Rome

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ha whenever I see this it gives me pause, and I prolly say it five times a day lol. All are decieved is what now comes to mind. Also sense and nonsense, scribes, and speaking in tongues

In this context I notice that we can't even seem to agree how many women were under the cross? So, not to detract from a likely good point, but I'm sure you would also agree that wisdom is hidden from the wise

and great story imo, but if possible I'd like to ask that we avoid the rcc specifically as much as possible here, as the truth about Rome is prolly um flammable enough?
Making mountains out of mole hills and molehills out of mountains is the standard MO of ignorance.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The populace was decimated nonetheless I guess

Guessing is not allowed ;) What historical books have you read that said the roman empire routinly decimated the population?
Any books telling you that is wrong. Think, the roman empire was like today, the government wanted tax revenue, recuits and people to make/buy products.
Yes the population of the city of rome was a drain on the empire as it was fed a 'dole' of bread and entertained with 'circuses', but there was no systimatic killing of the population.

After a failled revolt more plebs would be sold as slaves then excuted, again economics recoup the cost of the war.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Making mountains out of mole hills and molehills out of mountains is the standard MO of ignorance.
Well, you might be right there I don't know, I only meant to invoke an example, that seemed pertinent in this context. I understand you prolly currently put that--the discrepancies in the number of women under the cross in our Bibles--down to diffs in personal accounts, something like "well, he saw this while Luke saw that," a logical conclusion certainly, and one that I would never dispute with you irl, ok.

But in here I can suggest that there is a good reason for the discrepancies, and that they were even intentional, and meant to pose a riddle to any who seek. Now you are certainly within your rights to disregard this, and as you say it might be a molehill. But it might also be a riddle that unlocks important new information.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Guessing is not allowed ;) What historical books have you read that said the roman empire routinly decimated the population?
Any books telling you that is wrong. Think, the roman empire was like today, the government wanted tax revenue, recuits and people to make/buy products.
Yes the population of the city of rome was a drain on the empire as it was fed a 'dole' of bread and entertained with 'circuses', but there was no systimatic killing of the population.

After a failled revolt more plebs would be sold as slaves then excuted, again economics recoup the cost of the war.
you are def entitled to your opinion ok, we might even say that there is no systematic killing of our pop now, and just don't look too close at armed forces suicides, or the rise of autism or the explosion of Crohns and IBD, etc. All state-sanctioned undertakings imo, all commenced on purpose, all vigorously defended even in light of new information, all of the signs are there iow.

Cassini is a household word, and the guy who was actually correct, who can even remember?

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"
Setting the captives free

Rome is a dead end in more ways than one, and this primarily because its core passions are not supported by natural evolution. Nature does not support an evolution from natural, non-centralized empire (prokaryote) to political empire (eukaryote) to an even bigger and more rigid empire, with a bigger and more rigid nucleus and ever expanding constitutional code. Nature is rigged to produce diversity and to level out concentrations of energy by means of the second law of thermodynamics. That's why, sooner or later, every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain be made low, the crooked straight, and the rough places plain (Isaiah 40:4). Rome must end for the same reason why your coffee gets cold, and the Hebrews knew this.

The fate of Rome (or any large federation or fortune) is to fall apart into non-centralized clusters of much smaller states that are all founded on the same principles. These principles have to be natural or else they will produce a society as unstable as that of Rome. And the joined identities of these nations will form a collective identity that none of the separate states could have designed but in which all states feel perfectly received and expressed. We're talking about, of course, the social equivalent of a multi-cellular organism.

Pax Romana was the pinnacle of nations being in uproar and the devisement of a vain thing against the Creator and his anointed (Psalm 2:1-2). But his prophets saw that the real desire of the nations would come (Haggai 2:7). It's not a matter of human intent or even sapience but a natural effect that has been ordained since the beginning of the world, which the universe is designed to produce. John the Revelator saw the river of life and the tree of life whose leaves were for the healing of the nations (Revelation 22:2). Abraham's blessing was to be for all the nations (Genesis 22:18), and Jesus instructed his people to turn entire nations into his disciples (Matthew 28:19, also see 25:32).

The Hebrews seem to have concluded that humanity is designed to function as nations (which are essentially large family groups), which in turn are based on natural law, which in turn make the members feel as if there is no law at all. The effect of being able to follow natural law is freedom, and it's for freedom that Christ has set us free (Galatians 5:1).

Mary is the society that understands that every person is equally valuable, and no single human person is able to foretell what the whole of us is capable of (Isaiah 64:4, 1 Corinthians 2:9). In a Marian society, people are occupied with the compass of their own talents, and the search to bind themselves onto others into human molecules, to form production companies, art houses and schools of scientific inquiry, which are the "nations" the Bible speaks of. These "nations" form naturally when human atoms are free.

Rome is xenophobic and will narrow the range of the acceptable until only one person remains. Mary is xenophilic and will incorporate all persons into a new world that no single person can comprehend. Rome promotes competition that leads to one winner and countless losers. Mary promotes cooperation that leads to maximum entropy. In Rome we do as we're told. In Mary we do what we want..."

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And a reminder here, being as how we read looking for facts and proof, that this is an interpretation. You don't have to agree with everything in it, I certainly don't. Test, and keep what is good imo. Fwiw I hated this at first bc of the apparent place given to Mary--"Marie" in Hebrew btw--and my anti-Catholic upbringing

Also, we have a bias @ the term "natural" now that may not comport with such passages as gave up the natural for the unnatural, etc. Iow in other spots the term "natural" is used differently, in a dialectic rendering, to mean something more like "habit" or "socially acceptable" or something

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
what do you lack in the moment? Not that I don't empathize with the perspective of course
Why is it that we cannot discuss what it is we lack? I lack...a mommy, to make everything ok like when I was a kid; I lack um a maid, and a servant, and I lack the feeling MDMA gives me, why can't life be like MDMA

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you are def entitled to your opinion ok, we might even say that there is no systematic killing of our pop now, and just don't look too close at armed forces suicides, or the rise of autism or the explosion of Crohns and IBD, etc. All state-sanctioned undertakings imo, all commenced on purpose, all vigorously defended even in light of new information, all of the signs are there iow.

Cassini is a household word, and the guy who was actually correct, who can even remember?
Did you miss the apparent effort to streamline it all in another place by doing away with any unwanted unborn children right up to the point they are about to see the light. Could this also be counted by some, or intended by some, to be a purposeful decimation of that potential portion of the population?

Reactions: bbyrd009

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When reading that resume, apart from the specific names therein, one could be forgiven for wondering what Rome you were writing about...pagan or Papal.
Cut from the same cloth indeed....then and today...quite a hard case you are Brakelite...cheers again and blessings to you and your family

APAK

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Did you miss the apparent effort to streamline it all in another place by doing away with any unwanted unborn children right up to the point they are about to see the light. Could this also be counted by some, or intended by some, to be a purposeful decimation of that potential portion of the population?
Literal homosexuality also seems to invariably arise in those places, historically speaking, too. When homosexuality becomes socially acceptable, the society has entered the Decadence stage; from which no society emerges, or has yet anyway...

hmm, look what I found, Cyrene in a bit diff light,
"The ancient Greeks relied upon the herb silphium as an abortifacient and contraceptive. The plant, as the chief export of Cyrene, was driven to extinction, but it is suggested that it might have possessed the same abortive properties as some of its closest extant relatives in the family Apiaceae.

Silphium was so central to the Cyrenian economy that most of its coins were embossed with an image of the plant.[18] Pliny the Elder (23–79 AD)..." History of abortion | Wikiwand

"Demand for its contraceptive use was reported to have led to its extinction in the third or second century BCE.[11]..." from the sylphium link
dang I'll be here all day now lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and amadeus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
buzzed off, have you? Sure you wouldn't like to explore how to get rid of demons real quick?
bc it's amazing, works every single time!
:D

God is awesome lol.
And my apologies ok miss mog? IRL I would of course just ignore you like I'm sure everyone else does already, but in a forum I guess/hope some allowances must be made. I hold no grudges here ok, I know you're just trying to make more good little fascists.

beelzebub

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, guess I should have used the ref from the passage that discusses that, when I recall the keywords I'll bring it back...somethingsomething "to your destruction" or something I think

“Seized”?
Abased.?
Plucked up.?
Brought low?
Daniel 4:32
And they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field: they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen, and seven times shall pass over thee, until thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
“Seized”?
Abased.?
Plucked up.?
Brought low?
And they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field: they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen, and seven times shall pass over thee, until thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will.
one similar to basically "they will try to separate you" prolly from "the flock" or something similar, pretty plain, although the ost...the apparent subject might be diff. Just read it in the last week, NT

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Literal homosexuality also seems to invariably arise in those places, historically speaking, too. When homosexuality becomes socially acceptable, the society has entered the Decadence stage; from which no society emerges, or has yet anyway...
And as homosexuality has become so socially acceptable what is happening with regard to the acceptability of real followers of Christ? I purposely don't say Christians, because of changed and changing meaning of the word, Christian, and the people to whom it is sometimes applied. I guess that these so-called Christians have moved far enough away in their... should we say, decadence, that they fit in pretty well with the now acceptable homosexuals. But consider:

"And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth." Gen 11:4

But the top of the tower was NOT what they thought that it was... In their conclusion they were confused:

"Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech." Gen 11:7

hmm, look what I found, Cyrene in a bit diff light,
"The ancient Greeks relied upon the herb silphium as an abortifacient and contraceptive. The plant, as the chief export of Cyrene, was driven to extinction, but it is suggested that it might have possessed the same abortive properties as some of its closest extant relatives in the family Apiaceae.

Silphium was so central to the Cyrenian economy that most of its coins were embossed with an image of the plant.[18] Pliny the Elder (23–79 AD)..." History of abortion | Wikiwand

"Demand for its contraceptive use was reported to have led to its extinction in the third or second century BCE.[11]..." from the sylphium link
dang I'll be here all day now lol

Would the extinction of this herb [and the society of Cyrene] indicate somehow a type of shadow of something in our society today? Or if not the society as a whole then the churches [not the Church]? Are people working to kill the Church which they either hate and/or have misidentified found themselves really killing themselves? Homosexual relations produce no children. Abortions kill children who are produced.

Is anyone in this world of men, planet Earth, concerned with population control? It would seem that some are, but seemingly not many in the fastest growing places [ 10 Effective Ways to Control Population ]

No, don't leave yet. It may however take longer than all day to properly diagnose and/or solve the problems involved! But then...

"This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
But the top of the tower was NOT what they thought that it was... In their conclusion they were confused:

"Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech." Gen 11:7
Nice connection imo there A, we generally assume God like interfered or performed some action there, like hardening Pharaoh's heart huh

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice connection imo there A, we generally assume God like interfered or performed some action there, like hardening Pharaoh's heart huh
People often want to blame or criticize God on the one hand while trying to explain Him on the other. The Word of God did NOT begin when the first man was anointed by God to write scripture. Before the creation any man the Word was already established with blessings and curses as we may understand here:

"Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse;
A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day:
And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known." Deut 11:26-28

What I see is it all in place as man begins to observe it [or not]. Every blessing and every curse is already available for someone able to see and with access. What they receive is, and always has been, up to them. Some people it seems decide what they want and pursue that without careful consideration or without asking of God. God allowed the children of Israel the king they desired: blessing or curse? ...Or some combination thereof...

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
“Seized”?
Abased.?
Plucked up.?
Brought low?
Um but I guess that Daniel ref def plays in there, I think I've even seen that manifest, might even be a good idea to explore what that king did to get there?

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What Helena went to look for

With all that talk of natural liberation going on, Rome needed a critical mass of people willing to uphold the nonsense of its pantheon. Its key ingredient, of course, was that Roman gods were essentially capricious, and ruled mankind on their merry whims, and that the emperor was their earthly representative, and thus endowed with the equally capricious right of kings. Jews (including Marian Jews) didn't think so and neither felt like giving into Rome's demands, which is why Rome and its copycat regimes, such as that of Nazi Germany, hated them with such passion. Regimes that are based on grids hate people who won't stand in line.

Their crime was officially called "atheism," which became "a charge on which many others who drifted into Jewish ways were condemned," wrote Cassius Dio around 200 AD (Hist.67.14). It's not often emphasized but the original Jesus movement did not simply demand that there was only one God, but rather that the only law was natural law. Unfortunately for Rome, nature is stronger than the emperor, and the Marian sect grew increasingly strong and, along with the Stoic ideas of humanism and decency, threatened to destabilize the Roman way of life. Fortunately for Rome, young Constantine had a cunning plan.

Emperor Constantine the Great was a life-long devotee of the cult of Sol Invictus (the Invincible Sun), and he cleverly deflated the natural liberation movement by applying its signature names and phrases to the core elements of the Roman Imperial cult. So doing he diverted its painstakingly wrought social energies into a revived version of the time honored paganism of Rome. The pantheon of demigods now became called saints (deified humans), the divine and elite political hierarchy was dubbed clergy, amulets became icons, magic chants became prayers, spells became blessings and invocations curses, and of course the divine representative of the Pantokrator was the holy emperor himself! The world of the Lord of Life is based on natural economy and thus diversity (Galatians 2:11) but Constantine turned it into a graven image that grew ever more rigid; Christianity's library of immutable doctrines took the place of Rome' rows of marble idols...