Rule Clarification On Denominational Threads & Posts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
Brother Mike said:
For one, the debate forum is just that. Debates. Can someone debate without getting personally upset? The Whole debate forum is based on denominational beliefs. Being a Kenneth Copeland supporter and part of the Word of Faith group I find myself a target all the time, but I knew this coming in.

Denominational Responsibility and Maturity.

I think it reasonable that someone who believes in Rapture, is Catholic, Is Word of faith, should expect some opposition. To think they will not get opposition means they have their head in the sand.

I think we should focus on Personal attacks against someones love of God, or their standing in the book of life. To personally attack someone should be stopped right away.

It is one thing to say "Not Tithing" is stealing. It's something else to put down someone and call them a thief, and someone that does not love God. I think the tone should be accounted for also if the line is sort of crossed.

Example:
Well, go ahead and just steal that tithe from God, with that extra money, I am sure you can send a gift my way.

As opposed:

You are a thief, and have no love of God in you. Your going to burn in hell.

Posting Links to Websites:

I think there should be like 300 post before posting a link, it is a trust issue. Some churches do offer free teaching material for download that someone may find helpful. For me, some sites I go to following a link because there is material that explains in more detail on what someone is trying to say. I may not agree at all with their stance on Healing or anything else, but that does not mean I can't learn something.

Links to promote a denomination or personal interest should be banned. It is interesting to see where others go to church though, if done with a right heart.

I don't want to see this site end up like a few others where we feel that we have to walk on egg shells. I have been banned from 3 other sites already.

Jesus Is Lord.
I THINK PERSONAL ATTACKS SHOULD BE ACCEPTABLE.. its so so much better THAN SOME ONE ATTACKING Holy SCRIPTURE . whats the big deal really? about one sinner attacking another? thats SO SO MUCH BETTER THAN SINNERS ATTACKING GODS WORD..in fact do sinners really have a right to debate Gods word? no we are to believe Gods word not debate it..

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I think that attacking each other defeats the purpose of coming together in the unity of Christ. This is a public forum and as such It is not a good witness to be attacking believers or other members of this board. It just shows a lack of maturity. Here's a rule of thumb. If you don't do it in your church environment, why do it here?

Do we attack our pastor at church because we didn't agree with his message. The scriptures have been around a long time. They will still be here when man departs this earth.

Defend the Bible? I would as soon defend a lion! Unchain it and it will defend itself. -C H Spurgeon

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I THINK PERSONAL ATTACKS SHOULD BE ACCEPTABLE.. its so so much better THAN SOME ONE ATTACKING Holy SCRIPTURE . whats the big deal really? about one sinner attacking another? thats SO SO MUCH BETTER THAN SINNERS ATTACKING GODS WORD..in fact do sinners really have a right to debate Gods word? no we are to believe Gods word not debate it..
Holy Scripture does not require us to defend it, first and foremost.

Secondly, please clearly define attacking Holy Scripture so that it covers all conceivable/possible realities. Please also clearly define the difference between a legitimate query and an illegitimate one that attacks, while you are at it.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? - 1 Corinthians 5:6

It is my opinion that with the denomination comes the ego... And just a little of that stuff makes the whole lump bad.

Reactions: Prentis

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I totally agree that truth needs no defense. Not sure what the big deal is about the rules - I think they are quite reasonable.

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
horsecamp said:
horsecamp,

I think the point here is that we need to keep discussion about views and interpretations, not individuals. We can debate our ideas and interpretations. This is not "attacking Scripture." Attacking Scripture would be more like questioning its authority or divine origin. When we debate about the meaning of various Scriptures, we seek to understand it and allow our understandings to be expressed to others. This is not an "attack" on Scripture...even if we are wrong (unless we are intentionally trying to mislead someone). It is simply a discussion/debate about the meaning or application of God's Word.

Personal attacks are never acceptable as Christians. Maybe you are misunderstanding the meaning of "personal attack." A personal attack (as I understand it) is when a discussion turns away from our differing beliefs and interpretations and turn toward one person maligning and criticizing another's character or motives. For instance, say we were having a debate about Scripture's teaching on baptism and we have both been sharing scriptures and our interpretations of those texts. Then, suppose I disagree with you and in my anger I start to call you a moron, an agent of the devil or question your salvation. This is a personal attack and it should never be viewed as permissible Christian behavior. I think it is fine to go back and forth in passionate debate regarding our personal convictions about various beliefs, but we should never malign another person's character, intelligence, or worth.

Reactions: JPPT1974 and aspen

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We need to agree to disagree? Ever heard of that?! As need to treat others the way that we would like and want to be treated! Despite our differences and opinions!

Reactions: Angelina

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
JPPT1974 said:
We need to agree to disagree? Ever heard of that?! As need to treat others the way that we would like and want to be treated! Despite our differences and opinions!
only from non confessional lutherans have i heard we need to agree to disagree .. . you also will never hear such a thing in the bible either .. if a person is wrong and the bible teaches differently than what they state its is not a loving thing to say.. because its wishy washy . as if one can believe any thing they want and its ok with God .

perhaps its only lutherans that teach the bible is not a book of confusion. and that their is only one way to interpet the bible and thats Gods way .

want to know Gods way?

Read them and see for your self whether these methods of interpretation are not the methods the Bible itself, and Jesus Himself, use.

http://www.grace-els.org/confirmation/interpretation/interpretation.html
Try as you all might you will never be able to prove even one confessional lutheran pastor a heretic.+

BECAUSE THEY NEVER FINALY DECIDE ANYTHING AT ALL

Gods word the bible is all the pope Lutherans need..

make this your stand to and you also will never be prroven a heretic!!!

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
HammerStone said:
That's part of a forum atmosphere - I think reasonable debate is part of being a knowledgeable Christian well studied in the word. Iron sharpens iron (Proverbs 27:17). I guess what I'm driving at is that to me there is a difference between going "Hey, you know how you believe in a Saturday Sabbath?" or "Hey you believe you eat Jesus!" (to pick some controversial topics off the top of my head for certain denominations) as compared to saying "You're a SDA/Catholic so you're going to hell!" If someone believes that Christ is the one way, then that's all I really need to know that this person is reasonable.

The other side of the coin is that you have these folks who want to post this information, but then get angry when it's against the rules (they're subject to the same ones everyone else abides by) or they are challenged by the members here. I'm aware of what gets said about CB sometimes and this forum has acquired an anti-Catholic reputation, as an example. And it's solely because we don't allow the endless postings and links about Catholic doctrines in threads. Frankly it gets annoying when every post contains a handful of links to a person's denominational beliefs. I don't mind people sharing movies and other media, but it's like some folks have got to post their entire church's media library in the forum - and this is not limited to just Catholics by any means. Heaven forbid you tell them no!

I originally did this. I hate to cut out the links for the folks that don't abuse the system, though. I'm open to suggestions, but I think something like a 10 or 25 post requirement to begin posting links is reasonable. I don't know why people - particularly Christians - don't get that psoting your URL on another forum in huge bold letters is rude! That's common sense and simple forum etiquette. I always point out that's what signatures are for. Folks don't go to your website when they see you spamming a place. They go to your website when they see you making positive contributions and come to respect what you say. I do this (albeit in another category) for a living as well as moderate on much larger forums than CB. You can pull in visits by the tens and hundreds if you forgo the spam and contribute.

I'll end my rant on the link subject, but I don't get why people don't understand this.

I don't want eggshells around here - so I'm always open to ideas on how to curb this stuff and yet still keep this place friendly.
we don't allow the endless postings and links about Catholic doctrines in threads.
Does that mean Catholics cannot defend against endless derision, misrepresentations, false histories, and lies? Would a report of such endless postings mean anything? The same standard should apply to anti-Catholic hate speech and bigotry as it would to excessive Catholic doctrines. I am not here to proselytize or cause trouble But if Catholics cannot address excessive Dave Hunt or Jack Chick mentalities the rules have double standards. I agree that Catholic links and posts should not be excessive, as long as they are a reply and not a thread starter. Explaining and defending, as with any Christian, is not "pushing".

I never use the report button but I think I will start and see what happens.

example:
"Revelation is being fulfilled by the statement from the pope...(Rev 17 describes the pope and his organization)..who would lead this world government...from the Sodom nation of the USA or other western nations? LOL....we need a world leader alright and He is coming..His name is Jesus Christ, and God..He will be our ultimate leader for eternity... "

"Revelation 17 and 18 of the Bible seems to be a very good source of information regarding the pagan based Roman religion...describes it very well...even calls it "mother of harlots"...the future at that point looks very bleak for this counterfeit religious system doesn't it?

Remember always, salvation is through the Son of God, God's grace and commandments, and NOT the sungod/satan and his doctrines and days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are non Bibilical and of pagan origin!"

"Apostle John says in 1st John "those that say they know Him and keep NOT His commandments are liars, and the truth is not in them"...Does the pagan based Roman globalist (catholic) keep God's commandments..of course not...so obviously the truth is not in them! Just look at it's track record of killing over the centuries to force recruitment to their counterfeit religion..even up to Ireland of a few years ago, with Roman globalist (catholics) at war and killing "protestants"...Sure does not sound very Christian does it? "

"The Roman globalist (catholic) doctrines mean nothing, they are not worthy of comment as they do not line up with the Bible, as I previously pointed out...so keep spinning your wheels on these man made pagan doctrines, they are of no value to the discussion...stick to the Bible...
BTW in the picture you keep posting..it is good to remind people the sungod worship of the Roman church by the sun halo behind the head of all the statues/pictures...it confirms the true origins of the Roman religion!"
http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/21613-pope-calls-for-global-political-leader/

​There is more. This is on one page of one thread. I don't think the ignore feature is the answer either.
Thank you for your consideration.

Peter

Beloved212

Apr 5, 2016
HammerStone said:
I can count at least one member that has left us over this, so I want to get it out in the open. It concerns a provision of our forum rules:

I realize this rule is pretty ambiguous, so I'm willing to clarify it a bit.

When we say "excessive" we simply mean that when your posting solely becomes concerned with your denomination, then there is a problem. Examples that would not fall under this are simple remarks about beliefs, comments in a general thread about one's denomination, etc.

A prime example of what we do mean with this rule is a thread created posting links and information about your denomination. Frankly, we're not interested and neither is the community. If you're posting links to your denomination's website, then it basically amounts to spam. Websites exist in the first place to put out this information, and it doesn't need to be copied & pasted here on CB nor on any other forum. We are trying to create an environment where the only denomination is Christ, and posts that don't really contribute to this help no one. Unfortunately this seems to conflict with some denominations more than other, and it usually ends up with an accusation that we're anti-___________. I'm simply here to make a public statement that we are not anti-denominational but instead are non-denominational.

Feedback on this subject is welcome either here publicly or privately via Personal Messenger or Email.

Special thanks to all of you who understand this and do such a great job!
smile.gif
I appreciate the examples. It is helpful to all.

Beloved212

Apr 5, 2016
horsecamp said:
GOD Chose Those of us who came earlier to share his truths with you who came later. and now You mock us. Because in the liturgy CREEDS and our confessions it always proclims God's BIBLE TRuths hIS forgivness WON for you also.

Let me tell you a thing or two your pastors are not So perfect thet they dont need these same biblical truths as much as the rest of us do..

Your pastors "have been unfaithful" they have forgotten to tell your people Each time they open their forgetful mouths.. about the Forgivnes Jesus has won FOR ALL PEOPLE .

But the old tried and trrue Christian lturgy creeds and confessions never has fogotten to mention Jesus or the forgivness he Has won For all people..

they DONT get DEMENTIA OR HAVE MOMENTS OF DOUBTs Like human pastors have, ABOUT JESUS ... They just confess and proclaim him as true God and Lord as they always have AND ACCORDING to THE scrpture truths

when you Hammestone get to be as faithful as the old Christian liturgy creeds and confessions

that will be your death day the day you are transfered from the churh militant to the church triumphant.

but even then you wont always have been as faithful to Jesus as the liturgy or creed and cnfessons have been..

Why liturgy and creeds No congregation would stick around while some preacher OF YOURS endlesly quoted the Whole bible to them .

SO NO CREED BUT THE BIBLE IS JUST A STUPID and dunb ignorant and feel good thing to say but never lived up to even one of your church's. ever..

The creeds are used so we dont have to attempt to quote the whole bible as people run out of church building in horor and fear their pastor
may just try it.

AND DO YOUR PEOPLE A FAVOR HAVE YOUR PREACHER MASK THEM SELVES with a cosock or SOME simple ROBE .. NO ONE WANTS TO SEE THE PREACHERS UNDERWAEAR STICKING OUT OF HIS FLY OR SOME OTHER FAILURE OF DRESS OR EATING HABBITS LEfT ON TIe OR SHIRT COSSICS OR ROBS mask the man so people can think about GODS word yOUR PREACHER ARE USING THE BIBLE I HOPE? OR IS THAt TO old Chistian to?

The reason why we can believe we are 100 pecent correct is due to a high reguard for Gods word. Luther taugt the bibe was vey clear in what it wanted people to believe.

he also taught the bible is absolute truth.. all these teachigs go against what many churches teach to day,, So i understand where your coming from.

Yet if were right and the bible is absolute truth and the holy spirit makes
'us the unwilling willing to belive it " Than we can be 100 percent right in what we beleive about what Gods promises are and how we receive them what he has revealed in his bible his word and about us being sinners..

So i cant disagree with you more since i beleive the bible is absolute truth and clear in what we are to believe and God wants us all to believe what it says.
and he is even willing to help our unbeleif believe. i wish you would think about it. either you believe the bible is a book of confusion or you believe
that people can have unity of true faith because of the bible.

IM NOT SAYING HERE LUTHERANS PRACTICE the bibles doctrines correctly . We may know the bibles doctrines with 100 percent certanty
YET only Jesus was able to live them PERFECTLY FOR ALL PEOPLE.

So what the lutheran claim to fame is ...........
were beggers of Gods mercy in Christ because of a 100 percent knowlege of the doctrines of christ we see that we are the worst of all sinners..
Its interesting to me to see all the various views of this topic, thanks!