Militant atheists: Don't they have something productive to do?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Saint of Light

Aug 22, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“In God We Trust” is the official motto of the United States. It is also printed on our currency. For some asinine reason, atheists in America think it is an infringement against their human rights and a violation of the First Amendment. But such logic is not logically consistent: Given that Jews, Christians, and Muslims all adhere to the same deity, the motto isn’t exclusionary to any particular religion. Nor does is it constitute abuse against the human rights of nonbelievers. Fortunately a judge tossed out a lawsuit initiated by militant atheists who sought to remove the motto from the US currency. U.S. court rejects atheists' appeal over 'In God We Trust' on money One must ask: Don’t these militant atheists have better things to do?

I want everyone to know that I trust in God. I’m going through a situation that is bad, to say the least. The entire time, though, I trust God’s judgement: I know he is looking out for me and searching for a way out. By putting my trust in him, I will eventually come out free; this I know for sure.

Anyway, what does everyone think about militant atheists? There are so many productive things they could be doing. Or maybe they could get a hobby instead of trying to snuff out any example of faith, even when it isn’t a violation of the First Amendment. They are motivated by hatred of God.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“In God We Trust” is the official motto of the United States. It is also printed on our currency. For some asinine reason, atheists in America think it is an infringement against their human rights and a violation of the First Amendment. But such logic is not logically consistent: Given that Jews, Christians, and Muslims all adhere to the same deity, the motto isn’t exclusionary to any particular religion. Nor does is it constitute abuse against the human rights of nonbelievers. Fortunately a judge tossed out a lawsuit initiated by militant atheists who sought to remove the motto from the US currency. U.S. court rejects atheists' appeal over 'In God We Trust' on money One must ask: Don’t these militant atheists have better things to do?

I want everyone to know that I trust in God. I’m going through a situation that is bad, to say the least. The entire time, though, I trust God’s judgement: I know he is looking out for me and searching for a way out. By putting my trust in him, I will eventually come out free; this I know for sure.

Anyway, what does everyone think about militant atheists? There are so many productive things they could be doing. Or maybe they could get a hobby instead of trying to snuff out any example of faith, even when it isn’t a violation of the First Amendment. They are motivated by hatred of God.
Can you define "militant" ?

Jericho

Aug 10, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My thought is, why do they care so much about something they don't belive in? I've often wondered if atheism could survive without theism. Athemism is basically the anthesis of thesism. Without theism, atheism loses its foil, its reason for being.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

ATHEISTS DESERVE THEIR OWN HOLIDAY—NOTHINGDAY​

“Robert Tiernan, a spokesman for the Freedom from Religion Foundation, is demanding that atheists be represented in next year’s Parade of Lights in Denver. He wants a ‘winter solstice’ float instead of a Christian one. He deserves better.

“Atheists deserve to have their own holiday—Nothingday—the purpose of which would be to honor what they believe in, which is absolutely nothing. Nothingday would be held on the day of the winter solstice and would be celebrated by holding nationwide conferences explicitly designed to accomplish nothing.

“For example, there would be seminars and workshops on the virtue of standing for nothing. Participants would be invited to watch a video on the meaning of Nothingday and would then discover—to their utter delight—that there’s nothing on the tape.

Tables outside conference rooms would be set up, though there would be nothing on them.
Breakout sessions would allow participants to huddle in corners for the express purpose of doing nothing.
When they reassemble, their team leader would be able to report that they have accomplished absolutely nothing. Naturally, no minutes would be kept.

“They would then repair to the cocktail lounge where they would all be given empty glasses. Dinner would follow, though nothing would be served. At the awards ceremony, those who best represent the spirit of nothing would, of course, be given nothing for their efforts. Best of all, the keynote speaker wouldn’t open his mouth, allowing everyone to just sit there, staring endlessly into space.

“Quite frankly, this sounds a heck of a lot better than the conferences I’ve been to.”