Salvation the free gift

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, "sinless perfection" is a misnomer that is applied to the doctrine of entire sanctification in order to create a straw man that is easily toppled by 1 John 1:8.

When in all reality, those who believe in entire sanctification do not believe that sin has been eradicated from them (i.e. they do not say that they have no sin); but rather that it has been rendered dead within them (Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8) so that it no longer has any say over their behaviour (Romans 6:14).

Otherwise, 1 John 1:8, if it teaches "If we say that we do no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us" is in contradiction to such verses as 1 John 3:9; and 1 John 3:6 w/ 1 John 2:17; and a plethora of other verses (such as Jude 1:24, 2 Peter 1:10, and 1 John 2:10).

First you must consider that all scripture is inspired of the Lord and is profitable for doctrine, etc. (2 Timothy 3:16).

Then you must take a wild look at the following scripture.

Eze 33:12, Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.
Eze 33:13, When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.

Eze 33:18, When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby.

Will you be expanding on your notion of “ Lucky Repentance” anytime soon? Give me My “ Christmas Present” a few weeks early? Thanking you in advance....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read 2 Corinthians 5:10 again.

2Co 5:10, For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Question: who is the apostle Paul referring to here when he says "we"?

The proper “ Judgement” due for me is Eternal Damnation . God took the Judgement for all of my sins and put them on His Son at the Cross.....As if that were not enough, God took the Perfection Of His Son and put it not my Heavenly Account, making me Fit for Heaven. It’s all called Christianity 101..... where were you when the class was taught?

I suppose that I was reading my Bible and getting the real scoop on what Christianity is all about...

Because if your class on "Christianity 101" doesn't take into account every verse in the Bible, it is a false class teaching falsely.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Ti 3:16, All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17, That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!
Amen.

If by quoting this you are attemoting to imply that the gospel that I am preaching is a false one, you are barking up the wrong tree.

I study to shew myself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

And it is also my consistent prayer that the Holy Ghost would speak through me in everything that comes off of my keyboard at these message boards.

So, from your perspective, either I am lying when I say this or else everything that comes off of my keyboard is from Him; or else the Lord does not answer prayer that is pleasing to Him, and even according to His will.

Please note that if I am lying that would make me the worst kind of deceiver.

And therefore, if you continue to come against me I will take it as the worst of insults, to be settled at your day of judgment.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the Holy Spirit does not use ad hominem attacks on others. So quit blaming God for your poor behavior.

Colossians 4:6
Let your conversation be gracious and attractive so that you will have the right response for everyone.

Ephesians 4:29
Let no unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building up the one in need and bringing grace to those who listen.

1 Peter 3:15
But in your hearts sanctify Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give a defense to everyone who asks you the reason for the hope that you have. But respond with gentleness and respect,

Colossians 3:16
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
fallacy know as "appealing to self interest"

hope this helps !!!

And the Holy Spirit does not use ad hominem attacks on others.

And, since we are not in debate mode, there is no such thing as a logical fallacy when you are not in debate mode.

Here is what the Holy Spirit has to say about being in debate mode:

Rom 1:28, And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Rom 1:29, Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Rom 1:30, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Rom 1:32, Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

2Co 12:20, For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults:
2Co 12:21, And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.

I would not want to be involved in the things that are listed beside debate; and therefore I would not want to be involved in debate either.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:28
Furthermore, since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 7:3
Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but fail to notice the beam in your own eye?

Luke 6:41,42
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye? …

Romans 2:1
You therefore have no excuse, you who pass judgment on another. For on whatever grounds you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 7:3
Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but fail to notice the beam in your own eye?

Luke 6:41,42
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye? …

Romans 2:1
You therefore have no excuse, you who pass judgment on another. For on whatever grounds you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.

2Ti 2:6, The husbandman that laboureth must be first partaker of the fruits.

How have I judged you?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the Holy Spirit does not use ad hominem attacks on others. So quit blaming God for your poor behavior.
And also, where have I resorted to an ad hominem attack?

And, what poor behaviour?

And, how am I blaming the Lord for it?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
read your own words in your posts and figure it out..............................

and when reading them look at them as if someone else is saying those words and scriptures about you.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
satan has achieved a new low in that he is now accusing his enemies with misuses of holy scripture.