have a personal walk and relationship with the Lord.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:24

KJV 24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

NHEB 24 Therefore God also abandoned them in the lusts of their hearts to uncleanness, that their bodies should be dishonored among themselves,

These are my thoughts.

We don’t want God to do this to us; we should want to deliver from sin not delivered to sin.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:25

KJV 25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. NHEB 25 who exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

These are my thoughts.

Man follows after false truths and things that make them feel better but by doing this they miss real blessing.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:26

KJV 26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

NHEB 26 For this reason, God abandoned them to their degrading passions. For their women changed the natural function into that which is against nature.

These are my thoughts.

We don’t want to fall away from God to our sinful desires but let Him lead our desires to a place that glorifies Him.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:27

KJV 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

NHEB 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural function of the woman, burned in their lust toward one another, men doing what is inappropriate with men, and receiving in themselves the due penalty of their error.

These are my thoughts.

Shame this is signal that helps us know wrong, sadly we are living in a society that doesn’t want people to have shame and sin is often accepted as a result.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:28

KJV 28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

NHEB 28 Even as they refused to have God in their knowledge, God abandoned them to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not fitting;

These are my thoughts.

We need to have our minds on the Lord because we don’t want this to happen to us.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:29

KJV 29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

NHEB 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil habits, secret slanderers,

These are my thoughts.

We are not to be filled with these things but be filled with the Spirit.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)

Romans 1:2 Living Bible (TLB)

2 This Good News was promised long ago by God’s prophets in the Old Testament.

Living Bible (TLB) The Living Bible copyright © 1971 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.
The promises of God were given from long ago people may have forgotten them but God keeps His promises no matter who remembers them.

Yes, His prophecies through His OT prophets will come to pass as written, as that's what that verse you quoted is about.

Some in today's Church think they can change Christ bringing the end of this world if they could get more of the world to believe. Nothing wrong with preaching Christ, but that kind of vanity doesn't belong with it. There are reasons why God showed through His elect that this present world is reserved to perish by fire (2 Pet.3). According to Apostle Peter, we are to prepare our minds for that coming destruction, being expectant of the good things of the world to come under Christ Jesus.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:30

KJV 30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

NHEB 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

These are my thoughts.

These are actions of the flesh and thru Christ we aren’t to live this way.

Albert Finch

Apr 13, 2009
Houston, Texas USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KJV Romans 1:6 - "Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ."

The blood of Jesus not only purchased our souls, but also our destiny and holy calling in Him. We have a responsibility to understand our personal holy calling in Christ and duty to be the agency by which the Lord carries out His blueprint on the earth through the empowering of His Spirit.

2 Timothy 1:9, "God...who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began."

The term "holy calling" could also be interpreted "sacred DESTINY." The Lord considers it a sacred thing for us to enter into the divinely ordained function that He has destined for us. The prophet David once said, "Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; and in Your book were all written the days that were ordained for me when as yet there was not one of them." The same blood that purchased our salvation also secured a DESTINY for us as individuals.