Root Of All Evil?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Combine86

Aug 24, 2009
Greetings,

This documentary "Root of all Evil" by Richard Dawkin was shown on our State National Television network which prides itself in showing quality documentaries or so they claim, note that most of them are about demonizing the USA, Religion and Capitalism and the network is 100% funded by taxpayer money. I didn't bother to watch this vid at first since a documentary trying to prove that Religion or more specifically the Judeo Christian Faith as the root of all evil is quite silly and strikes me as just plain hateful. But most of my friends and co students find this documentary to be truth, and after watching it, its quite horrible that someone takes this extremist seriously. He is constantly trying to show all of Christianity as fundamentalist creationist crusaders and trying to prove that every Christian interprets Genesis as literally truth, and in doing so hurts the children for life and creates a perpetual state of misery and genocide in the world. He believes that only Christians, Jews and Muslims indoctrinate as he says their children, and that Atheists on the other hand are not, he claims only Good Christians are capable of evil, while Good Atheists is not. I could go on but you get the picture. I’am very much interested in hearing feedback on this documentary and its arguments, and if you haven’t seen it I would advise you too, you can watch it on youtube Root of all Evil. I wouldn’t pay this documentary any time at all, but since it was shown several times on our state channel I consider it quite an attack on religion and as extreme atheists propaganda.

JarBreaker

Apr 6, 2010
Greetings,

This documentary "Root of all Evil" by Richard Dawkin was shown on our State National Television network which prides itself in showing quality documentaries or so they claim, note that most of them are about demonizing the USA, Religion and Capitalism and the network is 100% funded by taxpayer money. I didn't bother to watch this vid at first since a documentary trying to prove that Religion or more specifically the Judeo Christian Faith as the root of all evil is quite silly and strikes me as just plain hateful. But most of my friends and co students find this documentary to be truth, and after watching it, its quite horrible that someone takes this extremist seriously. He is constantly trying to show all of Christianity as fundamentalist creationist crusaders and trying to prove that every Christian interprets Genesis as literally truth, and in doing so hurts the children for life and creates a perpetual state of misery and genocide in the world. He believes that only Christians, Jews and Muslims indoctrinate as he says their children, and that Atheists on the other hand are not, he claims only Good Christians are capable of evil, while Good Atheists is not. I could go on but you get the picture. I’am very much interested in hearing feedback on this documentary and its arguments, and if you haven’t seen it I would advise you too, you can watch it on youtube Root of all Evil. I wouldn’t pay this documentary any time at all, but since it was shown several times on our state channel I consider it quite an attack on religion and as extreme atheists propaganda.

I am as saddened and disturbed as you seem to be by these more vocal atheists today, it has reached a point in some segments of society that these figures are almost elevated to pop star status.

Anyway, im new here and still finding my way around and trying to catch up on some recent topics as I have time. There is a lot to be said about this subject though, so maybe I can bring more info to this later.

evanom

May 8, 2010
Bogota Colombia
Remember, Satan is the prince of this world (system). He has the channels, the means, the funding to distribute his lies mainstream around the globe. Dawkins needs salvation as much as the next guy. He is also a victim (albeit a very irritating victim, a victim of Satan nonetheless). Never underestimate the power of prayer (especially long-term prayer). Pray for those who are blinded and enslaved by Satan, and study the WOrd so to defend it wisely and non-religiously against those who come against you.

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
Richard Dawkins is a goon. I really can't stand the guy because never debates real Christian apologists. IMHO, he's the hero of the stupid. I have no other way of wording things when it comes to this clown. :angry: