Sabbath and the New Covenant

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He not only shall by punishment by the Law, die, he, more by want of the WORK OF GOD BY THE SON on the Sabbath Day, shall DIE.
So you approve of executing gays, those who work on weekends, Muslims, adulterers, those who take God's Name in vain ... as the Law COMMANDS? Or do you just pick the parts of the Law you like?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
So you approve of executing gays, those who work on weekends, Muslims, adulterers, those who take God's Name in vain ... as the Law COMMANDS? Or do you just pick the parts of the Law you like?
So you say, <those who>, you know, those whom you listed, who by the Law OF GOD "SHALL SURELY DIE", shall, as the serpent said, NOT surely die , but shall "BECOME LIKE GOD".
I think <those> for you have or are, already become like God.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't answer my simple question.

"So you believe in executing sinners as the Law COMMANDED?"
What happens to those who go against God, especially when He is before them like the Children of Israel. As you can see being directly before God has consequences much more like those in Sodom and Gommorah, so you have to take that into account and look at the whole contex.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What happens to those who go against God, especially when He is before them like the Children of Israel. As you can see being directly before God has consequences much more like those in Sodom and Gommorah, so you have to take that into account and look at the whole contex.
IOW, you pick the parts of the Law you like! We're talking about the death penalties that were COMMANDS in the Law.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People's eyes need to be opened about the truth of the gospel. (Romans 1:16; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4; 2 Corinthians 4:3,4) Sabbath keeping is not the gospel and it's also not binding on Christians under the new covenant. (Colossians 2:16-17)

Don't make the same error that the Israelites made by trying to establish their own righteousness. (Romans 10:1-4)
But when God writes it with His own finger, is it truth?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why can't anyone find a Sabbath COMMAND in the New Covenant? Hmm

Ain't any!

When God redeems Israel at the end of the sixth day/age of the Lord, He tells the Israelites to keep His Sabbath Day/age Holy. (Isaiah 58:6-14)

When Israel, in the near future, i.e., in around 20 years' time, repents of their idolatrous past, the idolatry of their fathers and also their own idolatry, then God will hear from Heaven and heal the entity of their land and will plant them in the fertile field of His faithful Servant, Jesus, and will teach them on the rock that comes down out of heaven untouched by human hands and this rock will become the greatest mountain in all of the earth.

When God redeems Israel, He will sprinkle water over them to cleanse them, and He will renew the same covenant that He had made with them at Mt Sinai, which they had rebelled against within 40 days from entering into this covenant, while Moses was up on the mountain talking face to face with God, the Covenant of a Kingdom of Priests, a Holy Nation and His Possession among the nations of the earth.

During Jesus' time of ministering upon the earth to Israel, He clearly stated that He had not come to change any parts of the "law," so if no parts of the Law was rescinded by Christ, then the requirements of the Salvation Covenant, in existence from the time of Adam, has also not been altered, except to change the sacrifice requirement for our sins, and as such keeping the Sabbath Day Holy on the part of those who have been grafted into Israel, is as much of a requirement for us as it is for the Israelites today.

We should note that God searches the condition of our hearts, and as such He is more interested in how we demonstrate His love for us than being a stickler for the law and where we draw our nourishment of Him from.

As such the Law keepers are in just as much trouble with God as those who bend the "laws" slightly to suit their own needs.

God is more interested where we draw our nourishment from with respect to our relationship with Him and if we draw our nourishment from His fertile field, then we will be blessed at the end of the seventh age.

Shalom

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you read this text..
1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

And this text..
Galatians 5:21
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

And then the words of Christ..
Luke 13:5
I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, no more no remaining in one's house on the sabbath all day,
Oh, brother!! God was talking to the Israelites to not go out to collect manna on Sabbath, not to stay home all day on Sabbath.
Ex 16:29

If what you said was true, then Jesus wouldn't have gone to synagogue on Sabbath , and neither would others. Remember, Jesus said he kept ALL of His Father's commandments.
John 15:16 "If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love."

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you read this text..
1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

And this text..
Galatians 5:21
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

And then the words of Christ..
Luke 13:5
I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
If you want to preach Sabbath from the Law you must obey ALL of the Law, including the many death penalties, weekend workers, gays, adulterers, other religions. You can't pick the part you like.

Galatians 5:1-4
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Oh, brother!! God was talking to the Israelites to not go out to collect manna on Sabbath, not to stay home all day on Sabbath.
Ex 16:29

If what you said was true, then Jesus wouldn't have gone to synagogue on Sabbath , and neither would others. Remember, Jesus said he kept ALL of His Father's commandments.
John 15:16 "If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love."
Reread, carefully. Note, I wrote, no more no going out